Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Re: Guests behaving badly on rides

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    I had an experience like that with ONE particular family (Wife, husband, two teenage boys, a young girl * maybe 6*, and a younger boy *maybe 4*). We had run into this group like 3 times during the day. I almost thought they were stalking us. (LOL) Anyhoo, every time we saw them it was the same old story: kids climbing all over everything, taking flash pictures, cursing teenagers. Just flat out rude and inconsiderate entire group of people.

Now, to be fair, I've been known to have a short temper (especially when I was a young man), but in Disneyland I'm on my best behavior. I curse like a sailor IRL, but I (typically) don't even mutter a curse word under my breath in the parks (no need to spoil some one else' experience with my potty mouth).

The last time we encountered this family was while we were waiting for Fantasmic! My wife and daughter sat down to save our seats. My son (or daughter, I don't remember) and I went to get drinks for everyone so we set our hoodies down on the ground to save our place. We came back to see my wife with her finger in "Mom's" face and our hoodies kicked out of the way. Obviously I walk up and ask what's going on. "Mom" proceeds to tell me that my wife wasn't "allowed" to hold our spot and that her family was taking the space (along with another couples' who were also saving spots). I had had it at that point. I told "Daddy" to get his wife under control and get out of our spots or we were both leaving the park. Him on a stretcher and me in a cop car. Regrettably, there were several F-bombs included in my confrontation with "Daddy" (actually not a confrontation at all since he was quick to get his wife out of there and didn't offer much argument). I hope no little kids heard me (I can't be certain), but I did get three "Thank You's" and a round of hot cocoa for my family from another group.

I don't feel (and didn't then) like any type of hero but I had COMPLETELY had it with that family and enough was enough. There really needs to be a way CMs can rid the park of that type of garbage without fear of losing their jobs. They have NO support from upper management with those type of people sometimes.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

The worst offenders always seem to be on Star Tours, for me. We've been on so many times with a group, usually teenagers, speaking over the dialogue, cursing and carrying on. Lucky for me, my guy is always quick to speak up and his biting tongue usually puts people in their place. We take Disney and Star Wars much too seriously for such nonsense ; )

People are for the most part as well behaved at Disneyland (if not better) as in normal everyday surroundings. I've never seen anything too egregious - but I only go once a year for 2/3 days at a time. But I do know what others are talking about when it comes to the parades - a certain (and I believe small) segment of our population simply has no class and no regard for others, and will push others out of the way. But it is still a pretty small percentage who act this way.
    Last edited by McScratchy; 04-03-2013 at 08:42 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Before I stopped riding PotC (there's too much smoke on the ride for me now), that did seem to be the place to find rude guests - I remember having people on our boats that talked nonstop, took flash photos or held up those bright, bright iPad/camera screens for the entire ride, etc. I remember one where a guy on the boat kept taking flash photos despite a CM going on the loudspeaker several times.

The worst one I can remember right now was on the tram back to M&F. There was a family in the row in front of us - parents, it looked like; older kids and teenagers and younger ones, too - and they were having a knock down, drag-out screaming fight. Cursing, yelling, hurling horrible insults. My friend and I, and the other people in our row were so uncomfortable - it was one of those times you reallly didn't want to be in the area but on the tram, we were a captive audience. I don't think I've ever walked to the M&F escalators as fast as I did that night. As soon as we were out of range my friend and I both exhaled and were saying "they were horrible. Horrible. What? WHY?"

Worst one on a ride was on Splash Mountain - we were in the first outdoor part of the ride and we kept hearing a CM on the loudspeaker telling someone to sit down. It wasn't our log, and it wasn't the one in front or behind us - but it must have been somewhere close. They ended up stopping the ride and there was a pileup of about seven logs before the first drop at Slippin' Falls. Where ever the standing guest was, it must have been further up the line because nobody from any of the piled up logs was removed.

The other one springing to mind: all the times people have tried to bodily push me out of the way in ride queues, etc. Some people seem to think that they're going to be able to literally shove me aside to cut the line - nope. Sorry.

It's disappointing to see people act that way - it's as though they never learned how to behave in public. And they have no respect or consideration for others. When I was a kid I did stupid things, but I don't think it ever would have occurred to me to stand up on a ride.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I remember one time while walking towards the queue for RSR with my friends (I would say maybe like 8 of us?), this family that was walking behind me VERY RUDELY bumped into me and cut me and two my friends off and separated us from our group. They didn't realize we were a large group and they were in such a hurry to beat the three of us to the line. I remember the mother literally dragging and pulling her child as they were trying to beat me to the line. I even accidentally smacked the kid in the face when the mother and child cut right across me! When we settled into the queue, to get our 'revenge,' we walked past the family to rejoin our group without saying 'excuse us.' Normally, I am not a rude person but I was pretty furious at this family bumping into me and cutting me off just so they didn't have to stand behind three more people. As we were walking by them, the father or uncle or whatever he was had the nerve to sarcastically say to us, 'You know, an excuse me would be nice.' Boy, did that tick me off. I sharply responded, 'Oh yeah? Well maybe you should've taken your own advice when you RUDELY bumped into me and cut us off from our friends at the entrance.' That shut him up real quick.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

I agree with everyone that POTC is most definitely a hotbed of debauchery for some reason. Any story I add to this in regards to that is basically along the same lines as everyone elses.

Now I am most definitely known for having a helluva temper, and an even worse sailor mouth sometimes, but I try to keep that nearly non-existent when I'm in the parks. I'm most definitely at my nicest and friendliest whenever I am there.

Except for recently when I went to ride Space Mountain by myself. This group of kids ended up behind me in line and I could already tell I was gonna end up having to say something. Rude and obnoxious and bumping into everyone and cursing up a storm and openly making fun of other guests in line and just basically being big brats. At one point I guess they got tired of being ONE WHOLE PERSON behind so one of the started trying to cut me. I waited a bit to see what would happen. He then moved up a bit more to be sort of off to the side but in ahead of the couple in front of me. They made faces to each other and then looked back at me like "is this kid for real?" Then he started telling his friends to come on through "none of them are gonna tell you anything they're too scared just come on let them try to say something." And as soon as one of them tried to pass me I was DONE.

I immediately threw my hand out to hold onto the chain across from me to block his way. He yelled at me but I ignored him. I looked over to his friend and calmly at first told him "Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe you were behind me in line."

"Well you're wrong."

"I'm about 300% sure I'm not. Now I suggest you get back to your original spot before I let someone know what you're doing."

And then he tried to tell me I wasn't going to do anything about it. Which is when the Chernabog in me reared it's head and I gave him a helluva tongue lashing. He pouted the whole way through the line but he went back to his spot regardless because his friends told him to get over it. I saw them again later on, attempting to once again skip through the line. Needless to say as soon as they saw me they went back.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Just last week I was on Small World by my self (only person in the boat) and a group of teens board the adjacent station and we launched at the same time well my boat was the first to go through the switch and I was I front of them. The entire time since we entered the show building the were pushing their boat to go faster and eventually bumped into mine. But that I guess was not fast enough for them so they starting speeding again with my boat in front so. I just sat their and ignored them then when we were entering the Egypt scene one jump the boats over a 4 foot gap and sat in the back row. I still ignored them. I could tell he wanted to jump back but no other opportunities pretested themselves. When we got back to the dock their boat diverted into the other dock and me and the one lone teen sat there why their friends boat unloaded. When it was my turn to unload the CM in the tower look at the guy getting out of the back of the boat funnily because they would never unbalance the boat like that.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• New Member Goes Forth

They really ruin an attraction, and the overall experience
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Wow, amazing stories, everybody! Thanks for sharing. The stories make me really appreciate the CM's who have to try to deal with people & situations like this.

When I was younger, my mom and sister where on the Pirates ride, in the back row. We had a bunch of teenagers in front of us. They started putting there hands in the water at one point and splashing each other and they got really aggressive and splashed water all over us, we got soaked and they just laughed. My mom wasn't very impressed to say the least.

This wasn't on a ride, but it was very rude. It happened to my mom in New Orleans Square as they were throwing out beads. She was trying to catch some beads for me and one of the cast members say here and shouted out to her and she caught them, but as she caught them a big, muscular guy in motorcycle gear, grabs her wrist and literally pries it out of her hand. The beads were wrapped around her wrist when she caught them, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The guy then gives them to his girlfriend. A cast member did see what happened and went up to my mom to make sure she was okay and gave us some beads. It's sad how people can act this way to anyone, expecially at the happiest place on earth.

Unfortunately, the worst one that I have encountered was a cast member on POTC! During the entire ride from the boat behind us, a spotlight kept shining on us and the scenes while someone spoke very loudly. It was explained to me after the ride by another cast member that an autistic child was "scared" of the dark and pirates. Obviously, this was pre-planned..........and our boat and the one behind them should have been left empty as to not ruin the experience of the other guests that were trying to enjoy this attraction.

cremains are specifically banned from being brought into the park. I read it in the FAQ on [disneyland.com]

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    cremains are specifically banned from being brought into the park. I read it in the FAQ on [disneyland.com]
    True, but that doesn't mean people don't find ways to bring them in.

• Ready for takeoff

Mine are similar to what others have already said. We were there last week and had people behind us that took many flash pictures on POTC even after several people reminding them that they are not supposed to do that.

On that same trip, we had some moron on ToT with us that inisisted in putting his legs up on the elevator (he was on the front row). The CM told him not to do it again and our ride picture was lost in another dimension.

Screamers on Space Mountain drive me crazy as well. Really, you have to scream the entire time? I have been stuck with those people right behind me mutiple times.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    Screamers on Space Mountain drive me crazy as well. Really, you have to scream the entire time? I have been stuck with those people right behind me mutiple times.
    This is a harder one to judge - some people do scream obnoxiously just to be 'funny' (I've had that occur on Haunted Mansion, from an adult, and it was ridiculously irritating) but on a roller coaster, some people could be genuinely screaming from fear/adrenaline - my girlfriend is one of them, particularly the first time she rode the attraction and didn't know what to expect. So the generalization of anyone screaming on Space Mountain/a coaster doing it deliberately to annoy others is not likely terribly accurate. Comes with the territory from time to time.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast