Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tour Ship Pilot

RX-24's one day solo trip 4-5-13 (report for long time lurker needs a hand) pic heavy

In a previous post I asked for the fans of this site to lend a hand with planning a one day incidental trip I was making to the Disney Resort. Folks came through great and gave everything from tips and pointers to a workable speed schedule. Using a combination of suggestions and my own knowledge from past trips I had a fantastic time. The day was well spent and I thoroughly enjoyed my first "solo" trip to the parks.
    My morning started at Main Street Station to try and get a ride on the Lillybelle. I was told that reservations would be taken in 30 minutes so I proceeded to Star Tours to kill the time I had. The line was short and the ride fantastic. I returned in time to make my reservation and with my first ride done headed across the esplanade to see Carsland.

The Cathay Circle area was amazing, they did a great job of recreating Main Street in a Los Angeles way I thought. from there it was over to Carsland . I was completely blown away by the detail attention and the overall beauty of the area. I got in the single rider line and got on fairly quick. The ride was fantastic and I had fun exploring

From Carsland it was over to Paradise Pier. I caught a single rider run on California Screaming and Goofy's Flight School. From there I went to see the Little Mermaid ride and took a break behind Grizzly Rapids.

It was nearing close to my appointment for the Lillybelle and I went back to Main Street.I had some time to spare so used it riding Buzz Lightyear's ride I didn't do too shaby and ranked in at level 3. It was now time for my Lilly Belle ride. It was fantastic. I met some nice people, learned some facts from our personal conductor, and got to princess wave as we left the stations. Aftr we finished our lap I didn't want to go but there was so much more to still do.

Here is one of a very few shots I have of me in my "Noble Pose" aboard the train (note the loud shirt, maybe you saw me on Friday somewhere in the park

After the trip was over I headed for adventureland and New Orleans square to ride Indy, Pirates, the haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain.

By the time I finished up with Indy it was time to use my only fastpass of the day at Star Tours, between the crowds and timing things didn't fall well for me if was to maintain a good pace without crossing the park. My ride was completely different from the first time except for the Bobba Fett scene so I got to experience many new scenes. After that it was onto the Subs and the Matterhorn which both worked in nice for the wait. Single rider made the Matterhorn a very short wait
    It was now dark outside so I went back to Carsland to see it at night as well as the rest of California Adventure lit up. I was amazed at how the park transformed at night

I returned to Disneyland after dinner to watch "Dreams can come true" I found a good spot near Small World where there were not many people and managed to dodge congested areas again. The show was fantastic and although I know the fireworks look great at the castle vantage I like the projections better on Small World. I also like the that I was not going to have to fight the crowds on Main Street. Afterwards I rode small world and most of the Fantasy land rides until close to midnight. I had saved Space Mountain as my last ride and when I finished it was just after 12.

I stepped off space Mountain just after 12 and got in a little pin shopping from friends. At 12:30 I left the parks for the day and had a security guard take my picture with the iconic entrance I asked him to include the clock in the photo so I could timestamp the end of my wondrous day. Thanks for all that helped me make a plan and a big hello to anybody I may have met. In 40some years of going to Disneyland this was definitely one of my favorites ever.

REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Re: RX-24's one day solo trip 4-5-13 (report for long time lurker needs a hand) pic h

Great report! Your so lucky to have gotten to ride the Lilly Belle, it's definitly something I'd love to do someday. Your pictures are great, the park does look amazing at night Glad you had a good trip

• formerly very helpful

Re: RX-24's one day solo trip 4-5-13 (report for long time lurker needs a hand) pic h

Nothing like a solo trip. Thanks for sharing!

• i believe in faeries.

I LOVE trip reports... and yours was fantastic!

• Selfie Expert

I loved your TR! Almost makes me want to try a solo trip. I'm sure I'll get to it one of these days. I'm glad you got to see and do so much in one day!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• #bringevilback

Glad you had such a great trip! Looks like fun from your pictures, and you crammed a bunch into your one day!

• Familymemories

Awesome photos!! Who do you ask about making a reservation to sit in the Lillybelle? I would love to know. My husband and I are taking a kid free 25th wedding anniversary trip in June. Thanks
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

• Tour Ship Pilot

Who do you ask about making a reservation to sit in the Lillybelle?
    I asked the conductor on duty at the Main St Station. You may wish to check other threads for availability of the carriage as weather heat etc. play a factor as to availability from what I understand.
    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by familymemories View Post
    Awesome photos!! Who do you ask about making a reservation to sit in the Lillybelle? I would love to know. My husband and I are taking a kid free 25th wedding anniversary trip in June. Thanks
    This is exactly what I was going to ask! We'll be there for our 25th wedding anniversary June 2nd-6th.

This is something we've never done in all the years we've been going and I want to do a few things that we haven't done before.

I've done solo trips since the age of 13 (school trip) and I love them.

Where is the tiger stage? In Aladdin's Oasis? Sorry I've always missed that!

• Tour Ship Pilot

Where is the tiger stage? In Aladdin's Oasis?
    Yes in the Oasis there is a Cave of Wonders Stage and an Arabian themed dining area. I didnt see any food sales but it was a great place to relax and eat as there were tables and chairs. It was also a plus to have shade and be away from the hustle and bustle that is Adventureland
    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

• Tour Ship Pilot

wanted to add one last picture. When I saw this photo it reminded me of "Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper. I gave it a small treatment and came up with this.
    Last edited by RX-24; 04-09-2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: deletion of uneccessary link
    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great report!! Wonderful pictures and glad the day turned out so well for you! And that last pic is cool! I can see the resemblance to the inspiration for the shot!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• The doctor is in

I'm glad you had a great day! You got a lot done.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Fantastic trip report! I've been thinking about doing a solo trip, and this report was just what I needed to make the decision once and for all. Thanks for the inspiration!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast