Easter Egg Hunt Trip Report

The Disney Ninja and I took part in the Easter Egg hunt being hosted at California Adventure this past weekend. Though the eggs were mostly easy to find, we had a great time together and thought we'd share some of it with you.

We arrived fairly early, as we usually do, and headed for Oswalds filling station as instructed to pick up our map and stickers.

Name:  P3239342.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  111.7 KB

We were pretty excited to get started as you can see. While the Disney Ninja is getting older, and growing out of some things, he still has plenty of room in his heart for a good 'ol fashioned Easter egg hunt. The map said the first egg would be at Award Weiners, and sure enough...

Name:  P3239343.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  160.4 KB

I wasn't expecting a great challenge, but you could see this one from Carthay Circle practically. We were now full of confidence, thinking we could knock this out in 30 minutes. We wound up though spending 30 minutes just trying to find the next one in the Hollywood Backlot! It turns out it wasn't in the Mad T Party/Monsters Inc. area at all, which is where we looked almost exclusively. I eventually came to realize that we were barking up the wrong tree and made for Hollywood Blvd.

Name:  P3239355.JPG
Views: 483
Size:  164.2 KB

Per the map, next stop was Tower of Terror where we were meant to find 2 hidden eggs. And two we found, quite easily this time.

Name:  P3239357.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  174.9 KB

Name:  P3239364.JPG
Views: 484
Size:  163.7 KB

It was at this point that the Disney Ninja declared that we were tied 2 to 2. I didn't know that it was a competition, but now that it was, I was ready to look!! But I forgot that I'm old and carrying two cameras. The Ninja? NOT. The next two were in Cars Land, so we headed that way via the side exit from Bugs Land. On our way out I caught a few shots of these guys:

Name:  P3239366.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  179.0 KBName:  P3239367.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  121.1 KBName:  P3239369.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  87.7 KB

Heimlich is pure awesome. Love that guy. So we barely got to Route 66 before the Disney Ninja started freaking out. Apparently he spotted Lightning McQueen on top of the Curio shop.

Name:  P3239371.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  216.4 KB

And then he RAN to Maters to find this one.

Name:  P3239375.JPG
Views: 478
Size:  103.5 KB

So now I'm up against it 4 to 2. I have to find the next one. Luckily, this one was a pain in the butt to find, so he couldn't sprint ahead. The map said it was "by the Wharf." That could mean anything! But after looking around for a bit "BY" the wharf, I eventually found Daisy chilling in a planted area.

Name:  P3239382.JPG
Views: 474
Size:  176.6 KB

While there, I found some really pretty spring flowers in bloom and couldn't help myself.

Name:  P3239378.JPG
Views: 472
Size:  186.1 KB

Name:  P3239379.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  214.0 KB

Almost immediately after leaving the Wharf area the Disney Ninja spotted the next egg, perched up on Goofy's water tower. Amazing eyesight that kid.

Name:  P3239383.JPG
Views: 467
Size:  108.4 KB

We knew the next one was by Silly Symphony, and it was my last chance to hope for a tie. And I spotted this sucker quite a ways away.

Name:  P3239389.JPG
Size:  121.0 KB

Only one more to go...

Name:  P3239388.JPG
Size:  91.8 KB

The last egg was all the way back to the beginning at the Carthay Theater. The Ninja was not to be beaten, so he again sprinted ahead and was able to find the final one, a hidden Mickey if you will.

Name:  P3239390.JPG
Views: 464
Size:  99.3 KB

While there, I caught this rather ominous image of Mickey stalking about.

Name:  P3239391.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  93.7 KB

Don't lie..that's freaking you out a little, right? And then we caught the amazing, the stupendous, back-side-of-MICKEY!

Name:  P3239395.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  197.9 KB

All that remained was to collect our prize. You returned your map at Elias and Co. Here's the final product!

Name:  P3239404.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  120.2 KB

And so concluded our Easter egg hunt. We had a great time the boy and I. I love being able to do stuff like this with him. We're going to hope to make it to Disneyland again this weekend to see the Easter Bunny proper, but I hear crowds are already massive.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• SUPERlurker

Re: Easter Egg Hunt Trip Report

Great trip report! I wasn't able to make it out to DLR last weekend, so I appreciate all the pictures. Congrats to the Disney Ninja for winning.

Thank you, glad you liked it.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Minion

Don't forget there's another egg hunt going on this week at the up play ground explorer scout this week at dca. This one is free. Hopefully u and disney ninja can do this one also.

Thank you. We're gonna try!

• Production Designer

These are great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome, and thank you Bri!

• Selfie Expert

The expression on his face in the first picture with the map is so fabulous. LOVE IT!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

How fun!! I was wondering how they were going to do this, thanks for sharing! That first picture of the Disney Ninja is hilarious! It looks like you both had a great time.

Thank you, we had a great time. The Disney Ninja can be a bit of a goof. There's actually video of our trip up on YouTube if you want to check it out.

• is poppin' tags

So cool! Did you have to pay extra to participate in the egg hunt?
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    So cool! Did you have to pay extra to participate in the egg hunt?
    Yes, it was $4.95 plus tax to receive the map and stickers. The egg hunt going on now at Redwood Creek is free though, as far as I understand.