Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Easter Sunday at DLR (lots of pictures) 3/31/13

I was told on my To Do List thread to seek out Shrunken Ned for some advice. I found him in the Adventureland Bazaar, paid my $0.50, and placed my palm as instructed and awaited his words of wisdom.

After being told I have some odd disease, Shrunken Ned printed a prescription for me.

I found this especially amusing since I'm a pharmacist. Here's a closer look at the front and back:

From there, we grabbed a couple of Fast Passes for Indiana Jones then headed to the Tiki Room to catch the show.

Now, I've had a Dole Whip soft serve thing before, but never a Dole Whip Float. I decided to give it a try, especially since I'd never enjoyed a Dole Whip product while in the Tiki Room.

I had time to kill again, as the line made me miss the first showing that we were there for. So, you guessed it, I took pictures in the queue area.

I have never actually waited for the Tiki Room before, so I had never seen the little show the god statues put on before the doors open. It was cute!

I finally received my Dole Whip Float, and headed inside with the hubs to pick our seats when the doors opened.

I walked back out of the doors after getting a pep talk from my husband to go ask the CM about waking up the Tiki Room birds. I had learned from MC that guests can sometimes wake up Jose at the beginning of the show, and I REALLY wanted to do this. However, I hate asking for stuff, but my husband told me to give it a shot. The female CM she was doing the show and yes, I could wake the birds. I was ecstatic and was waiting with her outside when I saw a CM walk into the area who looked vaguely familiar.

I had heard of him on multiple fan sites, and had seen a picture of two. I read his nametag to confirm that it was who I thought it was, and as soon as I read it, I screamed out his name:

Maynard!! So I asked him for the above photo, then asked if he would be doing the show. He said he was just about to clock in so he wasn't sure. I told him I had always wanted to see him do the show. Well, it was my lucky day because Maynard ended up doing the show AND had me wake up Jose.

I don't know if this duty is performed differently between CMs, but my role was to walk up with Maynard for the introduction, and at the end of his spiel I was to yell, "WAKE UP, JOSE!".

I was giddy, to say the least.

On our way out of the show, Maynard pulled my husband and I aside so he could perform a portion of a script from a commercial he's doing a voice over for. We were interrupted by another guest so he didn't get to finish, but it sure was entertaining! I know not everyone is a fan of his antics, but he helped make my day incredibly special and I am so very grateful for that!

Stay tuned for what might be the last portion of my TR, where I get another special opportunity to mark another experience off of my To Do list!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    Great pictures, you got some lovely shots of the trees and flowers. In all the times I've been to Disneyland, I've never ridden the Casey Junior or the Storybook Canal boots, I'm definitly going to ride them the next time I go. I've never even seen the entrances before, which is probably why. Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you! I'm really happy with how some of those pictures turned out.

That's what I love about Disneyland - there's always something new to be done or seen!

• i believe in faeries.

I LOVE the prescription from shrunken ned! that is hilarious, I must remember to find him to diagnose me! great TR!

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    After being told I have some odd disease, Shrunken Ned printed a prescription for me.
    Were you afflicted with Schizo-Ditso? Or perhaps Mo-go On The Ga-go-go. No worries. A shrunken head wearing a monocle always knows the cure.

Glad you were able to wake up Jose and meet Maynard. Check and check from your list.
    ​ Yes

• I'm from Canada eh!

I saw Maynard's Tiki-room show too, IRRC it was the last show before the park closed at 12 and also our last day. He really is a great preformer. Good for you for being so outgoing too!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think Maynard is the best Tiki host ever! They should change the CM guidelines for that attraction to fit his speall.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Hukuna Matata!

That is too great. Very cute pictures of you two kids. What a trip.

• The doctor is in

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Awesome pictures!
    For the love of Disney....

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

You and your husband are too sweet! LOVING the pics with the hidden eggs. Looks like you both had a fabulous adventure!

P.S. OMG THE CHOCOLATE CAKE

P.P.S. Carl rocks!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Avaren View Post
    I LOVE the prescription from shrunken ned! that is hilarious, I must remember to find him to diagnose me! great TR!
    It's a nice little souvenir for 50 cents!! The things he said were amusing, too. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Were you afflicted with Schizo-Ditso? Or perhaps Mo-go On The Ga-go-go. No worries. A shrunken head wearing a monocle always knows the cure.

Glad you were able to wake up Jose and meet Maynard. Check and check from your list.
    If more doctors wore monocles, we would all be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I saw Maynard's Tiki-room show too, IRRC it was the last show before the park closed at 12 and also our last day. He really is a great preformer. Good for you for being so outgoing too!
    What a way to end your trip! And thank you. Outgoing isn't exactly my nature, especially when it's asking for favors lol

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think Maynard is the best Tiki host ever! They should change the CM guidelines for that attraction to fit his speall.
    He really adds something to the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    That is too great. Very cute pictures of you two kids. What a trip.
    Thanks, Josh!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
    Most definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
    Awesome pictures!
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post
    You and your husband are too sweet! LOVING the pics with the hidden eggs. Looks like you both had a fabulous adventure!

P.S. OMG THE CHOCOLATE CAKE

P.P.S. Carl rocks!
    I love me some chocolate cake. And churros. And pretzels. And pretty much everything else served at the park that doesn't qualify as healthy.

Carl DOES rock!! And thank you!! Glad you are enjoying the pictures!

• Mistress of Evil

Great report! I need to start making to do lists.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    Great report! I need to start making to do lists.
    It really added a whole new element to my trip!! So fun! And thank you!

• Selfie Expert

After the Tiki Room, we headed to Trader Sam's for a couple drinks.

On our way back, we decided to ask to ride in the front of the monorail. To my surprise, no one else had asked and we got to do it!

Cool keypad thing to get in.

I loved the views from the front.

Our pilot/operator (?) was really friendly, and happy to ask the million questions my husband asked him. I have a picture with him, but I'm not sure what the policy is on posting pictures on CMs? Anyway, the whole experience was really neat!!

After exiting the monorail, we walked by the face painting stands. I saw there was no wait, and excitedly told my husband I wanted my face painted!! I've always wanted to do it, now I could use my To Do List as an excuse.

As you can see, I was rather obsessed with my face painting. (Sorry to the lady in the background!)

I demanded a picture with my favorite trees, my favorite person, and my face painting.

Well, I think I'll have one more update for this trip when I get a chance! Here's another picture of flowers to hold you over for now.

• i believe in faeries.

I love ur face paint!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast