Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• New Member Goes Forth

Re: What Would Disney Do if Someone Watched Song of the South on Their iPad...

To be fair, I do not know what they would do, but I would proberly watch it
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Fan View Post
    The real question is... Why would anyone pull out an iPad to watch a movie while standing in a line instead of just enjoying the sights and sounds around you?
    People bring their iPads all the time to the parks now, it's pretty ridiculous.

And I honestly feel like this Snow White film the OP is talking about is a pure Disney fanboy conspiracy theory.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think they would ask what in blazes anyone needs an iPad for at Disneyland.
    To record the fireworks, of course.

(thats a joke btw, for those of you about to yell at me)

•   

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think they would ask what in blazes anyone needs an iPad for at Disneyland.
    Completely agree. Last Saturday the group I was with noticed one pad after another being used as a camera and it just seemed too big to be practical. It got to be a game where we had to stop and watch everyone using one, as if we were trying to see exactly what the advantage was. All I saw was people who were way too attached to their consumer electronics.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

watch it back, it works for me....
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    The company doesn't release the film on any motion picture media you can buy in the states. They still sell merchandise featuring the characters, have characters in the stateside parks appear, and have an attraction based on it (obviously.) They do not deny the film exists - they don't sell it in a modern format.

As far as I know, Old Yeller, Davy Crockett's films, The Great Mouse Detective, Pete's Dragon, The Black Cauldron, and many more are not available on blu-ray or even DVD in some cases. That is not equaling that Disney denies the film exists, they just don't sell them. And yes, the Song of the South issue is one that they are unsure they'd even try - but no one has ever said, we didn't make this film at Disney.

No employee would care what someone watches on a iPhone/iPad if not vulgar or explicit and played loud enough so other guests had no choice but to be exposed to it.
    Actually, Old Yeller, Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier, Davy Crockett and the River Pirates, and The Black Cauldron are currently available on DVD from Disney, and The Great Mouse Detective and Pete's Dragon are currently available on DVD and Blu-Ray. Song of the South is still unavailable, of course.

• "I don't like the color"

I have it on DVD..
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

The real question is... Why would anyone pull out an iPad to watch a movie while standing in a line instead of just enjoying the sights and sounds around you?
    Because lines like this are hard to do that in:
    Name:  CSb_002.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  66.9 KB

Now I'm just playing devils advocate here. I dislike iPads, especially when they use them to film a show. However if someone brings an iPod to listen to in line, whats the harm in that.
    Last edited by Quentin; 04-08-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I have it on DVD..
    So do I.

Here's a related question:

When Brer Bear is out doing a meet n greet, and someone asked what movie he's from, would Disney say Song of the South?

• New Mommy

I recently bought the newest edition of Peter Pan, and watched it for the firs time since I was a child a couple months ago. I laughed at the scenes that would, by today's overly PC society, be considered "racist" or "stereotyping". There are LOTS of them in Peter Pan, yet it is still released. SOTS was targeted, but hopefully will someday be released with the realization that the movie was made in a different time (like so many others are) with no obvious intention to be so "unacceptable", but that doesn't make it a terrible piece of work.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Ha! Exactly what I thought. Sadly we are a society that is so tied to our dumbphones and our attention span is much shorter than it used to be. While I would want to smack someone that was watching a movie in line, it would not suprise me if I saw someone doing it.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Id be more worried about how would I would keep my iPad from getting wet when I get to the end of the Splash Mountain line
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I recently bought the newest edition of Peter Pan, and watched it for the firs time since I was a child a couple months ago. I laughed at the scenes that would, by today's overly PC society, be considered "racist" or "stereotyping". There are LOTS of them in Peter Pan, yet it is still released. SOTS was targeted, but hopefully will someday be released with the realization that the movie was made in a different time (like so many others are) with no obvious intention to be so "unacceptable", but that doesn't make it a terrible piece of work.
    I was going to say Peter Pan is about as un PC as Song of the South...but because Native America's really don't have a voice any more in America that's why they don't care too much

Sad but I think if Native America's were as big of a group as African America's then Peter would have gotten the same treatment...Disney doesn't care about art hey just want money and good press

A better question would be why would the theme park division be responsible for the motion picture division's anti-piracy policy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast