Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Does this mean the subs are here to stay? (Finding Nemo Sequel Confirmed)

Name:  Finding-Nemo-sequel-is-called-Finding-Dory.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  24.7 KB

Super excited for the film! Anyone think the subs could get a makeover?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Does this mean the subs are here to stay? (Finding Nemo Sequel Confirmed)

• Minion

Due to the film partially taking place on the California coast, I could see them removing the nemo theme from the subs and putting a nemo attraction in DCA. Not that I want a nemo ride in DCA, but I'd like that much better over the subs in TL

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's expensive as all hell to operate where it's at, physically reconstructing it in DCA is never going to happen.

• Minion

Not saying to reconstruct it in DCA. I'm saying a completely different attraction in DCA for those who like the film, and a new theme for the subs in DL

• Banned User

Not going to happen. Im 40 and i would put good money down that I will be gone before the nemo subs.
    Nemo is now one of Disneys most iconic properties and stories. it will most likely eventually get passed the somewhat baffling animosity towards it from passholders and someday be a nostalgic attraction.
    can you imagine if they built Snow White, Peter pan or Small World now.
    Partly it suffers from the fact that it is the only new attraction to the park in years. Once other e-tickets are added, I think people will become more ok with it and even appreciate the scenery and kinetic energy in provides, lacking at Magic kingdom.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Not going to happen. Im 40 and i would put good money down that I will be gone before the nemo subs.
    Nemo is now one of Disneys most iconic properties and stories. it will most likely eventually get passed the somewhat baffling animosity towards it from passholders and someday be a nostalgic attraction.
    Partly it suffers from the fact that it is the only new attraction to the park in years. Once other e-tickets are added, I think people will become more ok with it and even appreciate the scenery and kinetic energy in provides, lacking at Magic kingdom.
    I think that some legitimately lament Nemo because Tomorrowland lost a lot of its pure science fiction attractions such as Adventure Thru Inner Space and Nemo is more Fantasyland than Tomorrowland. Even though the subs still has much of the same feel, exploration takes the backseat to the Nemo story. Personally, I like the new Nemo subs as it has a whimsical/easy going quality that I prefer to the old ride, but that's just me.

If they do a third gate, I can see a Westcot type theme working out as they could theme half the park to a Stark Expo, and perhaps put in some pure sci-fi rides like the old Living Seas ride in Epcot, and perhaps a Spaceship Earth/World of Motion ride that showcases the history of transportation, but with a different flavor than Epcot. Then they could then put in an Iron Man E-Ticket and it would make sense with the rest of the land.

I think Tomorrowland in Disneyland will forever be a land of science fantasy (versus science fiction) and will be home to the likes of Buzz Lightyear, Star Wars, generic space fantasy like Space Moutain, Nemo . . . even if Innoventions has an Iron Man attraction, it won't be the Future World that some fans want (at least as how I interpret their desires).

• Seasick

Tony Baxter has previously said that the subs aren't going anywhere. They spent a lot of money to refurbish and bring back the attraction, so expect to see it where it is for some time to come.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Unfortunately I feel that the future of Tomorrowland will include an upgrade to make the the subs Finding Dory Submarine Voyage. Disney will act like water on this one and take the path of least resistance and just do a make over of the submarines.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Unfortunately I feel that the future of Tomorrowland will include an upgrade to make the subs Finding Dory Submarine Voyage. Disney will act like water on this one and take the path of least resistance and just do a make over of the submarines.
    I agree. Although I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, I would think that Disney would jump at the chance to update this ride to promote the movie. Cars Land, anyone? It would also give them a "new ride" to promote in the Park as well. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Due to the film partially taking place on the California coast, I could see them removing the nemo theme from the subs and putting a nemo attraction in DCA. Not that I want a nemo ride in DCA, but I'd like that much better over the subs in TL
    This is actually a really interesting idea! A whole new ride in Paradise Pier, maybe? Then Autopia and Subs can be removed for expansion. I like it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No because unless they plan on starting the Subs before the move comes out then they can still put up Ads and what not before the film is out....then tear it down a year of two later
    But at this point we have to wait to hear what Disney is planning to do with the parks at D23 Expo considering we know nothing about what's coming to the parks after this summer

I've only been on the subs a few times in my life (thankfully in both configurations) and though it's never been on my "must do" list I like seeing the pretty body of water and "seascaping." That, more than anything, is what I'd miss if it were ripped out.

I sure hope you're right. While I'm not a fan of Nemo as a pure ride, I can't imagine a Disneyland without those subs going by in the lagoon. That corner of the park where Nemo, Autopia, The Monorail and the Matterhorn all intersect is pure Disney. It can't be replaced.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

You must not be expecting to live too long. From Al's last real post in February:

"The executive team is recalibrating when the big money gets spent in Walt Disney’s original magic kingdom and is pooling their resources to go after a big Tomorrowland overhaul that would open all at once in a grand Cars Land type reveal, rather than in bits and pieces over several years like the New Fantasyland project in WDW has been doing." source: Hello and Goodbye at Disneyland

For those saying Tony Baxter said they wouldn't, well, he's retired now. He can't guarantee anything. From Al's post last June:

"Now that John Lasseter got his wish list fulfilled with Cars Land, even as their biggest defender, he's acknowledging it might be time to retire the subs permanently. The huge amount of space they take up, with the Autopia freeways sitting on top of them and the adjacent Innoventions building amounts to almost 20% of the available land in the park. These proposed changes may also have prompted an end to the Chevron sponsorship of the Autopia this past week." source: Bon Voyage? Are the Subs history?

There's no saying anything for sure, Disney goes back on their plans ALL THE TIME.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast