Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MaliBOOMer

Emailed Disneyland on Indiana Jones

So, I have an interesting story here. I'm currently on a trip to Disneyland. Day 4 of 5. Anyway before my trip I posted a thread asking about the doors on Indiana Jones. I was informed they were stuck open. So a day before our trip I sent Disneyland an email politely expressing my concern and dissatisfaction about this.
    For the first two days (Sunday,Monday) the doors were indeed stuck open. Tuesday while at knotts I get this email.

"We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us
    regarding the doors leading to The Temple of the Forbidden Eye in
    Indiana Jones Adventure. As you are aware, our goal is to provide the
    finest service and accommodations. Please be assured we take your
    comments very seriously. Your remarks have been forwarded to the
    necessary leadership team so they are aware of your feedback."

Seems like a generic enough response. However when we got on the ride the next day (yesterday: Wednesday) the doors worked. And they worked throughout the whole day over the four times we rode. Two right near midnight.
    What to you guys think? It would be quite a coincidence, though I have trouble believing my one email made a difference. It makes a cool story.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

Re: Emailed Disneyland on Indiana Jones

It nice that they actually take guest's emails and remarks seriously. Nice story

You never know, sometimes the CMs assume that the higher-ups already know and don't report it, and other guests grump about it but don't send an email so the people who make things happen don't know. Your email might have spurned it to move up on the to-do list

• Parking Lot > DCA

Let's hope it did!

To be honest though, when the attraction is pumping this many people through it (all the spring breakers currently) things like this are bound to happen. I've been on the ride countless times since the refurb and during the off season and everything has worked perfectly. I think it's all just luck of the draw when the park is this busy.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    So, I have an interesting story here. I'm currently on a trip to Disneyland. Day 4 of 5. Anyway before my trip I posted a thread asking about the doors on Indiana Jones. I was informed they were stuck open. So a day before our trip I sent Disneyland an email politely expressing my concern and dissatisfaction about this.
    For the first two days (Sunday,Monday) the doors were indeed stuck open. Tuesday while at knotts I get this email.

"We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us
    regarding the doors leading to The Temple of the Forbidden Eye in
    Indiana Jones Adventure. As you are aware, our goal is to provide the
    finest service and accommodations. Please be assured we take your
    comments very seriously. Your remarks have been forwarded to the
    necessary leadership team so they are aware of your feedback."

Seems like a generic enough response. However when we got on the ride the next day (yesterday: Wednesday) the doors worked. And they worked throughout the whole day over the four times we rode. Two right near midnight.
    What to you guys think? It would be quite a coincidence, though I have trouble believing my one email made a difference. It makes a cool story.

Well, I just checked the email I got when I complained about City Hall no longer giving out the Gluten Free list. It is word for word the same as yours except you can substitute "regarding the fact that the gluten free lists will no longer be available" for the Indy verbiage in yours. But don't let that change your story! Lots of places (including my former workplace) used boilerplate language when responding to emails. Doesn't mean that no one ever really looked at them or never took corrective action based on an email.

Heck, maybe you DID get the doors fixed!! That will let me believe that my email will get the food allergy lists back! YES (fist pump), we gots the power to change things!!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

The doors has been working perfectly fine last week when I made two trips to Disneyland.

Most of the time Disney will tend to use this same generic response by replacing "the doors leading to The Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Indiana Jones Adventure" to a different situations.

I'm guessing, your message went to the Litter Box
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 03-28-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Sock Puppet

with as busy as it has been for spring break, i wouldn't be surprised if they just left the doors open to the temple, because the opening and closing every 30 seconds( or faster) might wear and tear on the doors. and i don't really see them being stuck open as a problem really. i never thought they actually read our emails,because i have gotten generic responses back..and IJ just went through a big refurb and i be surprised that the doors stopped working already.

• Rock Star Minion

You rode it four times in one day??
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I've gone on rides 4 times in one day before. If you like the ride and the lines are short enough to allow, go for it.

I've gotten the generic response email, too. Someone at least reads it long enough to know which bits to replace in the form-letter.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You rode it four times in one day??
    Single rider perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    with as busy as it has been for spring break, i wouldn't be surprised if they just left the doors open to the temple, because the opening and closing every 30 seconds( or faster) might wear and tear on the doors. and i don't really see them being stuck open as a problem really. i never thought they actually read our emails,because i have gotten generic responses back..and IJ just went through a big refurb and i be surprised that the doors stopped working already.
    The effect obviously looks much better when the door is working, however it's not life-ruining when it's in the open position. The worst part to me is seeing the transport in front of you in that room.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I've gone on rides 4 times in one day before. If you like the ride and the lines are short enough to allow, go for it.
    I'd have to be pretty committed to that attraction.
    Maybe last 30 minutes of the night, because the distance between attractions is too great, and time is scarce. And it would really have to thrill me every single time. Space Mountain. ToT. Screamin'. I did Screamin' twice, but only because we hit the single rider line. Son did it four or five times.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Selfie Expert

I rode Grizzly River Run (Rapids? I mess up the name every time) four times in a row without getting off. I'm all for riding your favorite ride over and over!!

Back to the topic, I say there is no harm in thinking your e-mail made a difference! Who knows if it did or didn't. Why not make it a positive and think you helped improve your favorite attraction?

Good job!!
    Last edited by KellyMcG86; 03-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I am an Indiana Jones Cast Member and allow me to explain the following. When certain show effect is not working (like the doors) maintenance is notified right away. Sometimes they could remain broken for days because they are waiting on the correct parts to replace the broken ones. Although I do believe it that they were already fixed by the time you sent the email, I was told by one of the big managers that sometimes, all it takes is one email or call from someone to give an extra push to fix the situation. Last summer before the refurb, the boulder room was not working at all. When the refurb happened, we expected the boulder room to be fixed, but when we opened back up, we the cast member along with the guest were upset to see that the boulder room did not get fixed. We knew the refurb was not to fix show effects, but seriously!!!! The biggest show effect of the attraction that all the guest talk about after they ride the attraction and you didnt think it was important to spend a little extra cash to fix it. It was not until after the holiday season, that it was fixed because we encouraged guest to go to city hall and send emails to express their disapointment what they experienced after waiting 3 months to be able to ride it again..... long story short... one email, CAN fix a problem.

as alway if you have a question for an attractions cast member, i work at Indiana Jones, Jungle, Thunder, Railroad... feel free to message me.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    I am an Indiana Jones Cast Member and allow me to explain the following. When certain show effect is not working (like the doors) maintenance is notified right away. Sometimes they could remain broken for days because they are waiting on the correct parts to replace the broken ones. Although I do believe it that they were already fixed by the time you sent the email, I was told by one of the big managers that sometimes, all it takes is one email or call from someone to give an extra push to fix the situation. Last summer before the refurb, the boulder room was not working at all. When the refurb happened, we expected the boulder room to be fixed, but when we opened back up, we the cast member along with the guest were upset to see that the boulder room did not get fixed. We knew the refurb was not to fix show effects, but seriously!!!! The biggest show effect of the attraction that all the guest talk about after they ride the attraction and you didnt think it was important to spend a little extra cash to fix it. It was not until after the holiday season, that it was fixed because we encouraged guest to go to city hall and send emails to express their disapointment what they experienced after waiting 3 months to be able to ride it again..... long story short... one email, CAN fix a problem.

as alway if you have a question for an attractions cast member, i work at Indiana Jones, Jungle, Thunder, Railroad... feel free to message me.
    This.
    While I have no inside information when it comes to Disneyland, I know that at my company one customer email can make a difference. Customers may not think anyone is actually going to read their email, but it really can go all the way to the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast