Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Characters you'd like to see return or debut

Seeing how much everyone loved to see Roger and Carl Return, I started thinking about characters i'd like to see make frequent meet and greets at disneyland

Return:
    Atlantis characters
    Tarzan and Jane
    Hercules and Meg
    Abu
    Indiana Jones

Debut:
    Victor Frankenstien and Frankenweenie
    Tron characters
    Marvel characters
    Simba
    Jessica Rabbit

What characters you'd like to see return and/or debut

• Selfie Expert

Re: Characters you'd like to see return or debut

I would LOVE for Carl to return! His costume was spot-on, like he just walked out of the movie screen. Plus I just adore his character.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Filmmaker

I'd like to see Roger Rabbit and Carl Fredrickson back in regular circulation as each have really natural places in the parks for Meet and Greets yet they're rarely around to use them.

I agree with that Marvel characters and TRON characters would be a fun addition, but currently there's no where that makes sense to put them (when and if the Stark Expo attraction ever opens up in Tomorrowland that will change). As for Jessica Rabbit, that one is slightly... how shall I say- problematic?

There's the issue of finding actors with the appropriate, er- figure, and if you can manage to overcome that hurdle than I imagine there would be frequent issues with sexual harassment from guests. As fun as it'd be to see both Roger and Jessica, the latter seems like it'd be more trouble than it's worth.

• Queen Elsa

Simba would hard to do as a meet and greet character so that is why they don't have him out. For me who I like to see out all the time is the Blue Fairy they can put her by the castle like they do with the Fairy Godmother. The other I would like to see out very day is Step Sisters and Lady Termine send there the biggest hit out of all the characters in Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I'd like to see Roger Rabbit and Carl Fredrickson back in regular circulation as each have really natural places in the parks for Meet and Greets yet they're rarely around to use them.

I agree with that Marvel characters and TRON characters would be a fun addition, but currently there's no where that makes sense to put them (when and if the Stark Expo attraction ever opens up in Tomorrowland that will change). As for Jessica Rabbit, that one is slightly... how shall I say- problematic?

There's the issue of finding actors with the appropriate, er- figure, and if you can manage to overcome that hurdle than I imagine there would be frequent issues with sexual harassment from guests. As fun as it'd be to see both Roger and Jessica, the latter seems like it'd be more trouble than it's worth.
    I was thinking they could maybe change her dress maybe close the slit up a bit? I don't think the sexual harassment thing would be an issue to much...If Universal can do Betty Boop without too much trouble, then i think they could do Jessica Rabbit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Simba would hard to do as a meet and greet character so that is why they don't have him out. For me who I like to see out all the time is the Blue Fairy they can put her by the castle like they do with the Fairy Godmother. The other I would like to see out very day is Step Sisters and Lady Termine send there the biggest hit out of all the characters in Disneyland.
    Yea he would, but it would be really cool to see him. I was thinking they could do an animatronic meet and greet similar to Lucky the Dinosaur. They could also have a meet and greet area set up and have a puppeteer do him similar to this

Saber-toothed cat struts down Wilshre, and comes home to the Tarpits! - YouTube

• Queen Elsa

To me the animatronic characters don't have the same filling to me as walk around characters to me they don't have the same movements like how Pluto or Cinderella or Chip and Dale do. So I wouldn't want any animatronic characters walking around.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    To me the animatronic characters don't have the same filling to me as walk around characters to me they don't have the same movements like how Pluto or Cinderella or Chip and Dale do. So I wouldn't want any animatronic characters walking around.
    So do you not like the meet and greets in carsland? To me, it shows that it can be done well, although perhaps it's because it's a car instead of a lion, but still...

• I'm from Canada eh!

I'd like to see some old favorites from the disney TV cartoons like Darkwing, launchpad and Scrooge. Roger and Jessica Rabbit would be nice too, but I can see why the later would be a tough sell.

I'd also like to see some more Star Wars and Marvel Characters provided that they do not look cheep.

I would like to see Yoda and Darth Vader around as regulars. (Save everyone else for SWW.

A couple of Stich's cousins would be cool (Angel, Rueben, and Sparky)

Mira Nova (from the Buzz Lightyear show) she can change the tone so that TLand doesn't seem toy based.

Tron

Kida (Atlantis) she was just really cool. But not the same costume she used for the parks before.

Pumbaa( animatronic/puppet) easier to give a reason behind than simba. Pumbaa could have just gotten sttuck in a log or something.

Muppets. Not entirely sure how this can be achieved.

• Filmmaker

I would also like to see Jack Sparrow and miscellaneous walk around pirates return to Pirates Lair. The live entertainment that was there for the first year Pirates Lair was open was great and brought a lot of new life to a section of the park that had been systematically been killed by liability lawyers and poor maintenance practices, but now that all of that's gone it's hardly worth a trip over there any more.

I also thought about bringing back Indy, but I realized it would detract from the story of Indiana Jone Adventure. Indy's supposed to be lost inside the temple, but wait, he's right out front signing autographs!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    I would also like to see Jack Sparrow and miscellaneous walk around pirates return to Pirates Lair. The live entertainment that was there for the first year Pirates Lair was open was great and brought a lot of new life to a section of the park that had been systematically been killed by liability lawyers and poor maintenance practices, but now that all of that's gone it's hardly worth a trip over there any more.

I also thought about bringing back Indy, but I realized it would detract from the story of Indiana Jone Adventure. Indy's supposed to be lost inside the temple, but wait, he's right out front signing autographs!
    Good point. But under that logic, you shouldn't be able to meet Captain Jack, the Toys, Mike and Sulley, etc

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    Good point. But under that logic, you shouldn't be able to meet Captain Jack, the Toys, Mike and Sulley, etc
    The difference, though, is that while the characters appear in those rides, they're not trapped in those rides per the story of the ride/area.

The majority of the real estate in Adventureland is designed to reinforce the story of Indiana Jones Adventure and Indy walking around greeting guests would undermine that effort.

• Evil is Sexy

I'd like to see more villians around. Maleficent out for more than Halloween. Jafar (and animatronic Iago, like how they do the trashcans, maybe), Frollo, Dr. Facilier, Hades, Gaston, Foulfeather and Gideon, Madame Mim, Mother Gothel, Ursula (in a stationary grotto setting.)
    And other heros and heroines we don't usually get to see: Pochahontas, Mulan, Robin Hood, Hunchback, Herc and Meg, Merlin... etc. There are plenty of places to have them appear and many people who would be willing to play these parts.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    So do you not like the meet and greets in carsland? To me, it shows that it can be done well, although perhaps it's because it's a car instead of a lion, but still...

Right I don't like it either that's why I haven't taken any photos of them.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast