Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Mistress of Evil

Re: 101 Disneyland Tips & "Hacks"

Quote Originally Posted by DannyeF View Post
    The pins you buy in large lots on Ebay are definitely fakes. You can trade them with the cast members just the same, but then their lanyards end up being full of fakes, which makes it difficult for other traders trying to find real pins. But they are very inexpensive, yes.
    I was going to comment on this "tip" as well.
    I think it is irresponsible to suggest people purchase pins off of ebay or Amazon. If you keep this tip, you should point out that those pins are likely fake/scrappers...even though they are tradable in the parks.

Other than that, it is a really good list and should be helpful to many.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    1. 838 or 39? "Unused “no expiration” Walt Disney World tickets can be used at Disneyland. If you’re making Disneyland and Walt Disney World trips in the same year, your best bet might be the 10-day “No Expiration” Walt Disney World Parkhopper ticket."

This one above was news to me.
    Does it have to be a Parkhopper?
    Does it expire one year after the first use
    or on Dec. 31 of the year it was first used or purchased?
    The only time we've done it, our tickets had already been partially used at WDW, but I suspect it doesn't matter. You might want to call and confirm, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyeF View Post
    The pins you buy in large lots on Ebay are definitely fakes. You can trade them with the cast members just the same, but then their lanyards end up being full of fakes, which makes it difficult for other traders trying to find real pins. But they are very inexpensive, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    I was going to comment on this "tip" as well.
    I think it is irresponsible to suggest people purchase pins off of ebay or Amazon. If you keep this tip, you should point out that those pins are likely fake/scrappers...even though they are tradable in the parks.

Other than that, it is a really good list and should be helpful to many.
    "Definitely fake" is pretty strong language. There are a lot of fakes, yes, but there are also several established sellers on both eBay and Amazon that sell real pins (I've bought them). Newer and low-feedback sellers are the ones to watch out for. Otherwise, it's no different than buying at similar prices from the outlets or Property Control.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    "Definitely fake" is pretty strong language. There are a lot of fakes, yes, but there are also several established sellers on both eBay and Amazon that sell real pins (I've bought them). Newer and low-feedback sellers are the ones to watch out for. Otherwise, it's no different than buying at similar prices from the outlets or Property Control.
    I have also bought genuine pins from ebay--one or two at a time. What I meant is that the huge lots that are way below cost are fakes.

• Mistress of Evil

I should have been more specific in my response. I was mainly referring to the "lots" people purchase that usually get the $1 per pin price. I felt your post was endorsing the possible purchase of questionable pins to trade in the parks.

Authentic pins can be found on ebay or Amazon, but you will not get them in a lot of 25 for $25.oo. I have purchased several single pins and booster sets from reputable sellers on ebay...they just cost a little more.
    There are several sellers of fake pins that have 100% positive feedback, so buyer beware.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Some people may disagree but the best fried chicken imo does and rightfully should to to Knotts. Don't get me wrong I do like Plaza Inn's chicken but it is a bit too salty compared with Knotts. Just my opinion, but that's an 80 year old tradition that I would hate to see lose to Disneyland.

As a coralary to that you can add a suggestion NOT to buy Disneyland's funnel cakes which are are frozen and fried I the same oil as the French fries - blech! Once again Knotts owns that one.

Speaking of Knotts reminds me of boysenberry punch - delicious! I don't know of you mentioned mint juleps on there but that is something you can add as a drink you can't get anywhere else. Idk - so they sell it at WDW? I thought they did but maybe they don't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Some people may disagree but the best fried chicken imo does and rightfully should to to Knotts. Don't get me wrong I do like Plaza Inn's chicken but it is a bit too salty compared with Knotts. Just my opinion, but that's an 80 year old tradition that I would hate to see lose to Disneyland.

As a coralary to that you can add a suggestion NOT to buy Disneyland's funnel cakes which are are frozen and fried I the same oil as the French fries - blech! Once again Knotts owns that one.

Speaking of Knotts reminds me of boysenberry punch - delicious! I don't know of you mentioned mint juleps on there but that is something you can add as a drink you can't get anywhere else. Idk - so they sell it at WDW? I thought they did but maybe they don't anymore.
    The Mint Juleps are only at Disneyland. But by only, I mean they aren't at WDW. You can get Mint Juleps elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12