Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favourite part of the park and why?

Mine is the New Orleans/Frontierland/Critter Country area (and Main Street too). Something about that just seems so true to the theme and warm in my heart, I could literally walk around and pretend I were a citizen of the 1700-1800s all day.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Favourite part of the park and why?

The Hub, because you can just people watch. The Hub is one of the few places being designed and use properly and at Disneyland the crowds of people crossing the hub is a wonder sight.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I like the NOS too. Listening to the train and watching the ROA. The shopping esplanade area is themed well.

• Minion

The area from Adventureland through NOS to Critter Country, but also including Big Thunder.

My favorite rides and food are all in that area. Plus some dang good shopping and people watching. And while I'm at it, there is just something about the way the area is at dusk. I can't explain it, but the natural light as the sun sets plus the lights coming on, it's just so beautiful. Unfortunately, I'm just not a good photographer (minor hand tremors) so I can never catch it right. I have seen some beautiful photography of what I'm talking about here from others.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I love the River Front. It is so beautiful in that area.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Filmmaker

I love New Orleans Square, I love Main Street, I love Buena Vista Street, but for whatever reason, whenever I think of my favorite spot in Disneyland my mind always goes to the area of the park between Fowler's Harbor and the Hungry Bear.

There's just something really nice and serene about that spot. It's sort of out of the way, and you can just soak up the atmosphere of the river while also enjoying the sight of people emerging from the briar patch of Splash Mountain.

• i believe in faeries.

my favorite part is probably the first step past the turnstiles and officially into the park. I find there's always a spark of energy and excitement vibrating there... and I just sigh and feel like I've been welcomed home.

• Minion

Magnolia Park by the Haunted Mansion and Disneyland Railroad station. THat area is just calming with the jazz music playing in the background and the small fountain. Plus, my favorite ride - Haunted Mansion- is nearby.

• Nic

Snow White's Grotto - I love being in Fantasyland, close to Main Street, close to Tomorrowland, and right next to the castle all at once.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Evil is Sexy

I second the Snow White's grotto area. I also really like Magnolia Park.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Cove Bar Official Dj

i like looking at the calm little river between the tiki room and aladdin's oasis bridge... nice and calm

I second the fowlers to hungry bear area as being on the top of my list
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

The nook in New Orleans near the entrance to Club 33, with the stairs...somehow it feels as if I'm no longer in the park but just sitting quietly waiting for Walt to come home...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

•   

I love the entrance to the park, when you are looking at the flower Mickey and Main Street station and you realize "I'm in Disneyland! Yay!"

• Foolish Mortal

I also love the area between Fowlers and the Splash Mountain entrance. When I close my eyes and think of DL, that is where my mind goes. It is so relaxing, and easy to tune out all those around you and get caught up in the scenery.

For DCA, I'd have to say the area behind GRR, that pathway also evokes the same feelings for me.

While I love New Orleans Square and Fronteirland, my heart seems to rest in Tomorrowland (which seeing how much of a problem area of the park Tomorowland is; it speaks more of how much of a geek I am).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast