Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 99
  1. #46

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Your rights end where Disney's property begins. If they want to ban all smoking, vaping, and eating of lettuce on their property it's well within their rights to do so.

    I do sympathize with the idea that even if it's just vapor it looks like a cigarette, and so you might as well just go to the smoking area. I think it's a bit different from drinks because cigarettes, or e-cigs, are pretty obviously for one purpose (inhaling smoke/vapor) and when you're a kid and you see someone drinking you kind of assume it's juice or water or something.

  2. #47

    •   
    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    314

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by micvicfaust View Post
    So once again even if you try to do the right thing and switch to an Ecig, you are wrong because of someone else's perception of your attempt to quit or reduce the harm to others and they force you into an environment of second hand smoke and toxins you have eliminated by switching to an Ecig.
    Disney's policy isn't about telling people they're "wrong". It's about giving guests the option of enjoying the parks without inhaling others' drugs. You can play the martyr card, or you can realize that just like you dont want to inhale others' smoke, there are people who dont want to inhale your vapor.

    What about the people who chew and spit in the bushes all over the park or Cus or are rude and obnoxious or cut lines or ruin a ride for there own pleasures....
    Disney prohibits these things, too, as they should. From the maps freely available at the entrances to both parks:

    "Courtesy We work hard to offer a comfortable, safe and enjoyable experience for all our Guests. Please assist us by showing common courtesy to fellow Park Guests. Please be respectful of others. Do not use profanity or engage in unsafe, illegal or offensive behavior."

    Quote Originally Posted by micvicfaust View Post
    It is NOT SMOKE!! So you can not call it SMOKING!! Nothing is burning, no carbon or tar or chemicals...just the PERCEPTION of one's own wants to control others rights.
    You're right that it is not smoke, but the FDA disagrees with your assessment of there being no "chemicals" in the vapor, by which I assume you specifically mean carcinogenic or toxic chemicals. Harmful chemicals, many of them tobacco byproducts, have been found in many electronic cigarettes.

    source

    Again, it's your right to put these substances into your body, but it's Disney's right to provide guests with the option not to do so.
    Last edited by CMinParadise; 05-23-2013 at 03:15 PM.

  3. #48

    • ...and the Flowers Croon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    149

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    I just chew nicotine gum while in the park. Problem solved.

  4. #49

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    When you're a kid and you see someone drinking you kind of assume it's juice or water or something.
    Even as a kid, I never made assumptions about whether adults were drinking soft drinks or alcohol, especially not strangers at a place like Disney. I didn't think about it at all.

  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vista,Ca.
    Posts
    55

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    "You can play the martyr card"

    No Martyr here just an opinion of someone who doesn't pretend to shame others to their way of thinking.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

  6. #51

    •   
    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    314

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    I apologize if I misinterpreted your tone, but the remainder of my post stands.

  7. #52

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Vista,Ca.
    Posts
    55

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Apology accepted...Let me explain, I am 59 and have been going to Disneyland since it opened, I knew it when Walt walked the streets and when it hit its low points, I would like to think it s part of the fabric of who I am today...I see it is a great park, but what I don't understand is why we have to judge others and corral the destain of others from what we don't want our children to see, my children and your children are the ones who have become the people of today, what they see and hear everyday on the social web far out ways what they will see or hear in a day at Disneyland.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

  8. #53

    •   
    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    314

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by micvicfaust View Post
    I see it is a great park, but what I don't understand is why we have to judge others and corral the destain of others from what we don't want our children to see, my children and your children are the ones who have become the people of today, what they see and hear everyday on the social web far out ways what they will see or hear in a day at Disneyland.
    I agree that "because children shouldn't see people vaping" isn't a good reason to limit the activity to smoking areas. And again, the policy isn't about judgment. It just makes it possible for guests to decide whether they want to inhale electronic cigarette vapor in the parks.

  9. #54

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    207

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Once, this group of 3 were vaping on the tram to the parking structure... Just right there, in front of everyone and several young kids. Ugh, smoking is just ugly to me, and I don't want my kids to think that it is okay to do anywhere. I don't care if it is done discretely, but u have seen people puffing away at them in very inappropriate places. Personally, I think it is obnoxious and should be contained in a specific area.

  10. #55

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,007

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by MochaCat View Post
    Once, this group of 3 were vaping on the tram to the parking structure... Just right there, in front of everyone and several young kids. Ugh, smoking is just ugly to me, and I don't want my kids to think that it is okay to do anywhere. I don't care if it is done discretely, but u have seen people puffing away at them in very inappropriate places. Personally, I think it is obnoxious and should be contained in a specific area.
    I don't know but this is incredibly hot to me :
    Name:  lanasmoke6605.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  37.3 KB
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

  11. #56

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    Disney's policy isn't about telling people they're "wrong". It's about giving guests the option of enjoying the parks without inhaling others' drugs. You can play the martyr card, or you can realize that just like you dont want to inhale others' smoke, there are people who dont want to inhale your vapor.

    You're right that it is not smoke, but the FDA disagrees with your assessment of there being no "chemicals" in the vapor, by which I assume you specifically mean carcinogenic or toxic chemicals. Harmful chemicals, many of them tobacco byproducts, have been found in many electronic cigarettes.

    source

    Again, it's your right to put these substances into your body, but it's Disney's right to provide guests with the option not to do so.
    I think this is the crux of it. e-cigs are fairly new. There's still new information coming out about them and some of the reliable sources are stating that they're not so benign as people claim. I don't care if someone vapes, I just don't want to have to inhale it on a ride, on line, etc. The same way I don't care if someone smokes 5 packs a day, I just don't want to have to inhale that smoke and share their habit.

    Also, it's been mentioned earlier that from a distance it is hard to tell a cigarette from an e-cig. Allowing e-cigs everywhere in the park might run the risk of having smokers see it and say "well, I guess I can light up here, too." It also has the risk of prompting arguments with guests vs. CMs (example: CM: "please put your cigarette out, ma'am?" Guest: "WHy can't I smoke? That guy over there is smoking! You're singling me out!").
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  12. #57

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    I agree that "because children shouldn't see people vaping" isn't a good reason to limit the activity to smoking areas. And again, the policy isn't about judgment. It just makes it possible for guests to decide whether they want to inhale electronic cigarette vapor in the parks.
    This. It's not "think of the children!" at all. It's "think of those who don't want to inhale this stuff." Maybe at some point they will need a vaping area separate from the smoking area for people who want to do this.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  13. #58

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    I don't see a problem with it. The reason smoking is banished to far off corners of the park is to avoid having a physical effect on other park guests and to kill the smell which is obvious. But vaping however doesn't really have either. It's mostly odorless (unless it's got a flavor, which usually smell decent), and the 2nd hand effects on park guests is non existent.

    Am I saying it's okay to vap in the middle of a huge crowd? Obviously not, it's one thing to smoke cleaner cigs, but being obnoxious is another. However if somebody found a spot with no people that wasn't a designated smoking area, I think it's fine.


  14. #59

    • Hot FIRE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    268

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    now now. lets all remember that Walt Disney himself was an active smoker. Yes, the man who built Disneyland was a smoker.
    And He had a mustache as well but his own employees couldn't have one...He made the park, he made the rules and as such we do our best to enfocre them.

    Quote Originally Posted by micvicfaust View Post
    So once again even if you try to do the right thing and switch to an Ecig, you are wrong because of someone else's perception of your attempt to quit or reduce the harm to others and they force you into an environment of second hand smoke and toxins you have eliminated by switching to an Ecig. What about the people who chew and spit in the bushes all over the park or Cus or are rude and obnoxious or cut lines or ruin a ride for there own pleasures....The looking glass has two sides.
    oh I do my best to remind guests to not spit/cut or swear in line and yes I was called out for being uptight about it but it needs to be said out of fairness. Furthermore try explaining to the very family that's complaining that you're "smoking" that it's not and see how well that goes...

    personally I'm tolerant of many things but when I'm on the clock, I'll enforce rules.

    As I see it.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    867

    Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

    Funnily enough, when I was at Magic Kingdom on the 18th in line for Space Mountain, I saw this guy two "groups" ahead of me smoking in line. I was thinking to myself, at first, "The nerve of some people" and considered reporting him when we would get near a CM. But as I watched this cigarette, the glow seemed too bright for a normal one. Despite the "smoke" rising from it, I realized it was an electronic one and said nothing. Especially since before we continued moving, he put it away. Handy enough, right? One you can put in your pocket for later and it won't burn a hole. Reminds me of Johnny Depp's character in The Tourist.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Paris electronic brochure
    By Olivier in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
  2. Disneyland Paris Crowds at Easter?
    By Richfield Autopia in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 03:06 PM
  3. Disneyland Refurbishments
    By Disneyland RR Guy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
  4. Disneyland's 50th Birthday Celebration
    By mamabot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 11:32 PM
  5. Disneyland Articles
    By MrLiver in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 12:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •