Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Anaheim Is Planning To Build A Trolly System That Would Include Disneyland As A Stop

Source: Orange County Register

As the title indicates, Anaheim is planning to build a 3.2 miles in track length, $319 million trolley system that will travel to and from the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center or ARTIC, the Anaheim Convention Center, disneyland Resort and the Angel's stadium. ARTIC will also serve as a station for High Speed Rail HSR) transport Hopefully more will be done with an extended monorail system one of these days. Anaheim transportation Center. Many businesses are excited about the trolly system route likely increasing their property values and s[purring a new climate of business growth.

One intermitigating challenge is that a competing dedicated bus line could be built along the same route for a lower and more competitive cost of $55 million

For extensive information on the subject, I recommend that Micechatters also read and delve into the conveversation on the following thread: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort by California Adventurer.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-04-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim Is Planning To Build A Trolly System That Would Include Disneyland As A S

RideWarrior, we've known about this for months. We've discussed it on other threads. Why is it "NEWS" today?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim Is Planning To Build A Trolly System That Would Include Disneyland As A S

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Source: Orange County Register

The Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center is planning to build a $319 million streetcar / trolley system, with track that stretches for 3.2 miles. The course of travel would have the streetcars traveling down Katella while passing by the Angel's stadium, making a stop at disneyland (across I-5), then coming to an end at the Anaheim Convention Center. Many businesses are excited about the trolly system route likely increasing their property values and s[purring a new climate of business growth.

I'm thinking that the system would be expanded to the High Speed Rail depot area once (hopefully) HSR comes to
    Anaheim. Another intermitigating challenge is that a competing dedicated bus line could be built along the same route for a lower and more competitive cost of $55 million
    The Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center IS THE HSR Station. It's not OCTA, which is the agency that runs the county's bus fleet.

ARTIC is not building the line. The line is set to go from the ARTIC Station to Anaheim Convention Center. There's no "future expansion" necessary to connect to high speed rail.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    RideWarrior, we've known about this for months. We've discussed it on other threads. Why is it "NEWS" today?
    This is kind of Ride Warrior's M.O.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Disneymom

I didn't know about and wouldn't have thought to look for it in other threads. Maybe the person hadn't heard so to them it was news. Thank you for posting and keeping us micechatters updated.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Ride Warrior posts in the thread that CaliforniaAdventure is referring to. So yes it is his MO to regurgitate news, for some reason or another I do not know why.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Iron-Clad Allie

Didn't realize that, nevertheless it is important enough news to require it's own specific thread.

The Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center IS THE HSR Station. It's not OCTA, which is the agency that runs the county's bus fleet.

ARTIC is not building the line. The line is set to go from the ARTIC Station to Anaheim Convention Center. There's no "future expansion" necessary to connect to high speed rail.
    Thanks for the info. regarding the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center (ARTIC) is the HSR station. Let's hope that the bus line doesn't take the place of the trolley system. I would much rather see the two operate concurrently; although if I had to choose between the two I would choose the streetcars.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    This is kind of Ride Warrior's M.O.
    The M.O. I think about it, the M.O. I like it.

Thanks for the route map, CA. Very interesting details.

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I didn't know about and wouldn't have thought to look for it in other threads. Maybe the person hadn't heard so to them it was news. Thank you for posting and keeping us micechatters updated.
    I didn't realize the info had been hashed. I had heard ARTIC bandied about, but didn't realize what it stood for. Glad that I was able to bring the news to you in a thread of it's own.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I wouldn't have come down on you, had you clearly written what is going on.

They're building a new train station, it's called an intermodal facility because it will be a place where buses, Amtrak and Metrolink trains, the new streetcar, and a future high speed rail line come together. ARTIC stands for Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center.

The new trolley will start at ARTIC and end up on Harbor Blvd. at the Anaheim Convention Center (and across the street from TOY STORY PARKING).

That means when Disney builds it's third gate, there will be a trolley that you could take back to the Main Entrance Plaza of the other two parks.

That means you can come down from San Francisco on the High Speed Rail and transfer to the trolley for a direct connection to the parks.

That means you could also come in from San Diego or Los Angeles without your car.

Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

• Evil is Sexy

I can come up from SD now, without my car, if I take Amtrak and then the OCTA to Disney. I get a nice nap both ways to and from the park.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

You should join us in here: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

• Iron-Clad Allie

I wouldn't have come down on you, had you clearly written what is going on.

They're building a new train station, it's called an intermodal facility because it will be a place where buses, Amtrak and Metrolink trains, the new streetcar, and a future high speed rail line come together. ARTIC stands for Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodel Center.

The new trolley will start at ARTIC and end up on Harbor Blvd. at the Anaheim Convention Center (and across the street from TOY STORY PARKING).

That means when Disney builds it's third gate, there will be a trolley that you could take back to the Main Entrance Plaza of the other two parks.

That means you can come down from San Francisco on the High Speed Rail and transfer to the trolley for a direct connection to the parks.

That means you could also come in from San Diego or Los Angeles without your car.

Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort
    I am glad that Theme Park Three will be a considerable distance from the other two Disney parks. This will make the resort seem more like it is situated on a large territory, along the lines of Walt Disney World Resort. It would be great fun to travel by streetcar between theme park 3 and 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I can come up from SD now, without my car, if I take Amtrak and then the OCTA to Disney. I get a nice nap both ways to and from the park.
    It's a wonderful trip from the Central Valley where I reside.

You should join us in here: Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort
    You have an exceptional thread CA, and I highly recommend it to everyone for rail good speedy information and fun.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Reiterating, I hope that the bus line doesn't outcompete the trolly system for a city contract. That would be so commonplace and boring compared to the streetcars.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well, so far the streetcar is the preferred alternative. Short of calling the whole thing off and budgeting the bus service (never impossible) it looks to be a trolley.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Trolley enthusiasts may also enjoy: The great Red Car conspiracy of Los Angeles: Is it real?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast