Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Plea To Stop Saying "Andy's Coming"

It's being said/yelled at very frequently to Woody and Jesse. It's got to stop. It's driving everyone bonkers.

When I overhear people talk about doing it in the parks, I tell them that Disneyland is a place where animals talk and magic happens. So if Bonnie or Andy were to walk by, it'd be completely normal for the toys to be alive.
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

• Disneyland Nomad

I hope that character is alright.
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

• Golden State of Mind

I thought it was kind of funny when I saw the photo.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I don't think this is going to be a big deal, enough to have the characters pulled. People will say it and as long as the people playing Woody and other TS characters don't react then it will stop. I would like to see an actual video taped with week that actually shows people yelling it over and over again to see how intense it is but I really don't think it is that intense right now to have them pulled. I guess I have to see it to believe it.
    I have seen videos (but I'm too lazy to go find them again) that show people yelling it about 15 times in a 2 minute video. It is a major problem and I'm sure a huge annoyance for the CM's. Not to mention the many people who I've seen complain on Twitter and Facebook about them not falling over when they yell it. It has become a big enough problem that I honestly think Disney would be smart to take some action. Whether that means pulling the characters, putting up signage, making an announcement on the DPB, or something else, idk. Something needs done for the safety of the CM's.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Berm Buster

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Technically they are not Andy's toys anymore so it would be correct if they don't freeze

So... Bonnie's coming? Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    While we're on the subject, can anyone breifly explain to an old fart like me what young people find so amusing about things like planking, taylor swifting, and everything else I saw being made fun of on South Park? From the outside looking in it seems to me like you guys are just hopelessly bored. And if you are bored, is there anything we can do to help you not be bored?
    I would assume they do it because cramming into a phone booth, swallowing goldfish and being the bees-knees has already been done?

Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• New Member Goes Forth

It is amazing how this hase come out only now, when Andy does not own these toys, but Bonnie does
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I'm concerned about the CM who was assaulted. I hope that he is OK and I certainly hope his attacker was arrested. Does anyone know what happened there?
    Can anyone expand on this?

As for this trend, it will die down. Unfortunately, we live in a society where anyone can make up anything, post it on Facebook or other like social media sites, and have it go viral. Most of the stuff is harmless, and can be shut down with a simple Snopes article proving that it's wrong, but other times we have to just ride out dumb trends like this.

Thankfully Disney and their amazing staff has come up with ways to shut down these people that insist on continuing yelling this phrase at the characters. I guess all we can do now is wait for it to end.

• Golden State of Mind

I hardly consider this a 'major problem'. Simply a phase that will run it's course.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• rebmeM roinuJ

I love the picture in your sig, Maverick.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
    I actualy did something similar. The kid in front of me yelled those infamous words and I quickly yelled back to him, "No he's not! He's in college!" I got many laughs from my friends and even the father of the child
    Nice response! I'll have to remember that one!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    They could go to Disneyland! Oh, wait, that won't work. Kids go to Disneyland once a month now, just to keep the parents from having to interact with their children, so now even a visit to Disneyland isn't entertaining enough. People have to come up with a prank like "Andy's Coming!" or saying the Haunted Mansion spiel to impress the tourists or dressing up in "Look at ME!" vintage clothing to keep from being bored while inside Disneyland. Welcome to the 21st Century.
    I've got a solution for those problems.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think the problem will stop if the CMs in costumes just look around than shrugged their shoulders instead of falling.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think the problem will stop if the CMs in costumes just look around than shrugged their shoulders instead of falling.
    That's what they do - they either ignore it completely or shrug - and apparently people are getting angry with them for not falling down.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Is this some kindof internet meme that's taken to absurdity again? I'm confused.

I've never heard or seen this done before.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast