6 7.41%
  • Starcade w/ 2nd Floor

4 4.94%
  • Rocket Jets

16 19.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

Peoplemover all the way
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Disneyland Nomad

I will never be happy in the land of Tomorrow until, the Rockets soar high above TL again!
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by wedwaypm View Post
    Please vote in the poll above, this will be sent to disneyland cast members and guest services. Better yet, their new president michael a. Colglazier!
    I voted for the one which will require most of destorying Splash Mountain. America Sings. Sell that to TDA.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    None of the above. Nothing about the past screams the world of tomorrow.

Sorry.
    Neither does Marvel, Pixar, and Lucas Film material ... which is either already in Tomorrowland, or lurking in the wings, waiting to come in.

And if I had my choice ... I'd rather take a new incarnation of one of these older attractions ... over sith lords, battery operated toy rangers, talking fish, and modern day superheros.

And let me underline that - New Incarnation. I wouldn't want to see a return of the same '67 Peoplemover (which I voted for) ... I want to see a totally new version of it.

My second choice is Adventure Thru Inner Space. Happy to say I got to enjoy it in my childhood, teen, and 20s .. .before it went away.

Almost 30 years after it's closing .... and 47 years since it debuted .... my imagination is just freaking out .. how utterly cool it could be remade today - with new advances in the theme park industry.

Carousel of Progress is my 3rd choice. Never got to see the Disneyland version of this. Only the watered down version at WDW. I think the uber cool aspect of this show ... after revolving around 5 stages .. come to stage 6 ... which is a speed ramp to view Progress City. A new version would be great .. though .. we know ... this .. along with most other stuff in the poll will never happen.

In all honesty .... I think the best bet we have .. is the Rocket Jets will once again .. go back on to it's "1967" perch. With a new design. I highly doubt it's going to be the giant "bulbous" contraption it is now. I predict something sleek .. slim lined ... to once again adorn the center of Tomorrowland.

And if they do some major demolition to many of the current Tomorrowland structures .... that could address the current tight passages that Cal/OSHA is deeming - "No go" for any P.M. replacement ... a land reconstructed I'm hoping will give us Peoplemover fans hope that they can create an entirely new version of this attraction rated high in many polls to make some sort of return.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-28-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

None of the above, although it would have to be kinetic like the PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by wedwaypm View Post
    Sorry for not adding MM, I was listing attractions/artwork built in the 1967 remodel, but good idea; maybe Flight to the Moon???
    Can we hit golf balls?
    Nah, been there & done that. I'd prefer a tour of the Milky Way, then a fast visit to Andromeda. "A Tale of Two Galaxies."

Well, they've already brought back the Flying Saucers, right Luigi? So my vote would go for a return to the classic Submarine Voyage.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I voted for the one which will require most of destorying Splash Mountain. America Sings. Sell that to TDA.
    As a huge fan of Brer Fox I find that very offensive. I even had my picture taken with him! Besides, there is one disclaimer to the return of AS, they built the ride in honor of the bicentennial. Oh well...

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

To be honest, not sure which attraction is not already obsolete by current technological progress.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Sock Puppet

Actually, the Rocket Jets and the GE Carousel of Progress may never become obselete, since one will always feature the latest technology (thanks to a particular company), and the other can always feature technology and looks that will never go out of style. Just saying...

• Minion

With all the recent developments in nanotechnology, I think a revamped version of Adventure Through Inner Space could be really exciting and relevant.

That said, the Peoplemover is one of the most pleasant rides in the Magic Kingdom, and it would be great to have a similar experience at Disneyland.

None of these. Tomorrowland needs a new, technologically, conceptually fresh attraction. I loved America Sings but I'm sure if I saw that show now 24 years later I would be less than entertained.

I knew PM would win.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Voting on this poll was tough for me. Although I would love to see the Peoplemover and/or Carousel of Progress to return to DL you can still see them at WDW (providing you have the funds for a pilgrimage to the magical city of Orlando). I personally think Adventure Through Inner Space could easily be updated and transformed into a high-tech thrill ride.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    I knew PM would win.
    we're people mover fans!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast