Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Re: Guests behaving badly on rides

luckily, we haven't had many negative experiences while visiting, and the worst that i can remember isn't as bad as most of these.

we were waiting in line for about a half hour so our kids (3 years and 6 months at the time) could meet mickey, minnie and pluto. we were down to the third ones in line, when the first ones in line went ahead for their turn, the second ones moved up to the front, but since i was fixing our daughter's minnie tutu and ears headband, we didn't immediately move (a foot forward lol). the woman behind us told her 7 or 8 year old daughter to go ahead in front of us. my husband turned to her and said excuse me, it isn't polite to cut in line. to which this woman replied, well if you weren't so busy messing with your baby's clothes and you were actually prepared, we wouldn't have to. a cm saw and sent the little girl back to her mom. after we were finished with our pictures, the mom went to her husband, who was standing next to us while we fastened the kids into the stroller, and told him to "do something". funniest thing i ever heard was her husband's response... "hell no! that's a marine corps backpack that guy's wearing. i'm not stupid enough to mess with a marine!" lol we got quite a kick out of her hubby backing off, but it was really irritating that she wanted to hurry her daughter in front of us, just to keep waiting anyway.

• Minion

I've been reading through this thread, just shaking my head at some of the stories.

I just want to take a moment to say 'Thank You'. Thank you to the CMs who have given me Disney Magic. Thank you to my fellow guests who have waited their turn, watched their language, taught their children to be polite. Thank you for the myriad little things that all of us do, or have done for us, that we may take for granted but contribute to our love for Disney and that make our visits to the Happiest Place on Earth something that makes us believe, as Anne Frank said, that 'in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

One time while in the line for haunted mansion, near the entrance to the ride, near the front door, there was a man who was tossing his infant baby in to the air repeatedly. The man was laughing and his baby was laughing and enjoying being launched in the air. The man was launching the baby higher and higher with each toss, and finally he tossed the baby so high that the babies head hit one of those green iron spike shaped things that hang down from the awning near the entrance. Everyone in line gasped, and the man felt horrible about what had happened. The baby was crying, and to this day i still wonder if it was injured. The guy wasnt too bright but he was clearly enjoying himself, and so was the baby at first, so i felt bad for both.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    Sadly enough, it's amazing how many people would rather stand and argue about their behavior than actually go out and have a great time in a Disney Park. This approach does work on more reasonable individuals though.
    Even better, force them to have a long time-out in Tarzan's Treehouse.

Thought of this thread when I was in the park tonight. While riding Pirates with some friends, there were 6 teenagers in the rows behind us (3 in each row). They each brought several rolls of pennies on the ride with them so they could through them at things. They were trying to hit animatronics, cups, and boats with the pennies.

The even ended up hitting one of my friends in the head with them.

After the ride was over, I reported them to a cast member, but they said that they couldn't do anything. I wish I had said something to those kids on the ride now.

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    The even ended up hitting one of my friends in the head with them.

After the ride was over, I reported them to a cast member, but they said that they couldn't do anything. I wish I had said something to those kids on the ride now.
    I just can't believe they can't do anything. If the CM can't do anything, then call security. The fact that they hit your friend in the head is enough reason to summon them.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

The answer to the age old question. How do things at Disneyland get broken...

• Cunning infiltrator

General society is still dumbed-down compare to the older generations. Stupidity breeds stupidity.

Don't forget that Teens are risk-takers, both positive and negative. Teenagers will of course do many stupid things that can ruin many things to themselves and their friends/family. But, hey that's what shape them to become adults.

Anyway, I've seen some guests behaving badly on rides. Like one time, I was riding POTC with my mother, there was this group acting all rowdy and loud. I saw one young adult male screaming and using both hands to make a splash to the sandy shore, it was during the Cavern grotto scenes. But it wasn't that bad, just water, but then the group was shouting and saying many stupid things. This was back in 2009 mind you, when I was still in my late teen naive self. I simply shouted to them, "Idiots on the boat!" After that they all shut up and enjoyed the attraction once it hits to the 'Crew's quarter scene.' It turns out the group was a bunch of random guests not 'a summer camp group' and/or 'grad nite students.'

One time, I saw a piece of gum wad on the Scottish girl's head whom she was carrying balloons like the other children after her in the Welcome Room in It's A Small World. It was during Summer of 2010 at that time, it was probably thrown from an angry or rowdy teenager.

However, most of my trips and experiences on the rides were not ruined from guests that were not behaving well.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kellymcg86 View Post
    i just can't believe they can't do anything. If the cm can't do anything, then call security. The fact that they hit your friend in the head is enough reason to summon them.
    ITA. The moment a guest puts their hands on someone or touches them in an aggressive way - whether it's another guest or a CM - it should be grounds for immediate expulsion from the park. Security should have been called if someone was hit in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    ITA. The moment a guest puts their hands on someone or touches them in an aggressive way - whether it's another guest or a CM - it should be grounds for immediate expulsion from the park. Security should have been called if someone was hit in the head.
    Maybe I should have reported it to another cast member. This girl just gave me an "oh well" look when I told her what happened. My friend is fine, she was hit with the pennies when we went down the second drop (the kids were trying to throw the pennies in the air while dropping and then catch them).

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    This is a harder one to judge - some people do scream obnoxiously just to be 'funny' (I've had that occur on Haunted Mansion, from an adult, and it was ridiculously irritating) but on a roller coaster, some people could be genuinely screaming from fear/adrenaline - my girlfriend is one of them, particularly the first time she rode the attraction and didn't know what to expect. So the generalization of anyone screaming on Space Mountain/a coaster doing it deliberately to annoy others is not likely terribly accurate. Comes with the territory from time to time.
    One time my girlfriend and I went on BTMRR and we sat in the very front. Two teenagers, a boy and girl sat behind us. The boy was the left side of the seat behind my my girlfriend and the girl was on the right side of her seat behind me.

Going up the first lift hill, ok the FIRST lift hill, this girl screamed bloody murder. She screamed so loud she made both of my ears ring.

That was highly annoying and it hurt my ears. She wasn't even scared!!!

I had an experience on Haunted Mansion, someone in a doom buggy ahead was taking pictures. So we yelled, no flash photography, which is perfectly legit. With cameras these days, you can do some amazing things with low light fast apertures. So in the seance room, this person started flashing at us, and yelling that we were disrupting their fun on the ride. After we got off the ride, we exchanged words. She kept saying that I'm infringing on her rights to take flash photography.... Sigh, people don't get it!

• my favorite sociopath

Quote Originally Posted by diverjon View Post
    I had an experience on Haunted Mansion, someone in a doom buggy ahead was taking pictures. So we yelled, no flash photography, which is perfectly legit. With cameras these days, you can do some amazing things with low light fast apertures. So in the seance room, this person started flashing at us, and yelling that we were disrupting their fun on the ride. After we got off the ride, we exchanged words. She kept saying that I'm infringing on her rights to take flash photography.... Sigh, people don't get it!
    The next generation of cameras need a 'dark ride mode'.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    Maybe I should have reported it to another cast member. This girl just gave me an "oh well" look when I told her what happened. My friend is fine, she was hit with the pennies when we went down the second drop (the kids were trying to throw the pennies in the air while dropping and then catch them).
    What you should have done was report the incident and the name of the worker who shrugged it off to City Hall.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by NemoVir View Post
    The next generation of cameras need a 'dark ride mode'.
    Even with that feature, it would have to automatically sense the right time to use it or you get Murray Moron and Sally Stupid* who still take photos with the flash when there are better options. Which they then get all aggressive when you polietly ask them to not do so.

*No offense to any Murray's or Sally's in general.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast