• Closed Account

With the AP "Permanent Hand Stamp" does that mean APs never have to get hand stamps?

As many know, on big capacity days (like when the Anaheim PD blocks the turnstyles), even APs need to get a hand stamp for re-entry.

Since the new AP cards have the permanent hand stamp...does that mean that APs never have to get a hand stamp again?

Re: With the AP "Permanent Hand Stamp" does that mean APs never have to get hand stam

What do you mean by a permanent hand stamp? I went with my friend when she bought hers yesterday, so she got the new pass, but I haven't heard anything about a permanent hand stamp

• Closed Account

Re: With the AP "Permanent Hand Stamp" does that mean APs never have to get hand stam

There's a "Disneyland" hand stamp behind the name on the card that the black light picks up. The CM at the entrance showed it to us and said it was the permanent hand stamp.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I saw it under a black light. I never realized that it was a Permanent Hand Stamp.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Senior Monorail Minion

I don't believe that's a "permanent handstamp". The CM may have compared it to one, but it has no effect on your entry to the park. It is simply a security device, like a dollar bill would have, to prevent counterfeit passes.

APs typically do not need handstamps, as said above, because our picture is linked to our pass, so it cannot be transferred, which is what handstamping works to prevent. APs are usually required on busy days in order to allow re-entry in case the fire marshal orders a phased closure.

• Minion

The thing you are talking about have been on aps for at least 17 years. I remeber a cast member showing me it with a black light in highschool and I though it was cool. U still need hand stamps on extremely busy days. There is usually signs by the turnstyles reminding aps to get a hand stamp. Just because u have a hand stamp it doesn't mean ur getting back in. If they do a hard close it one person gets in for every person that comes out. This normally only happens during christmas, forth of july and new years eve.

• Familymemories

Interesting, did not know that. I will have to look on your annual passes when we purchase them in June.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop