6 7.41%
  • Starcade w/ 2nd Floor

4 4.94%
  • Rocket Jets

16 19.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lightbulb What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

Please vote in the poll above, this will be sent to disneyland cast members and guest services. Better yet, their new president michael a. Colglazier!

• Minion

Re: What Classic Tomorrowland Attraction Should Return in New TL Renovation???

The poll isn't appearing at the top.
    Anyways, I vote for PeopleMover.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    The poll isn't appearing at the top.
    Anyways, I vote for PeopleMover.
    Try Now!

• Minion

• Future Imagineer

Just putting it out there: Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Just putting it out there: Walt Disney
    Yeah, just take his cryogenic capsule out of storage and put him on display like Lenin.

Yes, I know Walt's not really on ice. This is called "humor."

And I vote for PM and America Sings.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Update the Carousel of Progress by making it a 3D roller coaster like ride like Transformers. Then, just update the film every decade, so that things stay fresh. This'll keep people in their seats
    Last edited by thedude76; 03-27-2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: typo

• The doctor is in

None of the above. Nothing about the past screams the world of tomorrow.

Sorry.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• is poppin' tags

Skyway was the boobs. [sic]

It really has nothing to do with the future per se, but it was a very exciting part of my trips as youngster. I loved that I could enter a gondola in Fantasy land, travel through a mountain and emerge in a land of the future. But then again, I'm an 80s child, the world of the "future" looked a lot like Michael Jackson and America Sings.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• ~

Definitely the PM or some other transportation device similar to the PM. It adds kinetic energy and life to the land which is desperately needed. I also cast a strong vote for Adventure Thru Inner Space. Not a direct copy of the old attraction, but a reincarnation inspired by the original's premise with updated effects, technology, etc. And regarding the rockets, I definitely prefer the Rocket Jets, with the attraction being further into the land and higher up in the air. I don't think the aesthetics should be duplicated, but the location of the Rocket Jets is ideal and would help de-clutter the entrance to Tomorrowland.

Regarding the others, it's a little hard to say, since many of them I never experienced. Based on sheer premise, none of them really excite me or seem crucial to the vision of Tomorrowland. I would prefer bringing back Carousel of Progress over America Sings, but I would rather bring something more similar to Horizons to the land or something completely new. I never rode the Skyway and I'm pretty indifferent about it. I don't feel like it's as crucial a transportation means as the PM. I really love the Mary Blair murals, but would be open to other ways of updating the facades and exteriors of buildings. Circlevision seems like a neat idea, but I'm pretty indifferent about bringing it back. In fact, I feel like they should do more than just bring back and repeat said attraction, unless they could find an interesting way to utilize the technology. Lastly, it'd be nice if the Starcade's second floor was used for, well, something. I don't go to the Starcade so I would be, once again, pretty apathetic about an expansion into the second floor, but better use the area than waste it. Perhaps in the future something better can use that space.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    Update the Carousel of Progress by making it a 3D roller coaster like ride like Transformers. Then, just update the film very decade, so that things stay fresh. This'll keep people in their seats
    I'm having the hardest time imagining this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    None of the above. Nothing about the past screams the world of tomorrow.

Sorry.
    Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. However I will throw a vote towards the Peoplemover. While OSHA made it clear the original ride can never comeback, maybe a smart imagineer at WDI can come up with a futuristic and modern replacement.

• Iron-Clad Allie

A return of the Skyway and Adventure Thru Inner Space would rock, especially if they were considerably updated with todays technology. As for the other rides on the list, I grew tired of the orignals years ago.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

If ATIS came back, the science would have to be updated to take into account quantum mechanics. There was nothing about it in the old ride.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• former CM

No Mission to Mars?

Or better yet travel to the nearest stars, then to the nearest galaxy, Andromeda. Maybe this could use tech like the Harry Potter, Spiderman, or Transformers attractions. And make it an exciting & funny educational tour without the now cliched, "Oh no! Something's gone wrong." As with Star Tours, different rides could feature different fight plans and different destinations. Different temperatures, humidity levels and audio-animatronic and human-costumed aliens could appear on different planets and moons.

• Sock Puppet

Sorry for not adding MM, I was listing attractions/artwork built in the 1967 remodel, but good idea; maybe Flight to the Moon???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast