Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Magic of Disney from other guests

Copy-Paste from another thread last year:

This is a real event that happened to me on Thursday at around 6:50 PM at the Carnation Cafe. I will show the receipt at the end just to prove that this is real.

- - - - -

(I was eating dinner at the Carnation Cafe, and I was dining alone. I didn't own a credit card yet because I was only 16 years old, and both my parents and I agreed to wait until I was a bit older until I got one, so I always paid in cash. It would also be the first time I would eat at a sit-down restaurant on my own, so I was a little bit nervous. By the time I was about to eat, I only had exactly $20 left in my wallet, and the meal I was paying for nearly took my entire $20, including tax, leaving me with only 95 cents once I did calculations on my phone.)

(Waitress comes up to me while I'm eating.)

Waitress: "Are you finding everything alright, sir?"

Me: "Yes, the food's very good, thank you for asking."

(As she is walking away, I suddenly realized that I may not have enough money to tip her.)

Me: “Excuse me ma’am, I have a question.”

Waitress: “Yes?”

Me: “Am I supposed to tip you, because I don’t think I have enough money left. You see, I only have $20 and the meal I paid for will leave me with only 95 cents.”

Waitress: (Gives me a warm smile) “Oh don’t worry about it, the tip is already included with the bill!”

Me: “Really? I don’t have to give you any physical tips or anything like that? Because I really thought I had to give you one.”

Waitress: “Don’t worry about it! Like I said, tips are already included with the bill. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me! Please do enjoy your meal!”

(She walks away with a smile on her face. A couple sitting in the table right next to me paid attention to the whole conversation.”

Husband: “Hey, uh…excuse me sir…”

(I turn in their direction. He is leaning towards me with a few $1 bills in his hand.”

Husband: “Here, take this. My wife and I overheard your conversation with your waitress. She was really nice and friendly, and we felt a little sorry when we also heard that you wanted to tip her but didn’t have the money. Please, do take this.”

Me: (Stretches out arm and holds the money. Using my thumb, I leaf through it and find out they were giving me $10 to tip my waitress. I was dumbfounded.) “Why, that’s really kind of you sir, but I couldn’t. I wouldn’t!”

Husband: (He shakes his head in a friendly sort of way, and pushes the money towards me.) “No, really, I do insist that you tip your waitress. (He gives me a reassuring nod.)

Me: “T-thank you…thank you so much. How can I ever repay you?”

Husband: “You don’t need to pay me back. Honest. You both really needed it.”

(I finish my meal and when my waitress comes over to my table to get the bill)

Me: “Here, take this tip. I really do want you to take it! It came through the kindness of others.”

Waitress: (She turns to all three of us. I think she saw the conversation.) “Thank you. I’ll go get your bill and hope all of you have a wonderful night!” (She gave us a little wave as she left.)

(She go gets the bill and I pay for the meal, getting my last 95 cents as calculated.)

Me: (To husband) “Please, I know it’s not much, but take this 95 cents.”

Husband: (Waves me off) “No no, I can’t. Keep the change. You’ll never know when you’ll need those coins.”

(I tried again to give my change to him, but the same reaction.)

Me: “Well, I know this isn’t much as well, but please have my thanks, and have a great night!”

(I wave to them as I leave the restaurant and they wave back. I still have that receipt to this day to remind me of the kindness a couple brought to me in a tight spot.)

- - - - -

I believe the 'Guest Count is 3 because the waitress included the Husband and Wife since they pitched in to help with the tip.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

My husband I and were at Disney Hollywood Studios for the first time and I really wanted to go on the Rock n Roller Coaster. It was Spring Break and the lines were huge and the fastpasses gone. We got in line anyway. Out of nowhere a nice British couple approached us and gave us their fastpasses saying they weren't going to use them. That was just the best!

On another note, I was reading up for my trip to Tokyo Disney and I learned that the Japanese Disney fans are really in to Duffy and Chip and Dale. Before I left for my trip I bought some Duffy and Chip and Dale pins to take with me. When I met kids who would practice their English with me I would give them a pin. They loved it! There was one young girl totally decked out in her Chip and Dale finery. She had a hat, t-shirt, backpack, water bottle holder. She was so cute. I came up to her and gave her my Chip and Dale pin, she put it on right away and was so happy. I ran in to her later in the day and she still said "Thank You" and pointed to her pin. It was so much fun for me.
    Last edited by ratoncitaloca; 04-11-2013 at 09:22 PM.

​This thread is fantastic. I'm so happy to hear about good people!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I believe the 'Guest Count is 3 because the waitress included the Husband and Wife since they pitched in to help with the tip.
    I believe the Guest Count is 3 because the waitress wants a larger share of the the tip pool.

• Not the Fallen

This may seem silly, but when I arrived to the park on Monday, I was waiting in line for Pirates. A little boy, a little girl, and their parents were waiting in front of me. The kids turned around and were in awe over my Star Wars lanyard. The little boy proceeded to tell me about his Chewbacca backpack, his thoughts on the new films, and was showing me how great and knowledgeable he is with light sabers.
    I was incredibly impressed by the kids, as they were both well-behaved and friendly toward me. I really appreciate that while standing in line. Made my day.

A couple of years ago my wife and I (who share the same birthday) decided to go to Disneyland. It was during the promotion where you could get in free on your birthday. The Castmember at the ticket booth wouldn't give me a ticket until I put on the birthday button. I wasn't too excited about wearing a button all day but she honestly wouldn't give me the ticket until the button was pinned to my shirt and I promised that I wouldn't take it off. I finally agreed.

I honestly was going to take off the button once we entered the park but was greeted with an enthusiastic "Happy Birthday" from the Castmember at the entrance. I don't think that we made it down Main Street without hearing "Happy Birthday" from at least 10 random strangers. It was AWESOME! We even recieved birthday cupcakes from the waitress at the Blue Bayou during dinner because she noticed our buttons.

So many wonderful memories occured that day but there was one that stood out from all of the others. Apparently in the spring (our birthday is in April) there is a cheerleading competition held at the Anaheim Convention Center. Naturally a lot of the groups end up over at Disneyland. Sometimes they wear their uniforms but a lot of times they just wear regular clothes.

We were in Disney's California Adventure (yes, at the time it was Disney's California Adventure) and waiting in line to ride California Screaming. The line was long and we were just waiting and making our way through the maze up to the ride. I kept noticing different groups of the teenagers in front of us looking at us and whispering to their friends. I honestly thought that they were making jokes about us for wearing birthday buttons at our age (mid 40s).

We got up towards the front of the line and the teenagers all took their spots to get on the next ride. We weren't going to be on the same coaster as them but on the next coaster. The coaster pulled up and the people started unloading. All of a sudden the whole group of teenagers turned around and started clapping in unison and sang us Happy Birthday in what I would describe as a cheerleading cheer. The Castmember actually had to hold the coaster for them to finish.

At first I had no idea what they were doing. It took me a few seconds! Then they finished the cheer, hopped into their seats, and off the coaster went. When we got into the coaster the Castmember remarked how cool that was! And I thought they were making fun of us! That was probably one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me on my birthday (and I've had a lot of them . I think that most teenagers are GREAT. You only hear about the bad ones.

If you are ever in the park on your birthday - WEAR THE BUTTON!

How cool is that!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwillard View Post
    A couple of years ago my wife and I (who share the same birthday) decided to go to Disneyland. It was during the promotion where you could get in free on your birthday. The Castmember at the ticket booth wouldn't give me a ticket until I put on the birthday button. I wasn't too excited about wearing a button all day but she honestly wouldn't give me the ticket until the button was pinned to my shirt and I promised that I wouldn't take it off. I finally agreed.

I honestly was going to take off the button once we entered the park but was greeted with an enthusiastic "Happy Birthday" from the Castmember at the entrance. I don't think that we made it down Main Street without hearing "Happy Birthday" from at least 10 random strangers. It was AWESOME! We even recieved birthday cupcakes from the waitress at the Blue Bayou during dinner because she noticed our buttons.

So many wonderful memories occured that day but there was one that stood out from all of the others. Apparently in the spring (our birthday is in April) there is a cheerleading competition held at the Anaheim Convention Center. Naturally a lot of the groups end up over at Disneyland. Sometimes they wear their uniforms but a lot of times they just wear regular clothes.

We were in Disney's California Adventure (yes, at the time it was Disney's California Adventure) and waiting in line to ride California Screaming. The line was long and we were just waiting and making our way through the maze up to the ride. I kept noticing different groups of the teenagers in front of us looking at us and whispering to their friends. I honestly thought that they were making jokes about us for wearing birthday buttons at our age (mid 40s).

We got up towards the front of the line and the teenagers all took their spots to get on the next ride. We weren't going to be on the same coaster as them but on the next coaster. The coaster pulled up and the people started unloading. All of a sudden the whole group of teenagers turned around and started clapping in unison and sang us Happy Birthday in what I would describe as a cheerleading cheer. The Castmember actually had to hold the coaster for them to finish.

At first I had no idea what they were doing. It took me a few seconds! Then they finished the cheer, hopped into their seats, and off the coaster went. When we got into the coaster the Castmember remarked how cool that was! And I thought they were making fun of us! That was probably one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me on my birthday (and I've had a lot of them . I think that most teenagers are GREAT. You only hear about the bad ones.

If you are ever in the park on your birthday - WEAR THE BUTTON!

Love it!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    My husband I and were at Disney Hollywood Studios for the first time and I really wanted to go on the Rock n Roller Coaster. It was Spring Break and the lines were huge and the fastpasses gone. We got in line anyway. Out of nowhere a nice British couple approached us and gave us their fastpasses saying they weren't going to use them. That was just the best!

On another note, I was reading up for my trip to Tokyo Disney and I learned that the Japanese Disney fans are really in to Duffy and Chip and Dale. Before I left for my trip I bought some Duffy and Chip and Dale pins to take with me. When I met kids who would practice their English with me I would give them a pin. They loved it! There was one young girl totally decked out in her Chip and Dale finery. She had a hat, t-shirt, backpack, water bottle holder. She was so cute. I came up to her and gave her my Chip and Dale pin, she put it on right away and was so happy. I ran in to her later in the day and she still said "Thank You" and pointed to her pin. It was so much fun for me.
    とてもクール!

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    とてもクール!

私 は 同 意
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123