Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

Since vaping is not smoking, no rules have been broken and until Disney puts that word in their rules, legally there is nothing they can do.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I just vape until security tells me to go to a smoking section, where I then apologize and politely agree with him or her.

I then ignore them completely and just go somewhere private, there's plenty of hide-a-ways around the parks

I don't do this to be a jerk,
    Actually you are. You are saying the rules don't apply to you. If you have a problem, work with Disney to change the rules. Your excuses are the same ones drug abusers use. "There's nothing wrong with it, they just don't understand, I'm just going to do it and dare them to come after me."
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   

"Legally", Disney can feel free to allow or prohibit electronic cigarettes as they desire, micvicfaust. It's private property. There is no law that states Disney can only enforce rules that are publicly written down for guests to see.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by micvicfaust View Post
    Since vaping is not smoking, no rules have been broken and until Disney puts that word in their rules, legally there is nothing they can do.
    Actually there is. It is no different than if you came in my house and insisted on using it. I can ask you to leave, I can also trespass you. In Disney's case, they can confiscate your ticket/AP. When they trespass you, you are banned from property for a year.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Yes they have that right,but then I would also have the right to sue them in court since Disneyland is not a private home and is serving the General Public for profit they do fall under stronger rules of Law, they would have to prove that Vaping is Smoking and falls under their current rules,the expense for them to layout just to prove the difference would be far greater than to just change the wording of their signs to include Vaping. Then I could still sue them to prove that Vaping is Harmful to others and what is the risk to them to allow it in their parks. The bottom line is the bottom line...they would have to decide that.

• Minion

Yes they have that right,but then I would also have the right to sue them in court since Disneyland is not a private home and is serving the General Public for profit they do fall under stronger rules of Law, they would have to prove that Vaping is Smoking and falls under their current rules,the expense for them to layout just to prove the difference would be far greater than to just change the wording of their signs to include Vaping. Then I could still sue them to prove that Vaping is Harmful to others and what is the risk to them to allow it in their parks. The bottom line is the bottom line...they would have to decide that.
    Good luck.

•   

And you would attempt to do all this? Interesting.

No, I would not take legal action, unless Disney to it to the extremes...the point is if you are going to spout the rules and opinions make sure to speak from facts and not emotion or personal wants.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok folks this thread has gone on a good long while and has been bordering on breaking site rules.... its now treading into some dangerous territory and I foresee that tempers are going to get more heated (mine already is) and it can only go downhill from here. These kinds of topics always bring out strong emotions on both sides. And while discussion from both sides can be enlightening, once it gets to the point that its only "shouting to have your own side prevail" its time for a break.

Therefore, at least for the time being this thread will be close to give people time to chill out. IF it is reopened.... and thats a big IF, it will be moved to the litterbox.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567