Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Guests behaving badly on rides

Sense of entitlement plays a big part in adult's poor behavior.

Teenagers.............. enough said.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The other one springing to mind: all the times people have tried to bodily push me out of the way in ride queues, etc. Some people seem to think that they're going to be able to literally shove me aside to cut the line - nope. Sorry.
    That happened to me in the queue for Space Mountain. When we entered the indoor area this couple behind me started to try and push their way ahead of me. I turned around and said "excuse me" a little rudely and they stopped. Some people just have no respect.

•   

I'm so sorry that the boys in DannyeF's story only received a talking to. If they get talked to and are respectful enough to know that they did something wrong, then maybe a talking to is enough. If they were rude and still laughing it off to the CM's face, KICK THEM OUT NOW! I mean, they're obviously not getting it. Let the cost of their tickets be a complete and total waste. They'll laugh about it for an hour or two but at some point remorse kicks in and they realize they screwed up.

As for the guy tossing out cremated remains? There's a law against that, cremated remains need to be disposed of properly.

More and more it seems society is putting "I want" ahead of "we need." From a certain point of view it's always been like that, or the perception of that, but as time goes on we're seeing more and more documented proof. Anyone with a camera can film a dozen or so "bad guest" stories like this in their trip if they just watch and wait.

ZomBats? Good for you. Nicely done.

My question is, why don't I see Disney doing something about it? Failure to take strong enough action only leads to people doing it more and more. In law enforcement circles it was discovered that high enforcement on quality of life issues actually drove away higher index crimes. What drug dealer wants to hang out on a street corner where you actually CAN get cited for loitering? In a similar vein, kick out enough of the unruly people and word gets around. Even if it doesn't, you still kick the jerks out and the polite 99% of the customers are still happy. You can't make everyone happy, but the happiness of the rude ones isn't a demographic to worry about. BOOT!
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Minion

An mid 30s is women was take flash pictures in Lincoln and the CM asked them to stop about 4 times

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I'm so sorry that the boys in DannyeF's story only received a talking to. If they get talked to and are respectful enough to know that they did something wrong, then maybe a talking to is enough. If they were rude and still laughing it off to the CM's face, KICK THEM OUT NOW! I mean, they're obviously not getting it. Let the cost of their tickets be a complete and total waste. They'll laugh about it for an hour or two but at some point remorse kicks in and they realize they screwed up.
    I wish they had been kicked out, too. But I don't see Disney stepping up the removal of folks from the parks because of the PR. :-( Rude people do make an awful stink...of course, if boat-hopping causes an accident, it's "Disney's fault" and they will be sued, I am sure. PR is so tricky.
    When people are kicked out, can that be permanent? How does Disney enforce that?

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    This is a harder one to judge - some people do scream obnoxiously just to be 'funny' (I've had that occur on Haunted Mansion, from an adult, and it was ridiculously irritating) but on a roller coaster, some people could be genuinely screaming from fear/adrenaline - my girlfriend is one of them, particularly the first time she rode the attraction and didn't know what to expect. So the generalization of anyone screaming on Space Mountain/a coaster doing it deliberately to annoy others is not likely terribly accurate. Comes with the territory from time to time.
    I was referring to the "just to be funny" crowd. I totally get that people will scream as part of a roller coaster.

I always have bad experiences during parades and fireworks. My husband and I always plan accordingly so our 2 children get the most from their visits, this means we stake a spot and wait a good 45 minutes before they start. It never fails, last minute someone will shove their way and crunch us all up!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Sense of entitlement plays a big part in adult's poor behavior.

Teenagers.............. enough said.
    Now, I hope you don't think all teenagers are bad like that. I'm 18, my sister is 20, and we always make an effort not to disturb anybody, we do our best to make sure that everyone is enjoying the park as much as everyone else. It bugs me when people my age misbehave or do stupid things on rides, and believe me I've talked to a few of them myself. It roots from the parents not disciplining their children, our parents always taught us to behave and be respectful when out in public, others not so much.

Wasn't on a ride. There was a time where I was in a (long) line to get a picture with Goofy. A family was having their time with him, we were up next. There was this mother off to the side with her kid. Once the family finished up, she took her kid and walked right up to Goofy. I told her, "Wait in line like everyone else, you're not cutting us." I didn't mean just my family, I meant everyone waiting. Goofy backed me up. Goofy looked at the mom, pointed at her eyes, pointed at his eyes... and then pointed her to the back of the line. Goofy successfully mimed, "You see the line." The woman walked off, Goofy waved as she left, people clapped, and Goofy gave me a high five.

• Foolish Mortal

We never really watch the parades or the fireworks from fixed position, so I don't have any stories from them. Recently there was a woman in the row in front of us on POTC that was taking flash pictures almost immediately after we left the dock. I had finally had enough by the time we were exiting the grotto area and gently tapped her on the shoulder and kindly asked if she would turn her flash off, as it was ruining the ride experience for all of those around her. To my surprise, she did stop!

• Minion

I've seen the run-of-the-mill idiot-ness (line jumping, flash pictures, kids/teens acting up), but luckily not the egregious things some people have mentioned in this thread. I guess I've just been fortunate (or oblivious, more than likely!!).

I just really feel for the CMs. Damned if they do (eject the fools and risk management 'displeasure' for possible bad PR/lawsuits) and damned if they don't (thus risking complaints to City Hall and, again, management 'displeasure' for not enforcing the rules). It's easy enough when they just say "We don't do that here, please stop" & the person stops, but the problem is it seems these days that the people who commit the most outrageous stunts (or their parents) are the ones who yell the loudest and sue the fastest. It would be interesting to know what the steps are for a guest to be ejected & how/if management does or does not back up the CMs who try to eject people from the park for a valid reason. I mean, I doubt if CM X can just kick someone out of the park on their own, there must be a 'process' to be followed.

All in all, I'm glad that these incidents still seem to be the minority of guest behavior. The vast majority of us just want to have a good time and do our best to 'behave'.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    I was referring to the "just to be funny" crowd. I totally get that people will scream as part of a roller coaster.
    Fair enough yes And the obnoxious ones are very irritating, no two ways about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer28 View Post
    Now, I hope you don't think all teenagers are bad like that. I'm 18, my sister is 20, and we always make an effort not to disturb anybody, we do our best to make sure that everyone is enjoying the park as much as everyone else. It bugs me when people my age misbehave or do stupid things on rides, and believe me I've talked to a few of them myself. It roots from the parents not disciplining their children, our parents always taught us to behave and be respectful when out in public, others not so much.

I agree with this totally. I have a 12-year-old and we try our best to teach him WHY we follow rules--because we think about others, not just ourselves. We had the BEST experience with a couple of teenagers in the park last year--my daughter, R, collects stuffed Dumbos. She saves her allowance all year. We were walking through DLR and saw 2 teens with a Dumbo we hadn't seen before. We asked them about it and they explained you could get him at DCA on the boardwalk, but you had to play a game to do it. R was nervous because she didn't know if we could win the game (turns out it would have been fine, they are easy, but we didn't know). I was reassuring her that we would make it work somehow. The teens must have heard us as we were walking away, because they caught up with us and GAVE her the Dumbo! I pulled my wallet out and offered them the two 20's I had, but they would not take a thing. Talk about caring about other people's feelings. Those teens made the magic real for my little girl. She carried that Dumbo with her everywhere for the rest of the trip and still sleeps with it on her bed.
    Those teens had good parents, are good people, and will BE good parents someday. Just like you and your sister, Dreamer28, and so many other teens, as I am sure we can all agree. But the bad ones give you all a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I just really feel for the CMs.
    Exactly my thoughts. It may be technically "in their job description" to deal with badly-behaving guests, but it shouldn't have to be. :-(

• -

I almost had what was to be my last ride on the original Star Tours ruined by some idiot who thought it would be cool to recite the entire ride verbatim next to me. Luckily, I had time for one more ride that night before leaving so I was able to experience the classic one last time uninterrupted by some lowlife who thought it would be cool to show that they know every sound the ride would make and and every word that Captain Rex would say.

On my annual trip to Disney World last week, I got to finally experience a new low in stupidity. While on the Carousel of Progress, despite numerous warnings from workers that once the show starts, you cannot exit until the show is over someone in one of the other rooms (not mine, though I would have loved to see it) tried to exit the show. As a result, we had to endure a few interruptions from workers over the loud speaker about not exiting the show and we ended up sitting in the room with all the electrical wiring and blown fuses for two cycles.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast