6 7.41%
  • Starcade w/ 2nd Floor

4 4.94%
  • Rocket Jets

16 19.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

Re: What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

Quote Originally Posted by wedwaypm View Post
    Please vote in the poll above, this will be sent to disneyland cast members and guest services. Better yet, their new president michael a. Colglazier!
    I'd take another poll with options that include Star Wars (such as the blue sky concept of a Coruscant Racers ride utilizing the People Mover Tracks and Innoventions), or Iron Man, and some other options. It sounds kinda . . . out there to do a poll concerning attractions that have had their time in the sun and are horribly dated.

I get what you're asking about, in a theoretical sort of way, but some execs would be sure to laugh about bringing the SkyWay back.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    What did the BoT have, anyway? Hot-air hand-driers? Electric-eye toilets? Probably not. So it wasn't really a BoT.
    I don't think it really had anything to do with the future.

You can see more here:
    Gorillas Don't Blog

Quote Originally Posted by DebG View Post
    Question here for those in the know. How much work would it take to get the Peoplemover up to Osha standards. I've posted before about having to walk on the tracks when the ride broke down, so I am assuming handrails need to be installed,but what else?
    I was told at the time they were building Winnie the Pooh that OSHA requires a minimum of 36" of clearance around any ride vehicle. From what I understand, the current indoor tunnels do not meet that clearance requirement and would have to be reconfigured. Since many are load bearing walls it would require major reconstruction of buildings and downtime for the rides connected to them. Possibly years of work.

I also believe from the work being done on Alice, that they also require handrails for any drop of more than 48". That would be almost the entire PM track length.

Because so much work would need to be done to bring it back, it would also lose any grandfather status with regard to the ADA. Which means it would have to be fully wheelchair accessible.

• is poppin' tags

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    The only one that I am interested in seeing return in that list is the Skyway.

I LOVED the Skyway! It was such a nice way to travel from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland and had a wonderful view of the park.

It seems like they could redesign the carriages so that no one could spit or throw things out the windows. Were there any other reasons for shutting them down?
    I recall reading an article about a man jumping from a gondola and landing in a tree. While he survived the fall, there may have been other instances with jumping guests.

But seriously, I ADORED the Skyway.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I'd take another poll with options that include Star Wars (such as the blue sky concept of a Coruscant Racers ride utilizing the People Mover Tracks and Innoventions), or Iron Man, and some other options. It sounds kinda . . . out there to do a poll concerning attractions that have had their time in the sun and are horribly dated.

I get what you're asking about, in a theoretical sort of way, but some execs would be sure to laugh about bringing the SkyWay back.

Iron Man would be cool.
    For the love of Disney....

Sad Re: What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

Thank you to the people who answered my questions about the fixes to the Peoplemover. I tried to add the quotes, for some reason they came out wonky. The needed upgrade sounds like a little more work than a quick trip to Home Depot would cure. They really have to do something with it, its looking a little pathetic.
    Last edited by DebG; 03-30-2013 at 06:59 AM. Reason: it cameout wrong
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    J.K Chesterson

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    I recall reading an article about a man jumping from a gondola and landing in a tree. While he survived the fall, there may have been other instances with jumping guests.

But seriously, I ADORED the Skyway.
    It seems if that was the reason for shutting it down they could just come up with a new gondola design that would prevent that from happening. After all, they came up with new bobsleds for the Matterhorn.

Please, Disney! Bring them back!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Adventure Thru Inner Space, Peoplemover replacement, and Rocket Jets.

• formerly very helpful

I voted for People Mover, for all the reasons that have been mentioned before. Of course, this isn't going to happen, so it's time to move on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234