Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Familymemories

Re: Have You Ever Ran Into Someone You Know At Disneyland, Outside Of Disneyland?

No, not yet. BUT... We just found out about three weeks ago, friends from church are going to be there the same time we will be. In fact, we are going to spend most of the day June 4th our 25th wedding anniversary with them. We are sooooo excited!!!
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

Re: Have You Ever Ran Into Someone You Know At Disneyland, Outside Of Disneyland?

I personally haven't but some friends I go with have ran into some of their own co-workers a few times. Only times I have seen people I know at a theme park was at Knotts.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

I'm from Oregon, and I've ran into a handful of school friends or my sister's friends while on Spring Break. The more shocking occasion was running into my cousin during October. She is a flight attendant for Hawaiian Airlines (she's from Hawaii) and she had a day off in Anaheim. Her sister saw a picture on Facebook that I had posted, and told us that the flight attendant was there that day as well. We hadn't seen her in quite a few years, so it was great to meet up for a little while

• Hidden Mickey

It seems like every year we run into people that we know from the Bay Area or Arizona. Even crazier though, my younger sister met her best friend at Disneyland! One summer we were in line for something and her toe was ran over by someone in a wheelchair. The girl that was pushing was very apologetic and friendly. The next school year my sister sat next to a girl that looked really familiar to her but wasn't sure why. Turns out it was the girl that ran over her foot at Disneyland and they both remembered the situation and have been best friends ever since. It's amazing how small this world can be!

I have a friend that I know through several different internet forums. We talked to each other back and fourth online for a few years. My girlfriend and I were at Disney for our annual trip a year or two back, and we randomly ran into him at Downtown Disney. He walked out of D-Street as we were walking in, and I had to do a double take to make sure it was him. It was the first time we had ever met in person! It was very bizarre and I still can't believe that something like that happened. It is a small world after all.
    Be a Hippo Hero! Please visit www.SaveTheAnimatronicHippos.org

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Yes, it has happened twice (that I can remember). The most memorable is a gal I knew from the town where we grew up together. Hadn't seen her for about 20 years! The other time was waiting in the Country Bears lobby to go in to see the show and saw a couple we knew from our town sitting against the wall.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

•   

I've run into people almost EVERY time I go to the park. It was fun at first but now it's getting to be a pain. On Saturday my best friend and his wife were walking along when his former friend ( and let's be honest, the school bully ) was there. We tried hard to dodge him but he was persistent, at least for a few minutes. This guy once worked for DCA for a couple of weeks until he was fired for mishandling the guests. ( Job was to hand out stickers to guests as they entered but he decided to put them on guests himself because that was faster. One sticker/boob incident later and he was shown the door. )

I do my best to dodge most of the people I accidentally run into nowadays.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Team Hail HYDRA

As two family members are teachers,yes. I'd say it's happened about 8ish times

I can't remember any specifics while in Disneyland, but there have been a few times. It also happened at Legoland back in 2005, where my sister just ran into a friend of hers while in the park.

And the funny thing is, I live in northern Utah a good 10 hour drive from Southern California...

Then again my family has had the luck to run into distance relatives, all the way in Illinois!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I am sure this is the case for many, but those from Arizona tend to hit the parks at the same time. With that said, on one trip a few years ago during fall break, we ran into:

1. My son's baseball coach on Main St. while waiting for the parade

2. Several of my son's classmates

3. Friends of ours and their kids which it turns out we're staying down the hall from us at the hotel.

On our first trip after we were married, my wife received a pass from attending a conference there. I flew out and stated with my parents down the road to join her. While standing in line for the Jungle Cruise, she was talking positively about a co worker. Well, who should turn around from two spots ahead of us? The same co worker.

I think if you are from a specific geographic area, with kids and tend to travel to Disneyland at times corresponding to the school calendar you WILL run into someone.

Long after I retired, walking out of Buzz I met a friend who was still employed. On a different trip I met a friend of my Son walking out of Star Tours with his Son.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin' View Post
    It seems like every year we run into people that we know from the Bay Area or Arizona. Even crazier though, my younger sister met her best friend at Disneyland! One summer we were in line for something and her toe was ran over by someone in a wheelchair. The girl that was pushing was very apologetic and friendly. The next school year my sister sat next to a girl that looked really familiar to her but wasn't sure why. Turns out it was the girl that ran over her foot at Disneyland and they both remembered the situation and have been best friends ever since. It's amazing how small this world can be!
    The moral of the story is, when someone runs over your foot in the park, that person could very well be your best friend.

• Former ODV/SE CM

Back when I worked at Disneyland ODV, my grandma came up and bought something from me. Neither one of us knew the other was there that day and we didn't initailly see each other because I was selling glow on Main Street and she walked up behind me.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Blew By You

Actually, it's happen to me often. Classmates, former girlfriends, neighbors, old friends, parents of friends, students of mine, co-workers, former teachers and coaches. And it has happened at other places too.

• keh!

I have ran into friends on 4 different occasions. Twice it was going up Mainstreet, another was near Pixie Hollow, and the other time was in line for Toy Story Mania.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast