Thread: Sooner or Later

• oh bugger

Sooner or Later

I feel like this might have been mentioned at one point already but I have done a search and can't find it.

I was listening to A Musical History of Disneyland as I do often and I was towards the end of the Splash Mountain ride through recording when the song "sooner or later" was sung. This isn't the song that is sung on the Disneyland ride and from what I gather it is the Disney World version of the ride that we get on the cd. The song right before the lift hill in Disneyland is much more somber and is nothing like 'sooner or later'

Am I somehow wrong, or was 'sooner or later' in the ride originally or did they give us the wrong version for our Disneyland cd?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Re: Sooner or Later

I noticed that too, I guess they just put the WDW version on there and hoped nobody would notice, because it definitely isn't Splash Mountain in DL .

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I noticed this too. I definately prefer the Disneyland version rather than the WDW version.

I downloaded the "50 Years of ImaginEARing" version that Visions Fantastic offered for a while on their site. I like it loads more better than the Musical History of Disneyland version. I'm afraid its no longer available on VisionsFantastic to download - only for streaming on their VF Radio.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I was expecting the somber version too cause I liked that. So when I first heard this version of Sooner or Later I hated it, but then I got use to it and started to like it. I do remember in the Disneyland ride though that a mother possum does sing, but I forget when she sings.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak
    I noticed that too, I guess they just put the WDW version on there and hoped nobody would notice, because it definitely isn't Splash Mountain in DL .
    On the Disneyland 6 CD Set? Thats not WDW's version. WDW's version is done all bluegrassy, banjos and all not the more symphony type recordings done for Disneyland. I have WDW's on Mp3 and it is very different from the one on the Disneyland set.
    And there is no song "sooner or Later" in WDW's version either.

You really should read the accompanying book before you make any more assumptions about the Splash Mountain ride soundtrack.

• Head Salesman

If I remember correctly, Sooner or Later is actually the original music. It was later changed to the foreboding music that we're all familiar with today.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Northwest Disneyphile

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    If I remember correctly, Sooner or Later is actually the original music. It was later changed to the foreboding music that we're all familiar with today.
    According to the book “Magic Quizdom” the song was changed shortly after the attractions opening because the song “Burrows Lament” (sooner or later) was not menacing enough .
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do