Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Guests behaving badly on rides

Do we all agree that it is not acceptable for part of a group to move up 7 or 8 parties in line to meet-up with one or two people who ran to get in line before the entire party reached the line entrance ?

If so, are there any situations when this tactic could be overlooked ?

I find the trend of people tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to step aside so they can move up in line is increasing.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Do we all agree that it is not acceptable for part of a group to move up 7 or 8 parties in line to meet-up with one or two people who ran to get in line before the entire party reached the line entrance ?

I'm okay with this if it's one or two people moving forward. People do get separated sometimes and then there's the issue of bathroom emergencies, especially with little ones. However, if it's any more than two people it crosses the line. Just because your buddy sprinted ahead of everyone else to get in line doesn't mean the rest of you get a free pass to bypass everyone else in line. Your buddy can either move back to join you or ride by himself.

• Evil is Sexy

The only ride my husband and I ever seem to do this on is Pirates. He'll go to get Fastpasses and I'll pop in line. Left hand side, always. If he has not appeared by the time I get to the "Dream Suite" staircase, I let everyone else go ahead of me, since it is easiest for him to meet me there instead of annoying everyone as he pushes through the line.

I would never do this with a larger party, though. When we do it with his parents, we meet outside the queue for whatever ride we're meeting up on.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post

I find the trend of people tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to step aside so they can move up in line is increasing.

I think it just depends really. Large parties yes. But 2-3 others is one thing. Sometimes the Mom takes both the munckins to the restroom ya know.

The only time it's not at all is when it's the single rider line. Period. I was in line at RSR & a Dad was with his son (say 10ish) He made a comment about when Mom & sisters (teenagers) got there. I just simply said "You know it would be different if it was the regular line, but it's not. This is the single rider line right. So if you let more people in front of me they would be cutting line. If you want to stand with them, you should move back to them."
    He said "Oh yeah, you're right, sorry" & he moved back with them when they got there.

I know not everyone would be as nice/polite. So you just have to decide if you're going to let it spoil your time at the sometimes less than happiest place on earth.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kovu View Post
    Wasn't on a ride. There was a time where I was in a (long) line to get a picture with Goofy. A family was having their time with him, we were up next. There was this mother off to the side with her kid. Once the family finished up, she took her kid and walked right up to Goofy. I told her, "Wait in line like everyone else, you're not cutting us." I didn't mean just my family, I meant everyone waiting. Goofy backed me up. Goofy looked at the mom, pointed at her eyes, pointed at his eyes... and then pointed her to the back of the line. Goofy successfully mimed, "You see the line." The woman walked off, Goofy waved as she left, people clapped, and Goofy gave me a high five.
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I know this all too well now...Gotten a verbal warning because I received 2 complaints in one week because I choose to stand up for a family who had an issue with a rude group (I will not go into details regarding the situation for now). The other was fastpass related and involved a rude guest as well who choose to heckle me and my fellow CM which was something I'm used to but once he stepped in to harass guests who I was trying to help, then I got mad. Eventually he left but was already yelling out as he left that he's going to complain about me. but In both situations I knew I wasn't going to win so I did what I believed was right...I got a guest compliment from said family I helped but a day later got 2 complaints from both incidents. It really is a damned if I do or not. Long story short, I lost a privileged title I had but I still feel I was right in helping a family...and I will just bide my time in hopes I can gained what I was stripped of...

...As I see it
    I am 100% behind the CMs. If I ever personally witnessed something like you mentioned happening I would rip your superiors apart for stripping you of your title. Quite frankly I am getting tired of management period. CMs in California are not treated well and it needs to stop. I don't care if management is on here or not my advice to them is clean up their act because stockholders are also watching. I know that you cannot respond to what I have said but know you and your fellow CMs have friends. I am a guest who spends a lot of money and I demand nothing but the best.

One time, we were on Star Tours, and the entire goup was being so loud & obnoxius that the CM couldnt even talk over them. Everyone was being so rude, and you could tell that it wasnt his first loud group of the day. We were front & center, so we had a great view of this poor kids frustration. He got about two lines into the safety monologue, stopped, shrugged his shoulders, muttered an obscenity, and walked out. I dont think anyone else even caught it. I know there are people who would reprimand the CM for cussing in front of a group like that, but I back the guy fully. I probably would have said much worse in his position. And like I said, I dont think anyone else even caught it. Poor guy. Cast members make this experience. I hate to see them mistreated.

Another time on Star Tours, there was a very heavy man struggling with his lap belt. This guy was so humiliated, and I couldnt believe how rude the group as a whole was to him. There were people laughing at him and yelling to hurry up. One person yelled at him to lose weight, another yelled at him to get off the ride, and for a second I thought he was going to. I saw him consider it, and I believe he chose not to because it would mean a bigger scene, walking in front of all those people. Even the CM was impatient. In the end, he got buckled and settled in, but people were turning their heads to stare and smirk at him well after the ride began. Obesity is the last "acceptable" prejudice. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

If we see a guest having problems with their seatbelt we try to help. We all need to look out for each other.

• the rockawho?

probably the worst experience was on space mountain....

we had a very loud and obnoxious couple behind us....they were yelling and screaming in our ears obnoxiously.....

when we got off the ride, i heard the guy say "i think the couple in front of us didnt like us screaming. I dont give a sh*T"....

i was seriously going knock the kid silly...i decided it was best to let it go...

i hate annoying young adults...

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    These two are always the worst for us. Flashes going off on Pirates (really ruins the whole ride), and the dialog chanters in the Mansion (who are not impressing anyone, and really ruins it for first time visitors)
    I can't help but to recite along with the dialogue in the HM elevator, I've been on it so many times. But I don't project my voice with it, I just do it quietly.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I'll go with my family and have my little cousins by my side while in the line for POTC, and there will be drunk 20 year old men cursing, dropping the F bomb between every sentence and it's just disappointing that we go to DISNEYLAND and have to deal with drunken idiots. It really ruins the trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    I'll go with my family and have my little cousins by my side while in the line for POTC, and there will be drunk 20 year old men cursing, dropping the F bomb between every sentence and it's just disappointing that we go to DISNEYLAND and have to deal with drunken idiots. It really ruins the trip...
    I don't know if that was a problem before 2001.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

From what I remember, I don't think it was...

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I don't know if that was a problem before 2001.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    From what I remember, I don't think it was...
    What I'm referring to when I say 2001 was the placement of DCA and the introduction of alcohol to the DLR property. Before then, the only theme park in Orange County that served alcohol on site was Knotts Berry Farm.

• Master Gracey's Music Man

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I can't help but to recite along with the dialogue in the HM elevator, I've been on it so many times. But I don't project my voice with it, I just do it quietly.
    I do the same myself. I love reciting it but keep it quiet out of respect to other guests and their experience. Only exception is if everyone inside is doing it aloud at once but other than that nope.
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast