View Poll Results: Inverted OZ Ride: What Vehicle Design Would Float Your Magic Bubble Best

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Shimmery Floating Bubble Vehicle, Like Glenda's

6 35.29%
  • Vehicle Shaped Like Witches Broom - think suspended log ride

1 5.88%
  • Vehicle Shaped Like Glenda's Magic Wand - think suspended log ride

0 0%
  • Vehicle Shaped like Vicious Winged Baboon

1 5.88%
  • A Banana Shaped Vehicle Being Chased By A Vicious Winged Baboon

0 0%
  • Wizard's Balloon (Warning: Pops & Crashes Toward End of Film)

5 29.41%
  • Vehicle shaped like Giganormus Bucket of Theater Popcorn, with Extra Butter

0 0%
  • Vehicle Shaped Like Michael Jackson Holding Toto and a Couple of Munchkins

3 17.65%
  • Other

1 5.88%
  • No Vehicle: I'll Sing & Dance Down Yellow Brick Road w/ Scarecrow, Tinman, Antie Em & River Fairies

0 0%

• Iron-Clad Allie

Inverted OZ Ride: What Vehicle Design Would float Your Magic Bubble Best?

I'm thinking that there very well might be an Oz ride (if not an entire land) at the future 3rd DLR theme park. If so, I'm thinking an there would be an exciting Oz dark ride with stunning, breakthru effects and ride system technology. I'm thinking an inverted vehicle of some order would be awesome and fresh, perhaps a system that merges elements of Peter Pan's inverted type vehicle, Pirates of the Caribbean, Little Mermaid, Soaring Over California and together. If Disney should put such a unique mega-ride together, what type of an inverted vehicle design would you like to see it have? Feel free to discuss - a poll will soon be up.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Inverted OZ Ride: What Vehicle Design Would float Your Magic Bubble Best?

Something along the lines of a hot air balloon might be interesting!

• Minion

Saw Oz yesterday, and I Loved it despite negative reviews from film critics. I would definitely enjoy an Oz themed attraction to come to the resort.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I also loved Oz the Great & Powerful and look forward to Disney doing an attraction with it. Many years ago someone was trying to build an Oz theme park in Kansas, which failed. Then they tried to move the idea to New York state but also failed with that attempt. But--at the time--there was a rollercoaster they had in mind with the Winged Monkies that would have taken guests through the castle of the Wicked Witch of the west.

ORGOCH: Too bad somebody went an' threw cold water all over them plans!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: The OZ theme park in Kansas, would it "take you away from the outside world" like Disneyland? And if so, would guests mutter: "Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

• Chief Troublemaker

OK, I know I'm 'dating' myself, but I can't be the only one on Mice Chat that remembers POP (Pacific Ocean Park) as a little kid. They had a Skyway ride and the ride vehicles were large clear plastic bubbles. Used to scare the hinky-dink out of me, that clear bubble going out over the ocean on a cable & back. But it would be a cool ride vehicle for an Oz ride; Glinda's Magic Bubble.

BTW, they also had a magic carpet ride vehicle, in case we want to speculate about an Aladdin ride LOL.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm thinking that there very well might be an Oz ride (if not an entire land) at the future 3rd DLR theme park.
    You sound very confident that there will be a 3rd gate..

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I see you were able to get your poll up, RW.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I am too, otherwise there'd be strawberries growing in a field off Harbor and Katella right now.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    Something along the lines of a hot air balloon might be interesting!
    Indeed....as long as it doesn't get holes in it and crash to the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Saw Oz yesterday, and I Loved it despite negative reviews from film critics. I would definitely enjoy an Oz themed attraction to come to the resort.
    All fantasy adventure flicks don't have to be non-general family and R rated in order to be exciting and entertaining. I like the fact that the film delivers the value of magic as something we can each produce naturally with our hearts and innovative minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I also loved Oz the Great & Powerful and look forward to Disney doing an attraction with it. Many years ago someone was trying to build an Oz theme park in Kansas, which failed. Then they tried to move the idea to New York state but also failed with that attempt. But--at the time--there was a rollercoaster they had in mind with the Winged Monkies that would have taken guests through the castle of the Wicked Witch of the west.

ORGOCH: Too bad somebody went an' threw cold water all over them plans!
    A coaster that would have travelrd thru the castle of the Wicked Witch of the West would have been the ultimate dark ride experience. Well, I always reason that there's a reason for everything, and i think Disney will Imagineer a future OZ ride that will raise the bar, even over rides like the Wizarding world of Harry Potter.

[QUOTE=CaliforniaAdventurer;1056953546]Re: The OZ theme park in Kansas, would it "take you away from the outside world" like Disneyland? And if so, would guests mutter:"Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."[/ QUOTE]

Kansas would not have even barely compared with the Oz ride I believe Disney is destined to produce. And yes, everyone will chime, "Dorothy, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    OK, I know I'm 'dating' myself, but I can't be the only one on Mice Chat that remembers POP (Pacific Ocean Park) as a little kid. They had a Skyway ride and the ride vehicles were large clear plastic bubbles. Used to scare the hinky-dink out of me, that clear bubble going out over the ocean on a cable & back. But it would be a cool ride vehicle for an Oz ride; Glinda's Magic Bubble.

BTW, they also had a magic carpet ride vehicle, in case we want to speculate about an Aladdin ride LOL.
    Pacific Ocean Park's large clear plastic bubbles that travelled out over the ocean on a cable & back were way ahead of their time. Disney will likely add an element of thrill to their future ride, yet maintain a balanced approach that has grandma and grandpa and general audiences abxious to ride it over and over again.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    To me, it's not a matter of "if" but "when".

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I see you were able to get your poll up, RW.
    Wouldn't want to let anyone down.

I am too, otherwise there'd be strawberries growing in a field off Harbor and Katella right now.
    Strawberies are delicious, but Disneyland is a magically delicious habbit that cannot be broken.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

What if the third park's theme is a Strawberry Patch where everything goes terribly wrong...

• Iron-Clad Allie

What if the third park's theme is a Strawberry Patch where everything goes terribly wrong...
    That would be the berries. I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

• -

How about an inverted flume ride? They give people SCUBA gear, strap them into the boats, and then turn the boats upside down in the water.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    How about an inverted flume ride? They give people SCUBA gear, strap them into the boats, and then turn the boats upside down in the water.
    When I described a couple of the poll options as being suspended flume log vehicles, I meant "inverted as in the Peter Pan ride. I didn't mean to go so far as to turn the logs (or boats) upside down in mid-air and dump the guests down into the ride set! Heavens!