Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Price Increases

Price Increases

Any rumors of price increases for Park Hopper tickets? If so when?

Last years increases were mostly due to the opening of Cars Land. I haven't heard/read/seen anything new opening this year to warrant an increase. Doesn't mean it won't happen nonetheless. Lol

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Price Increases

I'm sure by the summer...so either late may or June...we'll see a small prince increase across the boards...if you plan on going..buy your tickets NOW

• #bringevilback

If you buy a voucher for an AP but redeem after the increase do you have to pay the difference? What if you then upgrade it...do you pay the difference between what you paid or the current value?

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    If you buy a voucher for an AP but redeem after the increase do you have to pay the difference? What if you then upgrade it...do you pay the difference between what you paid or the current value?
    If you purchase an AP and the price increases after your completed purchase you do not have to pay any difference.
    If you by a parkhopper and upgrade to AP at the parks you pay the difference based on the posted price on that day
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

• #bringevilback

What if you purchase a lower AP and want to upgrade...do you pay the difference of what you paid or the current difference?

my understanding: they will see what you paid for the lower priced AP (ie: socal) and then if you want to upgrade from there to deluxe you will need to pay the difference based on the price you paid vs the price at that date. Not the price of the solcal on that date if its higher...why would you get credit for monies you didn't pay?
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

• #bringevilback

I figured, but I wasn't sure if they keep track of what you paid or just the level of pass you have

• Disneyland 19 year APH

We did this last year with our passes and even though it was 6 months after purchased they horned the prices still (we had a processing error with our credit cards and the DLR computer) We were able to pay at the ticket booths for original price and any upgrades were honored. Always check with the booth or with Guest Relations before hand because policies can change over the year.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylv View Post
    Last years increases were mostly due to the opening of Cars Land. I haven't heard/read/seen anything new opening this year to warrant an increase. Doesn't mean it won't happen nonetheless. Lol
    Carsland/ new DCA are the scapegoat. Prices have gone up almost every year regardless of what's happening. AP did have a big jump for the low end passes last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'm sure by the summer...so either late may or June...we'll see a small prince increase across the boards...if you plan on going..buy your tickets NOW
    I give 60% to May and 40% to June as when prices will rise. 100% likely that it's coming.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Prices when up in :

May 2012

June 2011

July 2010

August 2009

My money is on this month. The pattern has shown that Disney likes to raise prices twice in a calender year. Also they like to announce the increase on Fridays after most office hours and have the prices go into effect usually the first Sunday or Monday after.

I read somewhere that the AP prices were increased due to the fact that there is or was over a million people with AP and it was to try to decrease the amount of people buying them, so the park doesn't get over-crowded. Don't know if this is true. It seems the prices increase yearly, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    I read somewhere that the AP prices were increased due to the fact that there is or was over a million people with AP and it was to try to decrease the amount of people buying them, so the park doesn't get over-crowded. Don't know if this is true. It seems the prices increase yearly, no matter what.
    yeah the business decision was rumored to be the fact that ticket visitors spend much more per visit (ticket value + food/souvenirs/etc) than AP users (passport price divided by number of visits). they certainly have the data to back this up (10% discount for a reason). it makes a lot of sense for them to keep park hopper and other single use tickets cheaper relative to passports. i've done this academically before, but if i were to run their profit maximizing parks division i would attempt to first maximize revenue from ticketed guests (setting the ticket price at the optimal point), seeing what the left over is in terms of capacity (you don't want the parks to be too crowded as that drives down satisfaction across the board), and charge passport prices as high as you can go to hit that left over capacity. charge it too low and you have too many ppl in the parks, charge it too high and you don't have enough (APs still spend on stuff after all). i think what we are seeing is that their single use ticket sales are increasing so they need to lower the number of APs.

Take this with a grain of salt, but a CM last month told me the premium AP would be $700 by summer.

• Not on the Jedi Council

I don't doubt at least a $50 increase... /sigh

I got a "discount" by buying the card version from a supermarket. I was thinking of going from Premium to Premiere, and was told I'd pay full difference to the current price if I did, which would obliterate the discount rate I am currently at.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast