Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Price Increases

• #bringevilback

Re: Price Increases

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    I don't doubt at least a $50 increase... /sigh

I got a "discount" by buying the card version from a supermarket. I was thinking of going from Premium to Premiere, and was told I'd pay full difference to the current price if I did, which would obliterate the discount rate I am currently at.
    That's the same boat I'm in, except I bought just before the price increase. If its only $50 this year I'd be thrilled! That's a $200 jump from what I paid and $50 wouldn't make me feel like I have to upgrade before so I could take e summer off and then get a new pass...

It has gone up every year, around this time of the year, for the past five years.

The government does not include these kinds of price increases in the CPI published so it does not affect inflation stats.

On my little soapbox here, therre is plenty of inflation. We don't just eat bread and milk. There is more to life than that but because the CPI excludes things like amusement park admission, gas, cars and movies, the government can still claim that is inflation is low.

Quote Originally Posted by AhpalovestheDuck View Post
    Any rumors of price increases for Park Hopper tickets? If so when?
    I will start a rumor: Park Hoppers are going to increase by $19

There. Please liberally spread.

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, but a CM last month told me the premium AP would be $700 by summer.
    It will be $699

Take that to the bank.

What if I have a current AP and want yo renew? Mine doesn't expire until Oct. Can I pay for another year now or get a voucher or something and then wait to use it until after my current one expires?

I'm eligible to buy passes at a military base. Last year, we heard about the price increase on a Friday (and the increase was going into affect on Sunday).

We went on base and bought new annual pass vouchers, even though our APs weren't expiring for another couple of months (October).

There was no problem with DL honoring our vouchers, even though we had paid less than the current price of the APs when we renewed.

The vouchers had to be used by 12/31.

Thank you!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinemaps View Post
    I'm eligible to buy passes at a military base. Last year, we heard about the price increase on a Friday (and the increase was going into affect on Sunday).

We went on base and bought new annual pass vouchers, even though our APs weren't expiring for another couple of months (October).

There was no problem with DL honoring our vouchers, even though we had paid less than the current price of the APs when we renewed.

The vouchers had to be used by 12/31.
    And, sadly, the MWR (military) pricing for the Premium AP was a whopping $1.00 in savings this year.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Familymemories

It's a good thing I upgraded my Disney Visa to the 2% and my Chase Master Card to the 1% cash back with other online purchases up to 10%. I am very frugal, it is the only way we can afford to purchase tickets to the parks. As it stands, my husband has a little over $600.00 in Disney Visa Points. Wish the Disney company would quit raising the prices. Oh well, I will just have to purchase more groceries at the 2%.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    And, sadly, the MWR (military) pricing for the Premium AP was a whopping $1.00 in savings this year.
    Live seen that in the past. A couple years ago, we opted for the monthly option, because there was only a $5 difference. Other years, though, we've seen a $35 difference.

• Minion

This is the rumor I heard from a pretty good source. Prices are going up in april or may. Premium is going up 50.00 to 699.00. Delux is going up 30.00 to 499.00. So cal is going up 60.00 to 389.00. So cal select is going up 30.00 to 299.00. One day one park will be 91.00. And one day park hopper will be 135.00. I hope that helps.

•   

[QUOTE=disneylandkitty;1056957087]This is the rumor I heard from a pretty good source. Prices are going up in april or may. Premium is going up 50.00 to 699.00. Delux is going up 30.00 to 499.00. So cal is going up 60.00 to 389.00. So cal select is going up 30.00 to 299.00. One day one park will be 91.00. And one day park hopper will be 135.00

If true, that's a hefty price increase across the board. The $10 increase on a single day parkhopper is nuts!

Yeah, time for a break from Disney for a year or two...

[QUOTE=SanDiegoAl;1056957138]
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    Yeah, time for a break from Disney for a year or two...
    I'm pretty convinced we'll be doing the same as well. Legoland is nearby me (I'm also in San Diego). We love that place, but don't have APs there right now because we have our DL ones.

The AP at Legoland is much cheaper (obviously). I accept that the DL AP is our "family vacation" every year (spread out over the entire year - it's certainly the cost of one!). But maybe a year or two away will help us appreciate it again.

• #bringevilback

If those prices are true I'd be fine with that! They aren't nearly as hefty as last year!

• Minion

I agree I gine with the price increases however I'm happ I already renewed my pass for this year

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast