Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tom Bricker

101 Disneyland Tips & "Hacks"

So I wanted to share this list of 101 tips for Disneyland that I put together: 101 Great Disneyland Tips - Disney Tourist Blog

More importantly (from my perspective at least), I'm hoping for some feedback with about 10 solid tips that I missed to replace some of my weaker tips (sorry, Frank Lloyd Wright restrooms...). I got "stuck" around 90, but I already put together a list of 101 Walt Disney World tips, and I wanted this list to be 101, too.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: 101 Disneyland Tips & "Hacks"

Good job, a lot of the tips are only applicable during the Christmas holiday season, maybe put those in a separate section?

You might have to update tip 34 soon if the rumors of Iron Man are true.

Also you should mention the courtesy cups you can get at the food places through out the park. Some places like the Village Haus even give you a large cup which saves alot of money of buying bottled water and they even give you ice

Also this is something my family does is when there is a parade or fireworks we always go through main street's stores and we avoid all of the traffic which also gets us out of fillimg crammed next to a total stranger. Dont know if you want to use that one though

But overall you nailed the rest of the tips if I didnt know my Disney Id be fortunate enough to read your blog.

• Tom Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Good job, a lot of the tips are only applicable during the Christmas holiday season, maybe put those in a separate section?
    Thanks! I thought about that, but there aren't enough Christmas tips to make that a significant section.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    You might have to update tip 34 soon if the rumors of Iron Man are true.

Also you should mention the courtesy cups you can get at the food places through out the park. Some places like the Village Haus even give you a large cup which saves alot of money of buying bottled water and they even give you ice

Also this is something my family does is when there is a parade or fireworks we always go through main street's stores and we avoid all of the traffic which also gets us out of fillimg crammed next to a total stranger. Dont know if you want to use that one though

But overall you nailed the rest of the tips if I didnt know my Disney Id be fortunate enough to read your blog.
    Here's hoping something happens with Innoventions soon. I'm hoping the upcoming exhibit is a way to test the waters to see what kind of a draw Iron Man might be in Tomorrowland.

The water is already in there (#36).

I like the Main Street shops as a passageway tip (too bad they don't have the Arcades like Disneyland Paris!). I'll put that on my list of possibilities. Thanks!

#12 World of Color viewing patio is available to all guests staying at the Grand Californian Hotel, not limited to Disney Vacation Club guests

• Tom Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    #12 World of Color viewing patio is available to all guests staying at the Grand Californian Hotel, not limited to Disney Vacation Club guests
    Thanks, fixed. For some reason I thought it was like Bay Lake Tower at WDW.

A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to get up there while staying off-site by showing a CM my DVC membership card. I know this isn't the norm, though.

Loved the view up there:

Here are some new tips and add ons to tips you already have:

*If you want to go to the later showing of World of Color, you can get a fastpass for the current show time thats being distributed, then go see a castmember that should be nearby. They will take your fastpasses for the earlier showing and write out a new fastpass for the later showtime of your choice.

*For Fantasmic, go to the second showing as there is less people and getting a prime spot is far easier.

*A fun and cheap souvenir idea are pressed pennies. There are MANY different machines throughout the entire resort with very unique designs.

*When in operation, the canoes are a great way to cool off on a hot day and the line for Splash Mountain is too long.

*If the line seems long at City Hall to pick up a button, most of the buttons can also be found at the stores/restaurants.

*Stay to the right side of the line on Pirates of the Caribbean and it's a small world as they tend to move faster and are slightly shorter most of the time.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Evil is Sexy

Another good, new, tip: If you want to avoid a Frontierland entrance bottleneck, cut through Fantasy Faire and use their Frontierland corridor.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Great list, wish I had read through some before our trip this past May.

Also have to say #32 regarding sitting in the outdoor area of Flo's cafe is a great idea. DUring our trip this past December we ate breakfast at Flo's twice, sun was shining racers were zipping past and you get to see the cars characters drive down the street when they come out for meet and greets, it is a nice lively little spot.

• Boat shoes all day long

I have a couple pointers:

- At the Cozy Cone, when you get an iced cream cone, and it is warmer than 80-degrees out, and the chocolate dip cracks, the ice cream will get EVERYWHERE!

- Goofy's flight school is a very jerky ride and could use replacing.

- If you are the host of a large group, you can roll two or three park maps together to make a telescoping pole of paper so that everyone can see you when it gets crowded.

- The Tiki Room doubles as a nice, cool place to take a nap.

- Dole Whips are good, but are loaded with sugar.

- If you tell the Toy Story-themed characters that "Andy is coming", they have written permission to give you an Indian burn.

- While tossing coins in fountains and other bodies of water is sometimes considered good luck, you better stop doing it. It kills the inhabitants and therefor is the opposite of good luck.

- Disneyland is for the young at heart, but the old at heart really should avoid the park due to the extensive walking and long periods of standing required.

- If you need specific info, or seek lesser-known trivia, the popcorn sweepers are usually your best bet.

- Don't go on Gadgets Go-Coaster. Just don't.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Johnny and Me!

As of last Sunday, Roger Rabbit and Autopia are no longer disconnected from the FP system. I personally tested them both.

• Tom Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
    Here are some new tips and add ons to tips you already have:

*If you want to go to the later showing of World of Color, you can get a fastpass for the current show time thats being distributed, then go see a castmember that should be nearby. They will take your fastpasses for the earlier showing and write out a new fastpass for the later showtime of your choice.

*For Fantasmic, go to the second showing as there is less people and getting a prime spot is far easier.

*A fun and cheap souvenir idea are pressed pennies. There are MANY different machines throughout the entire resort with very unique designs.

*When in operation, the canoes are a great way to cool off on a hot day and the line for Splash Mountain is too long.

*If the line seems long at City Hall to pick up a button, most of the buttons can also be found at the stores/restaurants.

*Stay to the right side of the line on Pirates of the Caribbean and it's a small world as they tend to move faster and are slightly shorter most of the time.
    These are some awesome tips. I need to find a way to incorporate just about all of them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Another good, new, tip: If you want to avoid a Frontierland entrance bottleneck, cut through Fantasy Faire and use their Frontierland corridor.
    Didn't know about this, but then again, I haven't seen Fantasy Faire yet. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by linkeq2001 View Post
    Great list, wish I had read through some before our trip this past May.

Also have to say #32 regarding sitting in the outdoor area of Flo's cafe is a great idea. DUring our trip this past December we ate breakfast at Flo's twice, sun was shining racers were zipping past and you get to see the cars characters drive down the street when they come out for meet and greets, it is a nice lively little spot.
    I could spend hours just sitting there...

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    I have a couple pointers:

- At the Cozy Cone, when you get an iced cream cone, and it is warmer than 80-degrees out, and the chocolate dip cracks, the ice cream will get EVERYWHERE!

- Goofy's flight school is a very jerky ride and could use replacing.

- If you are the host of a large group, you can roll two or three park maps together to make a telescoping pole of paper so that everyone can see you when it gets crowded.

- The Tiki Room doubles as a nice, cool place to take a nap.

- Dole Whips are good, but are loaded with sugar.

- If you tell the Toy Story-themed characters that "Andy is coming", they have written permission to give you an Indian burn.

- While tossing coins in fountains and other bodies of water is sometimes considered good luck, you better stop doing it. It kills the inhabitants and therefor is the opposite of good luck.

- Disneyland is for the young at heart, but the old at heart really should avoid the park due to the extensive walking and long periods of standing required.

- If you need specific info, or seek lesser-known trivia, the popcorn sweepers are usually your best bet.

- Don't go on Gadgets Go-Coaster. Just don't.
    A couple of these gave me a chuckle (namely the Andy's coming one); I like the Tiki Room one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    As of last Sunday, Roger Rabbit and Autopia are no longer disconnected from the FP system. I personally tested them both.
    Argh. I guess I'll have to edit that one. I mean, this was going to happen sooner or later with MM+ coming eventually, but I was hoping it would be "later." Thanks.

• former CM

1. 838 or 39? "Unused “no expiration” Walt Disney World tickets can be used at Disneyland. If you’re making Disneyland and Walt Disney World trips in the same year, your best bet might be the 10-day “No Expiration” Walt Disney World Parkhopper ticket."

This one above was news to me.
    Does it have to be a Parkhopper?
    Does it expire one year after the first use
    or on Dec. 31 of the year it was first used or purchased?

Wow! Tons of info and well researched.

Thanks.

The pins you buy in large lots on Ebay are definitely fakes. You can trade them with the cast members just the same, but then their lanyards end up being full of fakes, which makes it difficult for other traders trying to find real pins. But they are very inexpensive, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast