Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Airport Transport

We are flying into SNA for the first time (usually LAX) and I am hearing that a taxi from the airport to DLH will be a flat rate of $45? Plus tip? Roughly $55 each way?

I am looking at hiring a car service instead of taxi for round trip at $155 (includes all taxes and tips) ~~ it looks like only a $45 difference between taxi and car service.

True?
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

• Elk Grove Chris

Re: Airport Transport

Cannot help on taxi/car service. When we fly in we always grab a rental car.

Do you plan on going anywhere else during your trip? How many days? A rental car may be a cheaper option, the drive between the airport and DL is not too bad. You can usually find decent deals on Priceline, mid size cars for $22-25/day.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Southern California Gray Line - Shuttle Service

This is way less expensive...

I am just wondering why you don't consider the DL Resort Express bus? It's so much cheaper and it's right there, takes you right to the DL hotel first (if that's where you are staying). Then that's more $ to spend on souviners and/or food. Unless you have a larger party then I certainly could see the savings.

I don't know what the price of a taxi is anymore but I think the last time I checked (last Nov) it was going to be $40 ea way. But like I said the bus was $20 RT so IMO I couldn't resist plus I have had only good experiences with them.

We have been to DL many times and used the Gray Line Shuttle - i don't want to wait around for the bus and am willing to spend extra $$ for little to no waiting so we can get to our hotel quickly.
    We are heading for a short visiting and I don't want to rent a car plus I would need to take our car seat and we don’t want to do that.
    Our transportation choices are taxi or car service – just trying to find out if the cost for the cab I referenced above is accurate or not.

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

•   

I took a taxi BACK to the airport not too long ago. I think it was $40 and we tipped $5, so $45 total. It's such a short ride from SNA (~15 min) that I wouldn't think it would be worth an extra $60 for car service, but that's just me.

• socal native

Here's the link to the Disneyland express. Depending on the number in your party and if you are staying on site, this is a good deal. Southern California Gray Line - Shuttle Service

Last year, I took a Super Shuttle from SNA for $10 since it went directly to the off-site hotel I was staying at. It just seemed like too much of a hassle to take the bus to DL Hotel and then figure out how to get to the hotel with all my baggage.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

What if one of us just picks you up?

• The doctor is in

I took a Super Shuttle last year to and from SNA. Going from the airport wasn't bad, but going to the airport was a nightmare. I wound up having to call a taxi at the last minute because the Super Shuttle never showed up. I was staying at the Ramada Maingate and their ticket & tour office called for us and it only cost $30. Including the tip we gave the guy it was less than $40. I couldn't tell you which company it was but it was a pretty decent deal. He arrived quickly, too.

•   
    • MaliBOOMer

Random Title editing power a glitch?

Have always used Super Shuttle, was $18 for my friend and I total (excluding tip) From SNA to Best Western Park Place Inn and back. Don't spend $155, Super Shuttle is quick and inexpensive (as long as your traveling between hotel and airport). Never had any problems with delays or anything.

SuperShuttle Online Reservations - LAX SFO DIA PHX BWI DFW TPA JFK JAX CDG IAD SAN DCA SMF MCI IAH LGA MSP EWR AUS SNA HOU BUR DAL OAK ONT LGB SJC ISP PTP PIE ORY MIA MCO Airport
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Yeah we just used super shuttle in March and it was great. It think it was $36 RT for two people which was super cheap, If you travel when there is no traffic its less than 15 mins via super shuttle from the airport to hotel, give or take depending on drop off order.

Thanks for the offer CaliforniaAdventurer

We have our 3 year old with us so our options are limited due to lack of car seat…..but we just returned from Orlando, FL and we took several quick cab rides with our 3 year old without a car seat.
    Hoping we might be able to do the same here, if not I will prob book car service

Last time we took the Gray Line from LAX it was 1.5 hours from the time we had our luggage outside the terminal to arriving at our hotel - with little to no traffic - i am hoping to avoid wasting time like that since our trip is so short.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Same with other posters up here, Ive used Super Shuttle on many many trips to Disney Resorts never had a issue with them at all, usually ranges from $15 to $18 per person plus a tip.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dec2009Mama View Post
    Thanks for the offer CaliforniaAdventurer

We have our 3 year old with us so our options are limited due to lack of car seat…..but we just returned from Orlando, FL and we took several quick cab rides with our 3 year old without a car seat.
    Hoping we might be able to do the same here, if not I will prob book car service
    You're welcome. I honestly don't know what the cost of a cab would be, but nobody else is really providing you with an answer so... By the time you find out, I could probably drive to LAX hahaha

Use DL resort express. I have used it several times from SNA. I think it picks up every hour or half hour depending on time of year. It is the least expensive and will drop you off at DLH and will return you to the airport. Go through Getaway today for extra savings. A bonus is that the bus itself is Disney themed and really gets you in the mood for some fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast