Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Characters you'd like to see return or debut

I remember those. But I hated them. The muppets should appear in puppet form

•   

I would love to see
    1-Anakin Skywalker
    2-Indiana Jones
    3-Simba
    4-Andy(toy story)
    5-Beast(ive seen him in shows just never seen him around the park to take pictures with)

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I would also like to see Jack Sparrow and miscellaneous walk around pirates return to Pirates Lair. The live entertainment that was there for the first year Pirates Lair was open was great and brought a lot of new life to a section of the park that had been systematically been killed by liability lawyers and poor maintenance practices, but now that all of that's gone it's hardly worth a trip over there any more.

I also thought about bringing back Indy, but I realized it would detract from the story of Indiana Jone Adventure. Indy's supposed to be lost inside the temple, but wait, he's right out front signing autographs!
    I didn't know there ever was an Indy Meet and Greet!! I would LOVE THAT!

I also would love to see more of the villains, rather than just at the Halloween Party.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

The entire Hunchback cast- Frollo, Esmeralda, Clopin, and Quasimodo- they are underrated characters that deserve more representation in the park.

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Quote Originally Posted by asianway View Post
    Someone on Dis just posted that they heard this is next week and that the Pocahontas and Tarzan groups were winners. Id think they would have more than two though...

With all the DL insiders here, surely someone knows as CM schedules are out already....anyone anyone?
    I can't believe it be these two groups that will be out. Come on there are more famous characters then these groups. Robin Hood's group,Scooger and even Big Bad Wolf and the 3 good fairies come on.

Okay, I admit I'd love to see the Octonauts!

Name:  299106_10151513640284589_1579962911_n.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  179.2 KB

(This was at the White House Easter Egg Hunt this year)

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I didn't know there ever was an Indy Meet and Greet!! I would LOVE THAT!

I also would love to see more of the villains, rather than just at the Halloween Party.
    I met Indiana Jones and Marion at Hollywood Studios in WDW this past December. It was after the Indina Jones Stunt Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Unless Amy changes her mine you will never see Giselle in the parks ever but the contrack she did that she dosen't want her likeness at the park even tho it's not her the character was Amy and doesn't want it around or she will sue Disney for her likeness at the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    Disneyland Park Update (Disneyland Resort Update) by MousePlanet Staff

Flickriver: Most interesting photos tagged with princessgiselle

True and untrue,She was in the parks back in 2007. they didn't make her a "true" princess because they would of had to pay her royalties/rights in using her likeness. But she was around briefly when they were promoting the movie.
    The Amy Adams contract/royalty thing is a complete myth. Just as Johnny Depp doesn't own his likeness as Captain Jack Sparrow, Amy Adams doesn't own her likeness as Giselle. Disney owns the character free and clear, and would NEVER allow an actor to have a financial stake in their character.

Giselle appeared in Disneyland daily in her pre-parade for months and appeared for meet-n-greets at the El Capitan Theater after showings of her movie. If she had never appeared at all, the contract myth might be plausible. This one is right up there with the hat at DHS covering the Chinese Theater because of "rights issues." If there was a rights issue with the Chinese Theater, it would be demolished.

The parks deemed the GINORMOUS dress too unwieldy and dangerous (as in, performers could get injured wearing it - this is also why she sat in a carriage for her pre-parade rather than stand on a float) for daily use. Compound that with Disney Consumer Products' decision to not add Giselle to the Disney Princess line, and that's why you never see Giselle. The film did not cement itself as a classic and guest recognition of her would be very low. It's highly unlikely we'll ever see the character again.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I would also like to see Jack Sparrow and miscellaneous walk around pirates return to Pirates Lair. The live entertainment that was there for the first year Pirates Lair was open was great and brought a lot of new life to a section of the park that had been systematically been killed by liability lawyers and poor maintenance practices, but now that all of that's gone it's hardly worth a trip over there any more.
    There is still Piratical live entertainment in the park sir! The ("world famous") Bootstrappers pirate band. They play out and about in New Orleans Square M-F. Sometimes they go over to TSI for a set or sometimes just play on the raft and back.

• formerly very helpful

Gurgi
    Princess Eilonowy (sp?)

• formerly very helpful

And while it's on my mind, the Headless Horseman. (maybe only at night)

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by iamdisneysgirl View Post
    I met Indiana Jones and Marion at Hollywood Studios in WDW this past December. It was after the Indina Jones Stunt Show.
    Oooohhh okay that makes sense that they would be in WDW after the show. Thanks for the info!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I can't believe it be these two groups that will be out. Come on there are more famous characters then these groups. Robin Hood's group,Scooger and even Big Bad Wolf and the 3 good fairies come on.
    The poster, who is hearing second hand, is now saying it will start on the 11th and Pocahontas group, Pig unit, Hunchback group, and Ping & Mushu.

Im very surprised Robin Hood didnt win, that was the longest line at the WDW event.

Im sure someone here also has to be hearing whispers?

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Quote Originally Posted by asianway View Post
    The poster, who is hearing second hand, is now saying it will start on the 11th and Pocahontas group, Pig unit, Hunchback group, and Ping & Mushu.

Im very surprised Robin Hood didnt win, that was the longest line at the WDW event.

Im sure someone here also has to be hearing whispers?
    A friend of mine has send me the same character list but not the date. I can't see it beeing on a the 11th send that is on a Thursday. From these Limit time events they start on a Monday and end on a Sunday. I hope it starts next monday but if so we should of hear about it now.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ZomBats View Post
    There is still Piratical live entertainment in the park sir! The ("world famous") Bootstrappers pirate band. They play out and about in New Orleans Square M-F. Sometimes they go over to TSI for a set or sometimes just play on the raft and back.
    Oh yes, I still adore the Bootstrappers, I'm just sad that for the most part they've been marooned on the mainland. *sigh*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast