Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 116
  1. #76

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Who expects a CarsLand every year?
    You are hearing what you want to hear and not what I am saying.
    If you have actually seen the Fantasyland expansion you would know that it is absolutely gorgeous and the themed Mermaid exterior makes DCA's look like a strip mall exterior.
    There is nothing weak about it and particularly when the 7 Dwarves coaster opens. It realy looks like its going to be a realy fun ride and the theming is first rate.
    I am sure Avatar will be extremely well themed as well as the CarsLand for DHS or Pixar Land with RSR and possible rumored Monsters coaster.
    You keep making arguments that wood make sense excepts that your reasoning is false.

    Was Harry Potter lackluster, the new Transformers or do you think the new expanded Potter Land will be?

    It isnt about fighting competition for DLR, its about expanding into a new era as an actual destination vacation resort for more than a handfull of tourists west of the Rockies.
    Which would, in turn, make the resort that much better for locals as well.

    The truth is, having to fix DCA probably set the resort back decades. If DCA had been a success from the get go, Im sure we would have seen expansion by now.

    Im just not so sure that the big investment put into DCA was a hint at Disneys plan for the future of the resort, as much as it was needed to fix a source of embarressment for the company.
    Just look at the decision not to go with the MAJOR retheming to the DL Hotel, no interest in purchasing GardenWalk at a ridiculously low price, no new hotels or expansion plans for DTD. The decision to build a parking lot on what was supposed to be future resort development land.
    I think they might be done spending money, of any substance, on the resort as long as this crew is in charge of Disney.

    TDA doesnt even have the forward looking attitude that USO has and is definitely in the process of being passed by as the 2nd most important theme park resort in America. I know it doesnt seem like that to the SoCal locals, but it is true in most of the country.
    That is a shame.
    I dont know but I think you are panicking just a bit too much. DLR has added more things in the last 5 years then every other SoCal theme park in that time. Honestly, can you tell me what other theme park, even Universal, has added nearly on the level DLR has? Here is the short list:

    -TSMM
    -WOC
    -ST 2.0
    -Soundsational parade
    -BVS
    -CL
    -RSR
    -TLM
    -PFF
    -ElecTRONica/Mad T Party
    -Mickey Magic Map (coming soon )

    Of course that doesnt include the many new atmospheric shows, restaurants, ride rennovations and upgrades in this period either. I mean they have done quite a bit in the last half decade, I dont really see whats wrong with taking a break? Can you give me a list of what some of the other theme parks have done in that time? Universal added Transformers...ok, what else before that in the last few years? In fact wasnt the Simpsons Ride the last major thing theyve done?? Sea World added a moderate coaster and I think a show?

    Take a breath man, I think DLR is still waaaay ahead of the game compared to everywhere else in the region. CL is not even a year old yet, so I'm sure they just want to focus on all they added over the years. And I'm certain with the 60th around the corner something will get announced. Just have to see. But the sky is not exactly falling at DLR these days.

    As for the Ironman exhibit, sounds like fun and hopefully just a taste of whats to come in this area. I think I can count the times i been to Innoventions with one hand. MAYBE two, but the last decade, definitely one. I went last summer after DCA 2.0 opening and saw the ASiMOV robot. It was cool but no interest to return since. I KNOW people hate Marvel, boy do I know lol, but everyone seems to hate Innoventions even more and with the film coming out, this seems like a great match. I will definitely check it out when I go.

  2. #77

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,953
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Little late for that one..
    Honestly I just find is funny someone who is a Star Wars fan is against Marvel coming to the parks...considering how both are non Disney products that were bought to be brought into the parks

  3. #78

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Honestly I just find is funny someone who is a Star Wars fan is against Marvel coming to the parks...considering how both are non Disney products that were bought to be brought into the parks
    Which only proves HOW subjective this stuff is! For me, its all the same. As long as they do it right, as they did with the Star Wars stuff and is just as non-Disney as Marvel, then I'm fine with it. I prefer more original things, but those days are mostly gone. At least in the American parks.

  4. #79

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,058
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    Honestly I just find is funny someone who is a Star Wars fan is against Marvel coming to the parks...considering how both are non Disney products that were bought to be brought into the parks
    The purchases of Marvel and Lucasfilm had NOTHING to do with theme parks. The parks are at the bottom of the franchise pecking order in Iger's Disney.

  5. #80

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    WorldDisney I get what you are saying, however, for me, it isn't about competing with regional parks. It's about becoming a resort that people from anywhere in the world could legitimately plan there week long vacation to visit.
    For me, this is very possible to achieve but Disney doesn't seem to have the heart for it.

  6. #81

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    WorldDisney I get what you are saying, however, for me, it isn't about competing with regional parks. It's about becoming a resort that people from anywhere in the world could legitimately plan there week long vacation to visit.
    For me, this is very possible to achieve but Disney doesn't seem to have the heart for it.
    That isn't going to happen anytime soon because Walt Disney did not buy surplus land to expand greatly upon to begin with, so Disneyland became landlocked when urbanization began to surround Disneyland. This mistake was corrected when Disney World was built, and room for expansion would no longer be a big deal because they had excess land to work with. Ultimately, Disney needs to be considerate of space constraints when building new attractions at Disneyland.

  7. #82

    • No Disassemble!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    791

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How would one 'virtually' suit up? Your head on a video-game style body on a big screen? Superimposing the suit on an image of you? Green screen suit? Or do they just mean a fancy video game where you shoot a blaster at a screen? Seeing HOW they do it might be interesting.
    I'm willing to bet money that it will have something to do with the XBOX/PC Kinect.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

  8. #83

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Everyone knows the history of DL and why walt went to Florida.
    That has nothing to do whith the fact that a decision was made to build a parking lot on what was previously designated as space for a third gate, and not jumping on land purchase opportunities that HAVE been available.

  9. #84

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Im hoping that when Universal Hollywood is done with their expansion and Potter addition, that we can then use Universal as the third gate to make a week long vacation worth while.
    But then I think, gosh, Disney could be cashing in on that.

  10. #85

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Everyone knows the history of DL and why walt went to Florida.
    That has nothing to do whith the fact that a decision was made to build a parking lot on what was previously designated as space for a third gate, and not jumping on land purchase opportunities that HAVE been available.
    We do not know for sure about a third park going there. It is only a rumor right now.

  11. #86

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Im hoping that when Universal Hollywood is done with their expansion and Potter addition, that we can then use Universal as the third gate to make a week long vacation worth while.
    But then I think, gosh, Disney could be cashing in on that.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  12. #87

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    WorldDisney I get what you are saying, however, for me, it isn't about competing with regional parks. It's about becoming a resort that people from anywhere in the world could legitimately plan there week long vacation to visit.
    For me, this is very possible to achieve but Disney doesn't seem to have the heart for it.
    No offense, but I think its safe to say they have done that, right? THat was the entire point of DCA 2.0, to expand the park and bring in more tourist worldwide and considering my own friends from various countries came just to see it last year is doing its job. For 45 years, it was JUST DL and the DLH hotel. Now there is DCA, DTD, 3 hotels and obviously DL and that expansion was just a dozen years ago. Yeah DCA sucked for a long time, but they have fixed it to the point not only does it feel like a real Disney park, they have expanded it where it now feels like a full day park. In fact you can argue DCA has way more to do than most of the second gate parks at WDW. Its a no-brainer for WDSP. There is quite a bit to do there for a park that is only 12 years old.

    I know you probably are referring to a third gate but even if DCA was wildly sucessful, its still doubtful there would be a third gate now. Look at Tokyo. TDS is wildly sucessful and TDL is one of the most visited theme parks on the planet but there is still not a third gate built there today. Probably because there just isnt the room and because they still want to build what they did with TDS. I see the same issue at DLR.

    And not every Disney resort needs to be a 1-2 week affair. ONE of the reasons why I only been to WDW twice and multiple times at the others is besides the fact I have to spend so much more time and money to see it all, for me after the 3-4 straight day of Disney I'm ready to put a gun to my head!

    I like the fact I can do everything there in 3 or 4 days tops. WDW is great, but there is just too many other things in the world I rather spend 1 or 2 weeks doing. And what I love about the other resorts is they are all in major metropolis cities so you can spend a week doing a few days at Disney and then a few days seeing other parts of L.A., Hong Kong, Paris, Tokyo etc. Of course thats why DCA was built to cut that idea down for tourists, but really, do you really wanted to see the fake, out of scale and tiny version of the Golden Gate Bridge or ride over the real thing?

    A third park may happen someday but I think its better they make DCA as best as they can be first instead of just making multiple half day parks like WDW did.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 03-30-2013 at 04:04 PM.

  13. #88

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    I get that, but what you hear from people in Texas where I live, is WDW is SOOO much better than DL and there just isn't enough to do at DL. Alot of that is word of mouth, buts it is still out there and started by people who have been. You can say that the parks at WDW are half day experiences, but they do provide variety of experiences.
    additionally, one of my biggest gripes about DLR is a lack of non park experiences. I never go to a park more than I say in a row and love enjoying my resort or other activities. I am just shocked at no Resort Hotel additions or DTD. Even more than the lack of plans for further DCA or DL expansion.

  14. #89

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I get that, but what you hear from people in Texas where I live, is WDW is SOOO much better than DL and there just isn't enough to do at DL. Alot of that is word of mouth, buts it is still out there and started by people who have been. You can say that the parks at WDW are half day experiences, but they do provide variety of experiences.
    additionally, one of my biggest gripes about DLR is a lack of non park experiences. I never go to a park more than I say in a row and love enjoying my resort or other activities. I am just shocked at no Resort Hotel additions or DTD. Even more than the lack of plans for further DCA or DL expansion.
    I get what you are saying, but lets be honest, there is nothing else like WDW on the planet, right? If you dont count the other Disney resorts, what would you say come in second with that kind of grand experience anywhere? USO? I think thats really about it lol.

    WDW is really its own monster. No other Disney resort comes close to that and I dont think they are meant to. Sure I would like more at DLR: Another park, an expanded DTD with more entertainment options like bowling, night clubs, etc. I always thought a water park at the resort made sense to break up the theme park hopping, but these things take time. I think Disney likes the 2 park, hotels and DTD model with a variation of it worldwide and its easier to maintain. And when the economy slumps, take a guess which resort suffers the most? I mean they had to offer free meals during guest entire stays to get people in those hotels last few years. You will never see anything like that at DLR for a reason.

    But yeah I do like WDW because you never have to do a single park and oddly can get a full day exprience. That is pretty cool, but its really the exception to the rule. I do see DLR adding another park, but that could be 10-20 years down the road.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 03-30-2013 at 04:37 PM.

  15. #90

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,626

    Re: Iron Man Takes over Innoventions!...sort of

    I think it;s better than what's there now. Hopefully this is a gateway to something better!!! I'll check it out but i'd rather have a full blown attraction replace innoventions.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions
    By Right Ear in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 466
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 08:18 PM
  2. [Fun] Idea: ElecTRONica takes over Innoventions
    By MikkiandtheMouse in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
  3. [News] D23 takes over One Man's Dream
    By Dustysage in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 04:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •