Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Easter Sunday at DLR (lots of pictures) 3/31/13

We made some friends at the French Market:

Then headed to one of my favorite rides - The Haunted Mansion

When I'm bored in line, I tend to take a lot of pictures of random things.

And inside, I used my phone because I put everything else away:

Then we headed to Fantasyland so I could mark a few more things off of my To Do List.

First, we got in line for the Storybookland Canals

And I noticed a duck on the monorail track

Crazy duck.

And since the line was longer than I expected and INCREDIBLY claustrophobic, I again passed the time taking random pictures.

And there was this mama duck with a group of babies!

Which made me wonder if that was their daddy on the track. I mean, if I had that many babies running around, I might stand on the monorail track, too. (Kidding!!!)

Back to the ride. After maybe 20-25 minutes, we were packing into a boat full of parents holding small children. Then we were sent off to be swallowed up by Monstro.

I entertained myself with taking more pictures, as there's not really much else to do on this ride. The operator of the boat was indeed speaking, but I could hear nothing over the overly loud Spanish being spoken around me and screaming children. (No, I have nothing against speaking Spanish, that just happens to be what was being spoken. Loudly.)

I thought the miniatures were neat, and was impressed with the foliage. However, I would not rush to ride this again. I'm glad I did it once.

Next we went to Casey Jr.'s Circus Train. This is another ride neither of us had ever done, and in fact we didn't even know where the entrance was for it. We eventually found it, and it's in kind of an awkward area. We had an especially long wait for this ride (I'd expect a 5-10 minute wait for this ride...) of 30-35 minutes. A train's mic had apparently broken, decreasing the load speed. Thanks to the long wait, you all get to enjoy my excessive amount of pictures taken while waiting.

I had fun looking for "Mickeys" in the flowers

Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with these pink trees?

Seriously. Obsessed.

They have neat lamps for this attraction. I'm always amazed at the light fixtures in the park.

Finally, our train has arrived!

We tried to get the caboose, as we were the second party in line. Unfortunately the family in front of us took it. Oh well!

Another ride I'm happy to have ridden once, and I won't be rushing back to do it again. It's off the To Do List!

I'll end this segment with a random shot of the Matterhorn (the sky was SO pretty!).

Next up, I get some advice from Shrunken Ned, and am granted a special privilege from a very well known CM.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I can't wait for more! Thanks for the report. Next trip I want to try Casey Jr. Just where was the entrance? Thanks in advance.

​Taking pictures is a great way to pass the time! Thanks for sharing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I can't wait for more! Thanks for the report. Next trip I want to try Casey Jr. Just where was the entrance? Thanks in advance.
    Thank you! The entrance is to the left of Dumbo (if you're walking from the castle toward Dumbo). You'll see the gates for it, there's a little eating area with tables across from Village Haus that are elevated a step or two. We walked up those steps to get to the entrance of the queue. I'm not sure if there's another way, but it sure seemed kind of hidden to me!

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    ​Taking pictures is a great way to pass the time! Thanks for sharing.
    I agree! Sometimes I manage to get a few good ones. I really should take the time to really learn my SLR, but in the mean time it's fun for me. Thank you!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Flying is awesome. It makes short trips like this possible! Otherwise it's a 5-6 hour drive each way, so it's not worth it for a one-day trip.
    Ugh, yes, it is a long drive. We live in Tucson and it takes us 7-8 hrs. We always stop in Quartzite for a bit to eat and to refuel. We've flown a couple times but we can drive for less than $200 in gas and it is hard to find good airfare prices from Tucson anymore. However, we are considering flying in May if we do the Gumball Rally.

The rice dish from French Market looks pretty good. I've not been a fan of FM's food in the past but that dish looks tempting.

I first rode Casey Jr. 6 yrs. ago when my daughter was a toddler and we were looking for more things for her to do. I actually really enjoyed it and thought, as far as Fantasyland rides go, it was a fast and fun ride with nice scenery. The caboose is the best . We still ride it every now and then if the line is short. The Storybookland canal ride, on the other hand, always leaves me feeling drowsy and like I've wasted a large chunk of time. We avoid that one.

Looking forward to more trip report!

Loving this trip report so far! Especially the breaks in between photo sets, it builds the suspense. haha

• Evil is Sexy

Heh, my husband loves the Storybook boat ride. I don't mind it too much either. We usually sit near the CM and ad lib with them. It's a nice, relaxing few minutes with some really well done miniature sculptures. We also like to stop and look to see if "Flora" is out on the canal. She is one of the boats with a hidden mickey in her flower design.

* Our favorite thing to do I express concern about the giant killer ducks storming Kensington Park (the little island with the peter pan statue.)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Ugh, yes, it is a long drive. We live in Tucson and it takes us 7-8 hrs. We always stop in Quartzite for a bit to eat and to refuel. We've flown a couple times but we can drive for less than $200 in gas and it is hard to find good airfare prices from Tucson anymore. However, we are considering flying in May if we do the Gumball Rally.

The rice dish from French Market looks pretty good. I've not been a fan of FM's food in the past but that dish looks tempting.

I first rode Casey Jr. 6 yrs. ago when my daughter was a toddler and we were looking for more things for her to do. I actually really enjoyed it and thought, as far as Fantasyland rides go, it was a fast and fun ride with nice scenery. The caboose is the best . We still ride it every now and then if the line is short. The Storybookland canal ride, on the other hand, always leaves me feeling drowsy and like I've wasted a large chunk of time. We avoid that one.

Looking forward to more trip report!
    I don't know if I could stand making that long of a drive. MAYBE because it ends with Disneyland... MAYBE. I'm not good with road trips. The only reason we fly is because it's free. Otherwise I couldn't easily justify the cost, especially if it was more than just the two of us. However, avoiding an 8 hour drive would make it much easier to justify in my opinion haha

The red beans and rice were really good!! Lots of flavor and spice, and a huge portion. I'd highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing.

I would consider doing Casey Jr and Storybook again if I had kiddos with me. They're perfect for them!

Quote Originally Posted by jacquemeetsworld View Post
    Loving this trip report so far! Especially the breaks in between photo sets, it builds the suspense. haha
    Haha I'm glad you're enjoying it! I didn't used to break it up, but I've found it is a lot easier for me, and I think it's easier to scroll through instead of one giant one. Plus I don't feel as bad using so many pictures when they're over a few different parts. I tend to take far too many pictures lol

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Heh, my husband loves the Storybook boat ride. I don't mind it too much either. We usually sit near the CM and ad lib with them. It's a nice, relaxing few minutes with some really well done miniature sculptures. We also like to stop and look to see if "Flora" is out on the canal. She is one of the boats with a hidden mickey in her flower design.

* Our favorite thing to do I express concern about the giant killer ducks storming Kensington Park (the little island with the peter pan statue.)
    I've never heard of Flora!! YES I love learning new things like that. Thanks! I would enjoy the boats more if I weren't crammed in there with a bunch of babies. I'm not a mom and haven't earned my patience with them yet lol

Hahaha the mama duck had her babies on that little island! We were joking about "Godzilla duck" and such amongst ourselves.

Well, I was planning to do another update today, but I have to get some sleep to prepare for the start of my overnight shifts tonight. I'll try and get one up tomorrow after I get home before I go to sleep. Thank you to those of you who have been following along so far!!

Public gardens are great places to experiment with your camera, and learn what it does. The flowers hold still and don't mind if you take 100 pictures of them! Adjust everything, take a series of shots, and see how they turn out. Read a book, most of them have a section on the basics, before they branch out into whatever their focus is for that book.

SLRs seem intimidating at first, but once you start learning what they do, it gets simpler. You find the controls that you personally like to use, and you can sort of ignore some of the rest.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Last trip the Kids and I took a night time ride on th train. It is really one of those once every few years ride...

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Public gardens are great places to experiment with your camera, and learn what it does. The flowers hold still and don't mind if you take 100 pictures of them! Adjust everything, take a series of shots, and see how they turn out. Read a book, most of them have a section on the basics, before they branch out into whatever their focus is for that book.

SLRs seem intimidating at first, but once you start learning what they do, it gets simpler. You find the controls that you personally like to use, and you can sort of ignore some of the rest.
    I need to learn about ISO and such, too. One of these days I'll get focused and teach myself. Flowers definitely sounds like a great subject to start with. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Last trip the Kids and I took a night time ride on th train. It is really one of those once every few years ride...
    Maybe I'll try it again in a few years.

I'd give it another shot for a night time ride, though. Especially if I could get the caboose!

• New Member Goes Forth

Fantastic trip report, thamks for sharing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

schweet!
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Fantastic trip report, thamks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    schweet!
    Thanks!

Great pictures, you got some lovely shots of the trees and flowers. In all the times I've been to Disneyland, I've never ridden the Casey Junior or the Storybook Canal boots, I'm definitly going to ride them the next time I go. I've never even seen the entrances before, which is probably why. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast