Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• New Mommy

Re: Magic of Disney from other guests

What a wonderful way to celebrate that CMs life, spreading the magic. Thank you for sharing!

I just love these stories!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker View Post
    My son always enjoys checking out the pressed penny machine in the store at the end of Buzz. One day while he was turning the handle a young guy (early 20's) walked up a put in the quarters and the penny then turned around and gave the penny to my son and then walked away. My son was sooo excited.
    Awww!

What an excellent idea for a thread! It's good to remember that people really can be amazing sometimes.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• formerly very helpful

^^Agreed. There are times I can really use hearing stories like these.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Recently, a group of friends and I went to Disneyland to celebrate the life of a CM friend who had recently passed away, commited random acts of kindness by buying lucky guests balloons. My CM friend who worked in ODV and often selling balloons.
    That is the most beautiful story....

• Sultan of Swing

Last year in May on my sister's birthday we went to the resort. Since we are Pass Holders we decided to go to DCA. The first ride we went on was Soarin'. While waiting in the queue a older gentleman with a younger woman. He noticed my sisters birthday pin and made sure all the CMs we passed by and other guests knew it was her birthday and at least said "Happy Birthday!". When we finally got to a halt in line he told us this story, I found it amusing...my sister embarrassed not so much. Anyways the story was about a girl the day before was celebrating her birthday too. She rode her favorite ride Soarin' and it turned out to be her last. Supposedly she fell to her death. My sister gave this awkward "Okay" and hid behind me. I started laughing and we were then split. It was a good day.
    I found it magical my sister not so much. I told her that is what she get for having the Birthday Pin(even though I got it for her). She knew she was going to get attention.
    Always read the fine print.

•   
    • Minion

I love this thread. Thank you for starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I love this thread. Thank you for starting it.
    I love it, too! Credit goes to FolsomFan for the idea of the thread.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by DannyeF View Post
    I love it, too! Credit goes to FolsomFan for the idea of the thread.
    Thanks for starting it! I am hoping we get more stories.

• New Member Goes Forth

I have to say that sometimes, another guest can make an attraction memorable
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

My boyfriend and I attend the parks alone, just us two and since Photopass is so expensive, usually we end up with a lot of solo shots, one of him, one of me, but never together. Well we went to the Halloween Party this last year and dressed up as Aurora and Prince Phillip. It meant a ton to me because he hates dressing up and he surprised me with his costume. Well we were taking our turns taking our picture of each other nearby the castle and an older gentleman with a walker shuffles up to us and says, "That's only half a picture you have there! A princess needs her prince!" And he proceeded to take a few pictures of us. So now I finally have a few pictures of us together in our costumes on that very special night thanks to that small gesture by a kind man!

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLady View Post
    My boyfriend and I attend the parks alone, just us two and since Photopass is so expensive, usually we end up with a lot of solo shots, one of him, one of me, but never together. Well we went to the Halloween Party this last year and dressed up as Aurora and Prince Phillip. It meant a ton to me because he hates dressing up and he surprised me with his costume. Well we were taking our turns taking our picture of each other nearby the castle and an older gentleman with a walker shuffles up to us and says, "That's only half a picture you have there! A princess needs her prince!" And he proceeded to take a few pictures of us. So now I finally have a few pictures of us together in our costumes on that very special night thanks to that small gesture by a kind man!
    It is really nice that the passerby snapped a picture of you and your boyfriend.

Perhaps you are not aware of the fact that the Photopass Photographers will be happy to take a picture of you, using your camera. All you need to do is ask.

I have always thought this was one of the best additions to the parks. Photographers, at a lot of great locations who will assist you, so you can indeed be in your pictures. Sure you can use their service and pay for their photos, but you don't have to.

I always come home with a lot of pictures of myself now, and I travel alone a lot. This is due in most part to the great Photopass photographers.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Ready for takeoff

Sometimes all it takes is one person to make a day magical!

It was back in '84 or '85 and I was riding the Matterhorn when my wallet fell out of my pocket. Missed it during the rest of my vacation, but when I got home it was waiting for me as it came in the mail. Don't remember if the money was returned or not, but all of my cards and drivers license were returned. Thank you to whoever turned it in!

• formerly very helpful

You need to post that photo now. Last year my daughter (7 at the time) and I spent a couple of days together to see Cars Land for our first time. Of course, the crowds were madness. We were gearing up for a multi-hour wait. However, an older couple we had spoken to earlier noticed us waaaaaaaaaay back in line. Somehow they had gotten close to the front. They offered for my daughter and I to join them in line. Is it wrong that we took them up on the offer? Anyway, we appreciated it lots, and it made my time with my daughter that much nicer when I got to explain to her that some people actually are nice to others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast