Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: "California Girls" playing in the Esplanade

My boyfriend will be super sad if they do. He knows the loop by heart! And whenever he hears that song, he always says, "I'm glad I can still hear this song in the esplanade."
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Banned User

I really like the instrumentals of Californian Girls, etc, they do impart a positive atmosphere, which I think was their job in Paradise Pier which still looks kinda grungy. The Esplanade needs some work, but looks a lot better that PP and the songs are a nice little plus, as opposed to the unenviable task of trying to make PP seems "wonderful".

Given that DCA still has a California theme in some areas, I think that the songs aren't noticed by most as being a relic of DCA 1.0. But there are other songs which could added to the mix that also impart a positive atmosphere, such as the "Life Could Be Dream" from the lighting ceremony, even 1920's jazz songs. There's something to be said for starting getting guests in the state of mind to experience 1920's BVS.

I'm good with "California Girls" in the music loop. It's Beach Boys, everybody knows it, and beach goes very well with the California theme. It's catchy, and it's cute.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I really like the instrumentals of Californian Girls, etc, they do impart a positive atmosphere, which I think was their job in Paradise Pier which still looks kinda grungy. The Esplanade needs some work, but looks a lot better that PP and the songs are a nice little plus, as opposed to the unenviable task of trying to make PP seems "wonderful".

Given that DCA still has a California theme in some areas, I think that the songs aren't noticed by most as being a relic of DCA 1.0. But there are other songs which could added to the mix that also impart a positive atmosphere, such as the "Life Could Be Dream" from the lighting ceremony, even 1920's jazz songs. There's something to be said for starting getting guests in the state of mind to experience 1920's BVS.

I agree that time specific music should be played on Buena Vista. Helps sell the area and time period. No ambiance like Disney ambiance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12