Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Guests behaving badly on rides

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    A couple weeks ago we were at DL and we decided to go on Splash Mountain. We were a group of four, so they put two single riders with us. They were brother and sister, the youngest around 10 and the older around 14. First, they kept trying to move into the front two spots where my sister and friend were. The CM was getting very annoyed with them, since they were not listening at all and he was trying to deal with other people simultaneously. They did end up in the back to spots, with my mom in front of them. The older one kept kicking my mom throughout the ride. They also yelled things like "You suck!", "I hate you!", "This is stupid!" at all the animatronics the entire time. It was MISERABLE! And such disappointment, because Splash is one of my favorite rides and it was the only time I got to ride it this trip. Parents should not be allowing their kids to ride without them unless they are mature enough to handle it and not ruin others' experiences.
    Were they kicked out at least?

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Were they kicked out at least?
    Nope, nothing happened, at least that we saw. They ran (literally) straight back into line.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

The fact of the matter is, the more you go Disney, the more people you're going to run into, and the more likely you're going to run into the crazy ones. Rude people are everywhere. It's just you ordinarily aren't packed so closely to them in one day, as you are when you're at Disney.

Over in Disney World, I've ran into some crazy stuff over the years. One guy, who was seated for a parade, decided his outstretched leg was not going to move from across the sidewalk, and people were just going to have to jump over it. Another group, also seated on the ground, asked my mom and sister to move from where they were standing because they thought they wouldn't be able to see the fireworks.

Worst one was probably a woman who was walking behind us to Pirates, interestingly enough. She said loud enough for my wife to hear, "some people are so *********g slow" as she blew passed. Not sure if she noticed the wheelchair we were pushing. Or if she even realized it was a child's wheelchair and not a stroller. All I know is had I heard her say that, and not been told after she'd blown passed and out of sight, I would have "apologized" for the speed at which my disabled child could roll.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    Nope, nothing happened, at least that we saw. They ran (literally) straight back into line.
    I wouldn't have gotten out of the log when the ride ended. You should have complained to the CM and requested a re-ride.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Disneyland Nomad

lol I just remember, I was walking through adventureland, and we all know how congested it gets by the treehouse some days... while I was walking in a straight line with my son in his stroller and this family was trying to rush through the crowd and walking at a diangonal at that. The aunt or even younger looking grandma, was coming too close for comfort so I tried to slow down to avoid her. She was to quick and walked into the stroller kicking it and nearly tripping on to my son. She turns around and glares at me like I did it on purpose. Another guest actually saw it (was also cut off by the same family), spoke up and said something to the effect maybe you should watch where you are walking, but it was more quippy. All I could muster was thanks for not landing on my child.
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

This wasn't someone behaving badly..but once when retrieving my wallet at city hall, a man was complaining that the CM's on a certain ride were too accommodating to a special needs person, and that it was "the worst experience he'd ever had" because he had to wait a little longer.

• Insomniac

I don't like to complain since I was always taught to just ignore people and enjoy myself, but I've had a few that made me boil over.

Once in line for Pirates a group of Girl Scouts decided to sing Girl Scout songs at the top of their lungs. After loudly telling them to shut it multiple times they finally stopped before we got on the ride. Of course I was stuck in the same boat with them and as soon as we left the dock they started up again. I then told them to shut the h*** up twice before they finally got the hint. I've never been so angry in Disneyland.

While in EPCOT I was taking a break on the lawn in World Showcase while I waited for someone in my group to go get a snack. I was laying on the grass with my eyes shut and I heard some (very heavily intoxicated) people walk up. Next thing I knew they were laying down practically on top of me posing for a picture. I guess they thought I was passed out drunk and wanted a picture of me. I was not very amused (especially since I don't drink). And the fact that they still wanted a picture of me even after they realized I was just closing my eyes really made me angry.

But beyond this I can usually ignore people's stupid behavior and still enjoy myself.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer28 View Post
    This wasn't someone behaving badly..but once when retrieving my wallet at city hall, a man was complaining that the CM's on a certain ride were too accommodating to a special needs person, and that it was "the worst experience he'd ever had" because he had to wait a little longer.
    This really makes me angry... But I do know of many people who abuse the system who don't deserve to have special treatment just because they decided to get a GAC (but this is kind of off topic).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Blew By You

I recently had a rude experience while on Storybookland. During the ride, a father was not watching what his children were doing: they were leaning way out to watch the water, standing up during the movement, the mother yelling at the father and the father really not caring to watch his children. I thought at any moment one of his kids would fall out of the boat. The ride CM had to tell the guy to please watch is children three times. His inaction to supervise his children turned a pleasant attraction into a truly scary one.

• Familymemories

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I recently had a rude experience while on Storybookland. During the ride, a father was not watching what his children were doing: they were leaning way out to watch the water, standing up during the movement, the mother yelling at the father and the father really not caring to watch his children. I thought at any moment one of his kids would fall out of the boat. The ride CM had to tell the guy to please watch is children three times. His inaction to supervise his children turned a pleasant attraction into a truly scary one.
    I too have experienced a pretty scary moment on the Sailing Ship Columbus. A parent actually set their little child on the edge of the boat. If he would have lost his grip, that child would have gone straight into the water. I mentioned to the parent that it was a bit dangerous for him to do that and he completely ignored me.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

Reading through this thread has made me glad that I got a vasectomy before I could have the "privilege" of having children.

• The doctor is in

I always enjoy listening to parents complain that their kids don't get selected for the interactive shows and stuff. After the show ends sometimes the parents are more upset than the kids. When they go to the CMs make me shake my head.

Not really anyone behaving badly on a ride. Just behaving badly in general.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Parents who force children to go on rides. If they don't want to do the ride don't make them! If you force them to go on your only reinforcing not going on. I actually didn't go on Screamin' until I was like 10 or 11. My mom was patient and let me decide when I thought I was ready.

The kids who are forced on to the rides cry during the whole ride and will never want to go on it again because of the bad experience!

• Disneyland Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    Parents who force children to go on rides. If they don't want to do the ride don't make them! If you force them to go on your only reinforcing not going on. I actually didn't go on Screamin' until I was like 10 or 11. My mom was patient and let me decide when I thought I was ready.

The kids who are forced on to the rides cry during the whole ride and will never want to go on it again because of the bad experience!
    I felt bad this little boy, he just got off thunder and he was still crying and screaming in fear. He was in hysterics, trying to claw with all his might out of the car, while his dad held him back in the seat laughing. Another member was trying to pull his hands of the platform and push him back in the seat. The rest were laughing there butts off, while all the other guests us included told them to knock it off and let him go, and they didnt listen. Finally a CM stepped in and said to stop or they would call security, that they were being dangerous. Finally they let him go and he ran sobbing off the platform. While the adults were like oh no big deal, whatever. Poor kid
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by karebear286 View Post
    I felt bad this little boy, he just got off thunder and he was still crying and screaming in fear. He was in hysterics, trying to claw with all his might out of the car, while his dad held him back in the seat laughing. Another member was trying to pull his hands of the platform and push him back in the seat. The rest were laughing there butts off, while all the other guests us included told them to knock it off and let him go, and they didnt listen. Finally a CM stepped in and said to stop or they would call security, that they were being dangerous. Finally they let him go and he ran sobbing off the platform. While the adults were like oh no big deal, whatever. Poor kid
    Geez. That is just horrible.

I don't have one that is quite that bad but I've certainly seen kids on rides who are visibly upset. The worst one I can remember is a little girl who was in hysterics after she got out of Matterhorn. Her father was laughing and saying "hey, let's go again!" and the poor kid let out a wail, screamed and started crying harder. The dad just laughed.

I know we've talked about this issue on this website before, and we've had parents come in and claim that this is healthy character building, it makes their kids face their fears, etc. I disagree. Disneyland is supposed to be fun and it's not the end of the world if your kid doesn't want to ride something. There are a lot of other ways to build character and help them face fears that don't involve making them scream and cry with terror at an amusement park.
    Last edited by Malina; 04-08-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast