Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I sent this comment into to Disneyland and this is what they sent back...

I visited Innoventions on Thursday March 28 and sent in online to Disneyland a Guest Comment:
    I visited the attraction, Innoventions, on my previous visit Thursday
    March 28, 2013 and I have been noticing that the show conditions have
    been subtracting. One is the building is no longer spinning which means
    that the Dream Home is not getting the entrance that it should also the
    lower floor is. I understand that the concern brought up by upper
    Management is the problem of locating the exits. Also the removal of the
    stages on the first floor is also causing of concern. Tom Morrow is also
    in derogating conditions hiding him behind a cheap curtain. Are there
    plans for a first floor remodel removing the entire rotation part? If
    not can the rotation be turned back on again? I also have concerns with
    the Castmembers at the attraction location. They seem to be under some
    sort of strain. Also they are pushing the Asimo show that I felt
    uncomfortable. It is time for this attraction to receive some TLC and
    soon or the show conditions will suffer.

Here is their response:
    Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

We appreciate valuable feedback for our Innoventions attraction. As you
    know, our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme
    parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in
    which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the
    various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on
    input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should
    remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

You may therefore be interested to know that beginning April 13, our
    DISNEYLAND® Park Guests will have the opportunity to experience the
    latest Iron Man technology at Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark
    Industries. This new Innoventions exhibit will guide Guests through an
    armory to an exact replica of the Hall of Armor from Tony Stark’s Malibu
    mansion. J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark’s artificial-intelligence computer
    program, will demonstrate the full range of the Iron Man armor
    capabilities and then, using augmented reality technology, invite Guests
    to virtually “suit up” pieces of the Mark 42 armor themselves – and even
    test it out! We hope you have the opportunity to experience the all-new
    Innoventions exhibit.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
    in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
    generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
    opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
    attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

I don't know if they are just trying to patch the whole Innoventions with Iron Man but we are going to have to see.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

Re: I sent this comment into to Disneyland and this is what they sent back...

Not really the response one wants to hear. Although I'm sure the Iron Man exhibit will be very cool, it's not enough to save the rest of Innoventions. They need to quit fooling around and just tear Innoventions down and use the space for something else.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

If there are any big plans in the works for Innoventions its not like they can spoil it to guests via email. This response doesn't surprise me.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• DLR Enthusiast

I find it interesting that instead of really addressing most of your concerns, they just dangle the Iron Man exhibit in front of you. They completely ignored (it seems) your questions about the rotation of the building, Tom Morrow, etc...
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• formerly very helpful

If they mention a release date of April 13, that is no time at all to construct a new attraction. The Iron Man exhibit is little more than a quick patch job. Hopefully they have something bigger and better in the works for Innoventions.

• formerly very helpful

ps, I'm glad you mentioned the condition of the cast members, seeming "to be under some sort of strain."
    Hopefully this will be adressed in a more constructive way than simply being issued the decree "Look happier, or else!"

Hopefully your concerns will be addressed and fixed, even if they don't tell you about it. And I agree- it's not what it should be.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disneyland History Lover

I wonder if this is the long-rumored Stark Expo thing-a-ma-jiggy. If so, what a let-down. That's not to say the exhibit won't be good, it's just that I think we were expecting a complete overhaul of Innoventions and a new E-ticket attraction. If this is the case, I won't be crying too much. I'm not a fan of Marvel in Tomorrowland at this time.

• Banned User

Guys come on...they must receive thousands of these a week. No one is gonna get a completely personal message addressing each and every concern and complaint. The fact that they get a specified as they do is impressive. They're not just gonna surrender all kinds of future plans and renovations to random visitors. I think this is a pretty good response, all these considered. And when traffic boosts for the Iron Man exhibit, we'll probably see a facelift to the attraction.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    I find it interesting that instead of really addressing most of your concerns, they just dangle the Iron Man exhibit in front of you. They completely ignored (it seems) your questions about the rotation of the building, Tom Morrow, etc...
    If they wanted to respond word for word, they would not have replied so quickly. They would have to bring the letter to the interested parties. Get a response. Get approval from various management. Then forward it over to communications, who will then respond to you. This will take 6 months to a year.

Better to just get a quick reply out. The concern over the rotation and broken elements may or may not be fixed. It depends on their maintenance schedule and whether the Iron Man update will fix them in the course of the update. You will just have to visit in April 13th to know if the items were fixed. Then again, it might not matter to most guests.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I think they are going to plant the Iron Man part to see if attendance trends increase and then move to remodeling the entire lower floor into Avengers / Ironman

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sorry you got such a stark response.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Guys come on...they must receive thousands of these a week. No one is gonna get a completely personal message addressing each and every concern and complaint. The fact that they get a specified as they do is impressive. They're not just gonna surrender all kinds of future plans and renovations to random visitors. I think this is a pretty good response, all these considered. And when traffic boosts for the Iron Man exhibit, we'll probably see a facelift to the attraction.
    Well, they didn't actually provide (specify) ANYTHING that related to the original letter. It was a totally boilerplate first paragraph, followed by something intended to appease, followed by final boilerplate. It didn't really give anything that could be interpreted as an actual response to the OP's original concerns.

Yes, they probably get a lot of guest comments, but, in the past, the park actually had someone responsible for providing REAL responses to guest concerns (they actually had the letters and responses compiled and distributed to management in order for them to understand what people were having issues with and how they were dealt with).

I recall a similar story a few days ago in this forum where somebody complained about an issue on Indiana Jones; got a similar dull response, and to their shock it was fixed within several days after their complaint.

However I imagine fixing Innoventions will not be a one night job...

Also sad to hear about Tom Morrow being broken, he was sort of a saving grace for Innoventions.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    I recall a similar story a few days ago in this forum where somebody complained about an issue on Indiana Jones; got a similar dull response, and to their shock it was fixed within several days after their complaint.

However I imagine fixing Innoventions will not be a one night job...

Also sad to hear about Tom Morrow being broken, he was sort of a saving grace for Innoventions.
    Name:  IMG_0460 - Copy.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  166.6 KB
    I took that photo a couple of months ago and posted it here on Micechat. And because of the photo they built a bigger curtain around "him".
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast