Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Guests behaving badly on rides

I tend to avoid parades for the simple fact that parents do not control their children. They think because you claim a spot you can let your kids run wild. I can't count how many times I have sat on the sidewalk and been kicked, stepped on, and rammed into by kids because the parents are letting them go crazy while waiting for the parade to start.
    When I saw the Soundsational parade last year I sat on a bench in front of the Main Street train station far away from the sidewalks. It was amazing to see how many CM's had to lead children away from the street during the parade because the parents kept letting the kids run toward the characters.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Bad behavior exists in Disney Park more than IRL. People tend to do things they would not normally do because they feel entitled they paid for a ticket so they can treat the park, and the people within, as they please. BAH to them I say!

POTC is the ride everyone loves to mess around on. I've shushed friends who were talking too loud/constantly and I've watched teens standing up on the ride. I believe the standing in the ride boat is the worst since other little children see this and think it's all right, which was exhibited by my friends 5 year old next to me who tried it. In my opinion, bad show from a guest is worse than anything!

I do wish that more people would be respectful of the entire experience and not just their own little bubble. Not always is it the parents' fault; some kids, and adults as well, just don't care.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I've had a delightful parent admonish me after her darling child (a girl of about 4) whacked me with one of those glow swords she was aimlessly swinging in circles repeatedly, the mother not paying any attention while waiting for the Nemo subs. I was standing average distance away (2 people or so distance) but dear mother just glared and suggested maybe I shouldn't stand 'so close' instead of telling her kid not to wave the thing around.

People do tend often to be ridiculous, sadly. That rather soured any desire I had to spend any more time (probably a half hour line) waiting with this charming woman nearby, so my entire party left to the other side of the park.

• The doctor is in

I congratulated a few parents on my last trip who took the initiative to still discipline their children while at the park.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

So far.. I have not seen a guest act horrible besides the usual Flash photos issues in the POTC,HM and canyon rides and the catchphrases in Star tours (especially when the message is from Ackbar), otherwise.. its mostly been quiet and most guests ive seen are well behaved in attitude.

• Evil is Sexy

It's a tr... er... *coughs* Resisting the Ackbar Effect is hard. It is strong in the Force.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    It's a tr... er... *coughs* Resisting the Ackbar Effect is hard. It is strong in the Force.
    (Off topic) LOL!! The Ackbar Effect! Love it.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

For me, my first experiece was forcing my youngest ds who was about 6 out of his spot for the parade.

The next tim we were standing line for Splash Mountain and there was a small group (3 or 4 people) who proceeded to try and cut in line in front of the people who were standing infront of us..and when the group they cut in front didn't say anything I did..I told them the back of the line was there..and pointed..had to firmly repeat this and stare fiercly at them and they finally left the line.

The last time was just a year ago when I witnessed a young boy about 7 trying to hang from a tree branch that was barely a sapling itself. I knew the branch would break because it wasn't going to hold his weight, parents did nothing and I was about to address it but fortunately the line moved fast enough he couldn't spend too much time trying to hang from it.

Some people are clueless, some just plain out rude and others who just like to take advantage of others who have a kind heart. Saddens me to see that as a society we just seem to forget how to teach our kids proper ettiquette.

• Minion

Not much other than Grad Nite kids screaming "Sh**" in Haunted Mansion stretching room, foreign tourists taking flash pictures on POTC while disregarding the warnings, and these stupid kids who scream "Oh sh**" during the slow parts on Space Mountain. The teens are mainly the problem in my experiences.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I congratulated a few parents on my last trip who took the initiative to still discipline their children while at the park.
    I'd be a little disconcerted if Maleficent walked up and complimented me on disciplining my kids

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

I only have had one truly bad experience with someone in the parks. My friends and I got to California Adventure at 7am to line up at the gate so we would get FP's for RSR right at 8:00. We were first in line at our turnstile, some guy with his kids was there at the one next to us before we arrived. Well at 7:30 when they open the turnstiles they let ours go seconds before the others. He was upset about this and when he ended up behind us in the FP line he accused us of cutting him. He threw a fit and told a CM we were disrespectful and had shoved our way up front and cut everyone. Worst part is people believed him, probably because we were all teenagers and he was an "adult". In the end though the CM that saw us get in line and knew we did not cut or push in front of anyone came over and defended us out so we didn't have to leave the line.

Other thing that I have seen is in the Indiana Jones Single rider line I've only ever used it twice, because I like to request the front so I usually Fast Pass it. Anyway both times I have used it I've seen people in it cut the line by not taking the elevator with the single riders but just merging into the regular line after the film room. Once it was just one person the other time a group of three who I think just didn't know where to go.

I also saw someone get kicked out of the Matterhorn line because a CM thought he threw gummy bears on the ground. It was the people in front of him who actually did it though. Anyway when those people (we were right behind them) got to the front of the line they kicked them out of the line and they couldn't ride. They made them wait in the line and kicked them out at the front it was hilarious.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Other thing that I have seen is in the Indiana Jones Single rider line I've only ever used it twice, because I like to request the front so I usually Fast Pass it. Anyway both times I have used it I've seen people in it cut the line by not taking the elevator with the single riders but just merging into the regular line after the film room. Once it was just one person the other time a group of three who I think just didn't know where to go.
    My friends and I normally do the single rider on Indiana Jones if the line is long, and to be fair not every CM explains where to go after the film room. We've done it enough times were we know now, but I can see how people would walk right past the elevator entrance.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    When my family visited Disneyland last December there were some people on Pirates taking pictures using their camera flash. It was disruptive to see the camera go off every other minute.
    Disney really needs to hire some trained rhesus monkey's to swoop down and confiscate flashing camera's.....especially on Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by I Bet Churros View Post
    Not a single incident, but it drives me nuts when we're on the Haunted Mansion and people are texting in Madame Leota's room. I don't really understand why people do this on rides after waiting in line.
    Read Atopia by M. Mather to really understand why.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

We were on It's a Small World and a group of teenagers kept yelling throughout the whole ride. The best part was when we were passing by the India portion and they yelled "Give us back our oil!".

• -

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    foreign tourists taking flash pictures on POTC while disregarding the warnings
    Darn those foreign tourists. Domestic tourists would never do anything like that...
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast