• The doctor is in

World of Color dining packages

I am researching some of the dining packages for World of Color for my trip next month and am looking for some advice. I would rather not to the picnic option because I haven't seen great feedback from it, but I am having a difficult time deciding between Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria, and Carthay Circle. All three have food that sounds fine but I can't seem to picture which would give the best view of the show. I am, however, leaning more toward Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria over Carthay Circle simply because Carthay is pretty expensive.

Also, the way the website makes it sound is you have to eat prior to the show beginning and you receive your viewing ticket after you pay your bill. Is that the case? An example being if World of Color starts at 9:00pm, I would have to reserve and allow myself enough time to eat and get to the viewing area before then?

I am trying to avoid having to rush over to do the WOC FP thing. From my two previous experiences with the show the regular viewing areas suck and I would like to actually see the show this time around.

Thanks guys!
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: World of Color dining packages

Hi DrFink!

The way the WOC dining works is you have your dinner first (it can be lunch too I believe) and then head to the reserved section to view the show. If you are open to experiences and aren't worried about the bill, then I would recommend Carthay Circle. It would be a beautiful meal in amazing surroundings topped off by a lovely show!

I highly recommend contacting a Guest Services Agent at Disney Dining to help you pick the best time.

Have a wonderful trip!
    Last edited by CupcakeTerror; 04-04-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• #bringevilback

I haven't done a dinning package since they opened Carthay but there are separate sections for CC and WCT, with CC supposedly being better for viewing. Ariel's doesn't do it anymore, which is unfortunate since the price was reasonable and the food was plentiful and delicious!

Yes just want to iterate, that you won't be viewing WOC from the restaurant. You go there you eat then get to go to the reserved seating section, which is standing only room and is basically at the front of the pier so you need to know you will get wet unless you go early enough where you can stand back from railing..which is basically the same as getting a normal ticket to the blue zone area, just have to get there early enough to grab space in that area. So IMO not much of a difference unless you want to be up close and personal. I would also opt for Carthay Circle if you can afford it because the food is fantastic.

If it were me I would skip the dining pkg, go to CC for appetizers and a glass of wine and get normal WOC tickets/fast pass and line up early to get a good spot.

• Banned User

I've actually done every option minus the Ariel restaurant which I never been to. But for WOC tickets I done WCT once and CCT and the lunch package twice.

WCT and CCT I'm told the dining spots are different with CCT being better. But I also liked CCT option because its not a set package like WCT is (or was?). Instead you order whatever you want just as long as you order an entree and a appitizer OR a desert. So you have to order two items basically for the ticket. WCT are set dining packages for the ticket which isnt cheap. Obviously neither is CCT, but there is wiggle room what you pay at least but honestly you wont be paying much less regardless. But yes, I would choose CCT because besides the less restricting meal options it really is a cool place to eat and very beautiful. I ate there opening day and couldnt believe I was in DCA lol.

Also CCT, you wont be late because if you have lunch you get tickets for the 9 p.m. show only until around 5 p.m. IIRC. From 5 to 9 you get tickets for the second show which isnt until 10:15. WCT I actually ate in the fall when it was just one show and yes, our dinner was pretty late and we didnt finish until about 30 mins before the show and that was a huge mistake! But probably differnt now.

The lunch packages arent as good BUT not bad either. They were basically designed to be able to get a ticket in a decent spot without standing in line for a FP. The tickets are just normal FPs basically and was good for people who didnt want to get to the park super early just to get a decent FP. They are reasonably priced as well. I liked it when I did them, but no, it wouldnt be my first option if I had the money to go bigger.

And I would say that the dining FP you do get GREAT views now. In fact, when I first did CCT on opening day me and my friend didnt even get to the WOC viewing spot until 15 mins before the show started. We were too busy enjoying Mad T Party and didnt want to leave. And we saw WOC so many times we werent too concerned with the spot since it was the dining option anyway. But what was funny is even showing up at such a late time on probably one of DCAs biggest day in history, we had one of the most amazing spots I ever seen the show in. We were suprised how great it was and they have changed that area a lot for the dining guest. I went to that spot again in the fall and again great spot and showed up maybe 30 mins before then.

So yes if you want a great spot and dont mind paying for it, do the dining package! Show up 30 mins before at least and you should get a great view everytime.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 04-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I am researching some of the dining packages for World of Color for my trip next month and am looking for some advice. I would rather not to the picnic option because I haven't seen great feedback from it, but I am having a difficult time deciding between Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria, and Carthay Circle. All three have food that sounds fine but I can't seem to picture which would give the best view of the show. I am, however, leaning more toward Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria over Carthay Circle simply because Carthay is pretty expensive.

Also, the way the website makes it sound is you have to eat prior to the show beginning and you receive your viewing ticket after you pay your bill. Is that the case? An example being if World of Color starts at 9:00pm, I would have to reserve and allow myself enough time to eat and get to the viewing area before then?

I am trying to avoid having to rush over to do the WOC FP thing. From my two previous experiences with the show the regular viewing areas suck and I would like to actually see the show this time around.

Thanks guys!
    Editing it since I see Ariel's is back with world of Color (when did that happen? I called a few months ago and they told me it was gone).

Ariels is great... You get a TON of (good) food, and the service is great... Wine country has been hit and miss. (The food portions aren't as good, and they won't modify anything from the menu (I tried to get no Walnuts on the Salad, and was told no substitutions (I'm allergic). Ariel's has no problem with that type of request.

• Mistress of Evil

Actually, they added Ariel's Grotto again the week before Easter. I am not sure if it was something they are only doing over spring break. This is from the Disneyland website:
    World of Color Dining
    Purchase a special dinner package or pre-packaged picnic meal and secure your tickets for World of Color. Choose from a variety of menu items, enjoy a great meal and then make your way to the World of Color Viewing Area, which guarantees you a vantage point of the Performance.
    Please see the Entertainment Calendar for show times.
    World of Color Dinner Packages with Reserved Viewing
    A full-service prix fixe dinner at Wine Country Trattoria includes tickets to the Disney Dining Reserved Viewing section, which puts you in the center of Paradise Park. A World of Color lunch is also available at Wine Country Trattoria and includes tickets to the Disney Dining Reserved Viewing section.
    Upon receiving your meal, tickets indicating the location of your viewing area, performance time and the time you should return will be issued.
    Ariel's Grotto World of Color Dining
    Head "under the sea" as you descend the spiral staircase into Ariel's Grotto, an enchanting location that offers a 3-course prix fixe dinner with an American-style menu that features a range of choices from pasta to slow-roasted tri-tip.
    Guests who purchase a full-service prix fixe dinner also receive a Reserved Viewing ticket for World of Color.
    Ariel's Grotto Prix Fixe Dinner with World of Color Viewing prices are:
    $41.99 adults
    $21.99 children ages 3 to 9
    Reservations are now being accepted. Call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
    Disney Dining Details:
    One ticket per prix fixe meal. Each person in the party must order the prix fixe meal in order to obtain admission to the World of Color Reserved Viewing area.
    Guest will receive their ticket to World of Color Reserved Viewing from their server after payment of their dining experience.
    Please note that World of Color can be cancelled due to technical issues without notice. Dinner packages will not be refunded.
    Wine Country Trattoria World of Color Dining
    Experience the bounty of California wine country with a delicious 3-course dinner than includes choice of starter, entrée and dessert. Lunch includes a selection of favorites from the Italian-themed menu. Complement your meal from the wide selection of wine, at an additional cost.
    Lunch
    First and second show lunch packages (on applicable days):
    11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., first show
    2:40 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., second show
    Includes Disney Dining Reserved Viewing ticket.
    $29.99 adults
    $18.99 children ages 3 to 9
    Dinner
    First and second show dinner packages (on applicable nights):
    4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., first show
    7:05 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., second show
    Includes Disney Dining Reserved Viewing ticket.
    $41.99 adults
    $21.99 children ages 3 to 9
    Reservations are recommended; call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463.
    For all non-dining questions, please call Guest Services at (714) 781-4565.
    Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. On a limited basis, reservations may be made in person at these locations. Meals are at specified times and space is limited. No early or late admissions. Children must be accompanied by an adult. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts. Separate theme park admission is required.
    Carthay Circle World of Color Dining Packages
    At Carthay Circle Restaurant — a classic movie palace where food is the star — purchase one of the lunch or dinner combinations below to be eligible to receive a spot that grants you access to a Center Stage Viewing Area.
    Appetizer and entrée
    Entrée and dessert
    Guests dining before 7:00 p.m. receive access to the first World of Color show of the night. Guests dining between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. receive access to the second World of Color show of the night.
    World of Color Picnic Meal with Ticket to the Performance
    When you pre-order picnics online for either the first or second showing of World of Color, you will receive a ticket that secures your spot in the World of Color Viewing Area located in Paradise Park. Picnic meals may be purchased at Disneyland Resort on the same day of the show and are subject to availability. You will also receive a reusable World of Color commemorative tote bag for every 4 picnic meals ordered!
    Get details and order now from a menu that includes an assortment of options, including favorite foods for little ones.
    Snacks and Beverages
    All around Paradise Bay, find tasty treats and special World of Color snacks like flavored popcorn in a rainbow of colors, beverages in commemorative cups and amazing light-up cotton candy and glowing cold drinks.
    Cocktails
    Guests 21 and older can sip an illuminating cocktail created exclusively for World of Color in the Cove Bar at Ariel's Grotto.
    Dining seatings are at specified times and space is limited. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
    All prices, food options, services, age ranges, locations, dates, times, menus and show times subject to change without notice.
    Valid theme park admission required with dinner packages and picnic meals.

• The doctor is in

We might decide to just do lunch at Carthay Circle after all and get the WOC ticket then. We're planning on making a reservation at Cafe Orleans to see Fantasmic on Friday, so we have Monday-Thursday wide open to do WOC.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.