Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• N/A

Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

The official company policy is that it is only allowed in designated smoking areas. There are certainly arguments either way but the fact remains that the current policy is electronic cigarettes are only to be used in designated smoking areas.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    I believe the issue here is not the effect of vaping has "physically" on others, rather it's the "act" of simulated smoking that is condemned. Now that smoking is considered a vice and not fit for the eyes of impressionable children in our era, this is probably the reason why e-cigs get lumped in with cigarettes. Disney does not care how you consume your fix, just do it out of the sight of others and go to the smoking area. I personally would not mind if you stood next to me in a queue with an e-cig, but I don't have any children asking me what you are doing or quietly watching you doing it.
    It must be hard for any family with a TV or who goes out in public to shield their children completely from sex, drugs, rock n roll, alcohol, tobacco and e cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It must be hard for any family with a TV or who goes out in public to shield their children completely from sex, drugs, rock n roll, alcohol, tobacco and e cigarettes.
    I would say it is down right impossible. But now you can put parental controls and locks on TV and internet content. Disney and WB go back and edit their old cartoons so that the act of smoking is no longer depicted etc... Don't expect a company like Disney to just sit back and wait to be sued by a parent who said it's their fault their kid got hooked on smoking. Remember in the era we live in, it's McDonald's fault why you or your child got fat. It's sad that this is just how things are now.

• Returning Member

If asked by security, or anyone for that matter, I would quickly comply, but I've personally never had an issue. That said, I do it on the "down low" and am cognizant of how families with children might react, etc.

Thanks for all the input guys.

the reason we cast members still have to tell the guest that they need to put it out and move to a smoking area because guest around you still may not feel comfortable around it. and when im working in attractions we have to be extra strict about it because we once had to stop a ride due to a guest smoking an e-cig and the CM monitoring the camera believed it was smoke which is a cause to shut down the ride. and there have also be times where we found legit cigs cleverly hidden in e-cigs. so we have to demand that you put it out. the way i say to the guest "i understand its an electronic cig and its only vapor, but we still have to have you obey our designated smoking rules."

if you have a question for an attractions CM, feel free to message me, i work Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Thunder, Disneyland Railroad

•   
    • Minion

I use a e-cig from time to time. When I do it I treat it like a real cigarette. So I do it in designated areas. If I were to use it at DL I would move to the smoking areas mainly because I would probably be leading a bad example if using it elsewhere.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    the reason we cast members still have to tell the guest that they need to put it out and move to a smoking area because guest around you still may not feel comfortable around it. and when im working in attractions we have to be extra strict about it because we once had to stop a ride due to a guest smoking an e-cig and the CM monitoring the camera believed it was smoke which is a cause to shut down the ride. and there have also be times where we found legit cigs cleverly hidden in e-cigs. so we have to demand that you put it out. the way i say to the guest "i understand its an electronic cig and its only vapor, but we still have to have you obey our designated smoking rules."
    This

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

The bottom line is the e - cigs should be treated as regular cigarettes because if a CM talked to a guest with a regular cigarette and not the guest with the e - cig, there would be some angry guests. They would ask, "Why me and not them?"
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

I've been using a Vea "ecig" for a few years. The juice is made in Wisconsin, by Johnson Creek, all the ingredients are made in the USA. They offer a "Red Oak" juice line that is PG free. Simple ingredients that I think are FDA approved for food use. Problem is this ecig thing is new and it has not been approved by the FDA yet. This vapor that is produced by the ecig is like how those fog machines work on theater stages and some attractions. It's not smoke, its vapor. When I use mine in public places, it produces such a tiny amount in just a few seconds when I exhale that no one even sees it. There is no smell at all, nothing left behind. I use it everywhere, I can even hold the vapor in for a few seconds and no vapor comes out of my mouth at all. My Vea looks nothing like an analog cigarette and I'm against companies making them look like a real cigarette. It's not a cigarette, doesn't taste, smell or look like one. It's a personal nicotine delivery device, similar to the way nicotine inhalers, gum and mints work (and those are all FDA approved now). The real problem is people don't know what it is, they assume it might be dangerous because it looks like a cigarette, this makes people hate them right off the bat. If most people hate them, they will be banned. Please don't hate my Vea "ecig".

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo2470 View Post
    It's not a cigarette, doesn't taste, smell or look like one. It's a personal nicotine delivery device, similar to the way nicotine inhalers, gum and mints work (and those are all FDA approved now). The real problem is people don't know what it is, they assume it might be dangerous because it looks like a cigarette, this makes people hate them right off the bat.
    No, the real problem is that unlike these other devices, an electronic cigarette has the potential to impact the experience of others nearby. People have a right to control what substances enter their system, and the release of nicotine-rich vapor into their air supply without their consent violates that right. This would hold true even if not for the fact that there's uncertainty about the presence of various potentially toxic or carcinogenic chemicals in electronic cigarettes.

You have the right to consume these substances if you wish. Others have the right to decline if they wish. Confining electronic cigarettes to smoking sections allows people to enjoy the parks without waiving these rights.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    No, the real problem is that unlike these other devices, an electronic cigarette has the potential to impact the experience of others nearby. People have a right to control what substances enter their system, and the release of nicotine-rich vapor into their air supply without their consent violates that right. This would hold true even if not for the fact that there's uncertainty about the presence of various potentially toxic or carcinogenic chemicals in electronic cigarettes.

You have the right to consume these substances if you wish. Others have the right to decline if they wish. Confining electronic cigarettes to smoking sections allows people to enjoy the parks without waiving these rights.
    This.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I have not seen them in the parks, yet, but I have seen in my college and they are everywhere. I think the younger generations don't want to deal with the nasty stuff that's in a cigarette. Me I don't smoke and don't plan too, but I think that people, if it has nicotine or not, should use those in smoking areas only. If not your are exposing families to the idea of smoking in an environment that should be free from them (the theme parks).
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Evil is Sexy

There were two gentlemen standing in BLAB on Sunday sharing one of these in the queue just ahead of us. At first, I was unsure what it was as it looked like a very clever and small water hookah. They were also trying to be sneaky about using it (though not about exhaling their smoke.) There was no noticable smell, so I refrained from saying anything - but if the company policy is to only use them in designated areas, I will let a CM know should I see it again.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Closed Account

The cast members will still ask you to move to the smoking section. It doesn't matter if you are puffing a lit straw, it's still smoking, and it belongs in the smoking section according to Disneyland policy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    The bottom line is the e - cigs should be treated as regular cigarettes because if a CM talked to a guest with a regular cigarette and not the guest with the e - cig, there would be some angry guests. They would ask, "Why me and not them?"
    Exactly. Smokers would see other people wandering around with what looked like a cigarette, and it would make them think that they were free to light up anywhere.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast