6 7.41%
  • Starcade w/ 2nd Floor

4 4.94%
  • Rocket Jets

16 19.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Special Agent

Re: What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

Why isn't the Bathroom of Tomorrow listed?

What did the BoT have, anyway? Hot-air hand-driers? Electric-eye toilets? Probably not. So it wasn't really a BoT.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I voted for the one which will require most of destorying Splash Mountain. America Sings. Sell that to TDA.
    Not to worry! WDI is fast at work animating all the America Sings characters in CGI which can then be projected in a circular theatre that doesn't move, but makes you think you're moving! The Excel sheet showing the savings on maintenance won awards for best value-engineered new attraction of the coming decade.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    we're people mover fans!!!
    The DisneyBlog did a very similar poll last year. The results were pretty much the same, the peoplemover won by a wide margin.Disney fans love the Peoplemover.
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." – Eeyore

• world class bilge rat

I voted for Inner Space, but it's not easy to pick just one.

Tommorrowland had a lot going for it back in the day; in my opinion, slight modifications would have been better than the major remodel.

• All-American

PeopleMover and the Rocket Jets on top of the tower (surprised that one doesn't have more votes). Everything else should be a clean slate IMO.

• film975

When some of the Imagineers say (Tony Baxter to cite a recent example) that the PeopleMover is never coming back, I think they mean it won't come back exactly the way it was. Most likely it will be something different. How different is what they maybe still trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. However I will throw a vote towards the Peoplemover. While OSHA made it clear the original ride can never comeback, maybe a smart imagineer at WDI can come up with a futuristic and modern replacement.
    Has OSHA ever made an official announcement regarding the PeopleMover?

Question here for those in the know. How much work would it take to get the Peoplemover up to Osha standards. I've posted before about having to walk on the tracks when the ride broke down, so I am assuming handrails need to be installed,but what else?
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." – Eeyore

• Sock Puppet

Exclamation Re: What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

Quote Originally Posted by DebG View Post
    Question here for those in the know. How much work would it take to get the Peoplemover up to Osha standards. I've posted before about having to walk on the tracks when the ride broke down, so I am assuming handrails need to be installed,but what else?
    I read that thread . It was there "Where can you still see the PeopleMover tracks" thread.

btw, did anyone see the new 'In the Parks' article? They talk about what might be (hopefully), the last exhibit to open @ Innoventions:

IRON MAN inside INNOVENTIONS

The Disneyland Resort Twitter announced that, beginning April 13th, “Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries” will be a new exhibit inside Innoventions. The display will pretty much be what appeared at San Diego Comic Con and will run for an indefinite period of time. Iron Man suits I-VII will be on display and visitors will, apparently, be able to virtually suit up and test out technologies themselves.

While this will certainly bring bigger numbers into the neglected Innoventions building, the real question is, will the reaction be enough to justify a full-on Iron Man E-ticket attraction? Time will tell. But the jury is still out on what will happen in this spot in the long run. This is a band-aid for an old attraction which has long since outlived its welcome (if it was ever welcome to begin with).

• Avid MC reader since 2005

The only one that I am interested in seeing return in that list is the Skyway.

I LOVED the Skyway! It was such a nice way to travel from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland and had a wonderful view of the park.

It seems like they could redesign the carriages so that no one could spit or throw things out the windows. Were there any other reasons for shutting them down?

• Hooterville, USA

A good follow up poll would be to find out how many MCers have ridden all of the choices.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• New Member Goes Forth

Definatly a modern PeopleMover. The travk needs to be utilised to show a world on the move. Maybe the attraction should be faster, due to everything in this orld is geting faster?
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    None of the above. Nothing about the past screams the world of tomorrow.

Sorry.
    Disney hinted that Circlevision might "come back" (hey just set-up some digital screens in a circle and play the old footage) for a limited time . . . but kinda agree that none of these attractions should be coming back (I'd enjoy the old PeopleMover but a lot of fatalities occurred on this ride and OSHA prevents it). Carousel of Progress is in MK, as is the People Mover . . .

There needs to be an option for new attractions such as a Star Wars ride, Iron Man, or something else. Survey seems to be just an attempt to get Disney to do something about the People Mover tracks as none of the options presented will realistically happen. I doubt they'll move the rocket jets back on top the People Mover platform as the gantry/elevator was a pain and perhaps guests would spit and throw things from up there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. However I will throw a vote towards the Peoplemover. While OSHA made it clear the original ride can never comeback, maybe a smart imagineer at WDI can come up with a futuristic and modern replacement.
    The survey needs an option for a PeopleMover 2.0 . . . not just unrealistic options such as America Sings . . . sure, shutdown Splash, take out the animatronics and put them back where they were!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    A good follow up poll would be to find out how many MCers have ridden all of the choices.
    I have.

And I'm not super excited to see any of them back, though a special event with Circle Vision would be cool, maybe even if they had a CM do a joke about the "state of confusion." ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast