Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Returning Member

Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

I gave up smoking many years ago, however I now occasionally use electronic cigarets. Has anyone ever been hassled for using these at Disneyland, or been asked to go to a smoking section? Just curious.

As you may or may not know, an electronic cigaret only emits water vapor. There is no smoke, tar, etc.

Re: Electronic Cigaretes - Vaping at Disneyland

I see people around all the time smoking them. I used them once in the smoking areas and it was fine. But still, i see people smoking them everywhere.

They are becoming more common, and more identifiable these days. But I do still think the average person would look at you with disgust if they saw you vaping. I think cast members would politely ask you to move to a smoking section, even if they knew it was an E-Cig.

I used the E-Cig to quit smoking myself almost 3 years ago. My recommendation to anyone using it would be to treat it like a real cig. Don't use when or where you wouldn't normally smoke a real cig. Not in the home, not in your car (if that's your thing), and certainly not in any public area where you're not allowed to smoke. The purpose of the E-Cig, in my opinion, is not to be more free to smoke, but to quit smoking altogether

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• -

It's not just the emissions (which studies have shown are questionable), but the perception. To avoid a confrontation due to it being perceived as the real thing, it's best to just avoid any confrontation by going to the designated smoking area.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Yes, with this I agree.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

America is so polarized now. You have some smokers who can smoke when and wherever they please because that's their God given right. Now you also have non-smokers who will make sure everyone who is within a smoke shot of a cigarette knows they will get cancer.

Based on that I would suggest just going to the smoker's area. You'll end up having to explain 50 times that what you are using has no smoke and causes no harm and frankly it's not worth it IMO. Good luck with quitting, I know it's a long, tough road.

• Foolish Mortal

I saw a guy in the wharf vaping and a CM thought it was a cigarette and reminded him that it wasn't permitted in that area. He explained to her it wasn't an actual cigarette and all was well.

Quote Originally Posted by kevitivity View Post
    I gave up smoking many years ago, however I now occasionally use electronic cigarets. Has anyone ever been hassled for using these at Disneyland, or been asked to go to a smoking section? Just curious.

As you may or may not know, an electronic cigaret only emits water vapor. There is no smoke, tar, etc.
    The new policy is to direct the guest to the smoking areas. It's basically because of what calsig said about the perception.

• Under that tree again!

Smoking in front of children negatively impacts children.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Minion

I would think it would lead to confusion. Most of the e-cigs look like real ones unless you're close - so if someone was using them outside of the smoking area, it might lead other guests to think "I guess I can light up here, too" or "why does that guy get to smoke, and I don't?" It might unfortunately lead to the CMs having to lead more (tobacco) smokers back to the smoking area or defuse arguments.

• Selfie Expert

Technically, I guess it's not smoking and therefore you wouldn't be confined to the smoke areas (another poster said there's a policy otherwise, though. I'm just speculating). Common sense wise, I think it's not worth the hassle of having to constantly explain what it is, plus getting dirty looks, etc.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

I was at T Party once and there was a man next to me "vaping". I didn't really pay it much attention other than I thought it was weird that he was doing it out in the open. Security promptly came over though and politely asked him to continue doing so in an area more appropriate. The man was not too happy about that and made it a point to be rude and snappy about the fact that he wasn't "smoking" so it wasn't hurting anyone. Security still asked him to put it out and go do it somewhere appropriate if he wanted to continue. He eventually did leave but who knows where.

• Hot FIRE!

I have had to deal with this now often...it's seen as smoking and regardless of whatever attitude or defense the person with the E-Cig has, I explain that other families might not be so happy to see the act and what impact it may have on a child seeing it. usually once I bring up other kids, they then stop. What I don't get is this an act that we REALLY need to engage in in lines? I just got used to having everyone be glued to their Smartphones/Tablets.

...As I see it

My husband uses e-cigs at Disneyland. He did have a security guard come all the way to the table at the end of Tom Sawyer Island, just to tell him that he needed to use the smoking areas. He asked if he had to take an e-cig there, and the security guard said that he did. The end.

I believe the issue here is not the effect of vaping has "physically" on others, rather it's the "act" of simulated smoking that is condemned. Now that smoking is considered a vice and not fit for the eyes of impressionable children in our era, this is probably the reason why e-cigs get lumped in with cigarettes. Disney does not care how you consume your fix, just do it out of the sight of others and go to the smoking area. I personally would not mind if you stood next to me in a queue with an e-cig, but I don't have any children asking me what you are doing or quietly watching you doing it.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast