Annual passport renewal

I have just renewed my annual passport and it comes in the mail on April 11, 2013. My old passport expires on April 7, 2013. Can I still use this one until April 7 or do I have to wait until the new one arrives on April 11 in the mail?

Re: Annual passport renewal

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDisney View Post
    I have just renewed my annual passport and it comes in the mail on April 11, 2013. My old passport expires on April 7, 2013. Can I still use this one until April 7 or do I have to wait until the new one arrives on April 11 in the mail?
    Your pass that expires on the 7th has been voided. If you were to visit the park today, your pass would not work. You have to wait until your new pass arrives or go to a ticket booth to see what they can do for you.

This happened to me last year. Take your current pass to a ticket booth and explain that you renewed online and haven't received your new card. You'll be issued a day pass.

No problem. I had this happen to me a few times. They void your current pass until you get a new one. Just go to the ticket booth show them your "old" pass and they will issue a pass for the day. You will still need your "old" pass though for discounts throughout the park. It is annoying, but not worth making a big deal about it since they will get you a pass for the day without any hassles, other than waiting. (but it is Disneyland so you will spend in time in lines all day anyway)

• I am number 4 of 999

Hopefully this will no longer be an issue going forward since the date is no longer printed on the pass. When this happened to me last year, the cast member in the booth said something like they "may or may not let you in with the old pass" and I was like, "MAY let me in"? I paid for 365 days of entry there is no "MAY"." I really hate how they handle renewals.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

This happened to me last year and this year. If the expiration date is 30 days in the future, I don't understand why Disneyland voids the old pass once you renew.

Without this information, you end up standing in three separate lines to get into the park. Only because you renewed online. Is this good service ?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    Hopefully this will no longer be an issue going forward since the date is no longer printed on the pass. When this happened to me last year, the cast member in the booth said something like they "may or may not let you in with the old pass" and I was like, "MAY let me in"? I paid for 365 days of entry there is no "MAY"." I really hate how they handle renewals.
    Yeah this is what I was told when I got the new annual pass in December... You will keep the pass that they issue you after you renew. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that if you get the premium pass they print a Disney D on the back of your card... I wonder if they will issue you a new pass if you downgrade when you renew.

It is in your best interest, right now, to renew as soon as you can because the price increases will be coming up soon. No telling when Disneyland will make the price increases effective. You can renew as much as 30 days before your pass expires.
    I am guessing the Premium will go to $699 per year.

^ You can renew up to 40 days before and 30 days after your AP expiration date.

My old ap card would usually work all the way through the expiration date, the only problem I used to encounter was not receiving my new card before my new start date (for example let's say my pass expired Jan 31 and my new pass starts Feb 1, I wouldn't receive my new pass in the mail until Feb 5, and I happen to visit the part on Feb 3) so I would just visit the ticket booth and they didn't even issue me a day pass, they created an entire new card for me on the spot and voided the one still being sent in the mail. I just renewed my pass a week and a half ago (my first time doing so at an actual ticket booth, I usually do it online) before it expires on April 4th and was issued the newer pass with the disney 'D' on the back. The cast member again told me my old pass would still be in effect through the expiration date and that my newer pass would take effect on the 5th. Not sure if they just have an inconsistent system or what but I figured I'd report on it anyway.
    Last edited by jacquemeetsworld; 04-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.

I think the dates they gave you to receive the pass may be a little conservative. I renewed my pass online on Saturday (3/30) morning. I believe that the website said the new passes would arrive on April 12th or something like that. They actually came in the mail today (Wednesday, 4/3).

Can anyone confirm (or deny, I suppose) that I can get a voucher from the Disney store for an AP now (at current AP prices) but not activate it until later in the year (e.g. when my current one expires)? I heard this is possible to get an AP at the pre-(anticipated) price increases.