Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So what makes you "Happy" at the Disneyland Resort?

I understand that nothing is perfect in this world. Not even the Disneyland Resort that many of us visit. However, there must be many many things that make Disneyland Resort visitors happy. Other wise the place wouldn't be around these many many years.

So my question to you is this.

What makes you "Happy" at the Disneyland Resort?

I can think of many things.

The rides. The music. The flowers. The characters. The atmosphere. The history. The fireworks. The food. The Parades.

Those are general replies. Feel free to get as specific as you like as to what has made you happy at Disneyland.

Re: So what makes you "Happy" at the Disneyland Resort?

I think it's the music more than anything. It's what drives the emotion for everything, from the lands, to the attractions and shows.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

just being there.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

You're SO RIGHT! Oh, this could be a very long list...but these are a few of the things that make Disneyland my happy place:
    The smell of POTC
    That first whoooosh! in Space Mountain (and every one after it) -- the uncontrollable giggles that follow.
    The gorgeous gardens, and the occasional glimpse of baby ducks and other wildlife.
    The collective, spontaneous "oooh"s and "ahhhh"s that accompany the fireworks.
    Christmas "snow" on Main Street
    Watching some kid trying to sit still and smile just-so while having their portrait done in New Orleans Square
    The stretching portraits, the graveyard quartet...oh everything in the Haunted Mansion!
    The golden glow coming through the castle arch from the carousel at night
    Sailing over London and NeverNeverland
    Those giddy knowing smiles, full of anticipation, exchanged between strangers as you make your way toward the gates first thing in the morning.
    The shared stories with strangers waiting in line -- learning about people you'd never cross paths with under any other circumstances.
    An excuse to eat corn dogs (hand-dipped!) and churros and Mickey-shaped ice cream -- what a place to walk those calories off!
    So much more than thrill rides!

There's so many things, off the top of my head they are

The smells throughout the park of the foods. I rarely buy them when I'm there, but the churros, popcorn, corndogs---they all smell so good!

The atmosphere and the theming of the lands. Every land is unique and tells a different story and there's always something new to explore.

Seeing characters walking around or doing meet and greets. This is their home and I love seeing the magic they bring and all the smiles they get from guests.

The smells of the water near splash mountain or in paradise pier, I love it!

the music playing in all the lands, especially main street. I love hearing the dapper dans or the ragtime piano being played live.

The sight of sleeping beauty castle!

Disneyland and DCA at night. Seriously is there anything more beautiful and stunning?

The ducks and birds that live at the resort. they look so happy and content. And the little birds that try to share my food are so fat and adorable, you know they enjoy disneyland!

Sitting on the Mark Twain next to my husand. It's so peaceful!

The flowers and landscaping that is always in perfect, well cared for condition.

And so much more that I can't think of at this time in the morning

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Being there on one's birthday, and getting special birthday shoutouts from fellow guests and castmembers.

Seeing Walt's Lamp burning bright in the firehouse apartment window.

Watching Dumbo and Tinker Bell flying across the sky during the Fireworks show, and being able to fly myself on Peter Pan's Flight.

Watching the silhouette artists doing their magic with the scissors on Main Street in the Silhouette Shop.

Walking through the turnstiles makes me happy. Each and every time I do it on a multiday trip.

Buying an Annual Pass for the very first time, and realizing that I can now visit more often.

Happiness is eating a Matterhorn Macaroon, a Dole Whip, and those delightfully delicious "Melt in your mouth beignets"

Taking pictures of anything, and everything, and knowing the hours of enjoyment those pictures will bring me when I'm away from the resort.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Outside of the normal stuff...

A tower 10 IPA while sitting next to the fire in the lobby of the Grand after a LONG day in park.

• And Dad was my hero.

Watching my 2.5 yr old daughter's face and hearing her say "again, again"

Mickey ice cream sandwiches.

The music.

The colors.

Stangers that don't know each other or us talking to each other or us in line.

Truly happy CMs

• i believe in faeries.

I get giddy entering the esplanade... and even more so once past the turnstiles! the sights of a perfect little town: main street, with the hub ahead, separating this magical place into magical lands. the smell of Gibson girl waffle cones and popcorn, the smell of pirates. the sounds of music throughout... somehow you forget it's piped in and it just becomes part of the atmosphere. being forever 8 years old and choosing my newest pair of mickey ears.

• Blew By You

I love adding memories to my mind. I always like to believe that each visit is connected to all of my other visits, and I weave a mosaic of memories that I draw from. Then I can tell of my memories and experiences to others, like the old days of communication via oral tradition. Plus, while at Disneyland, I get to use all of my sensories to add to my memory bank.

• Chief Troublemaker

It's just that at Disneyland I can completely leave the 'adult world' and all it's problems, fears, and troubles far behind me. There's just a 'lightness' to being there.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

For me, it's just the simple magic of being there with my family.

Watching my 43 year old boyfriend turn into a 5 year old.

• Evil is Sexy

Just being there starts the happiness.
    The atmosphere
    CM's who still care and interact with guests with that Disney Magic
    The landscaping/accenting/details
    Walt's Light
    Peter Pan roaming around doing Peter Pan things (Same with Alice and Mad Hatter)
    Anything Haunted Mansion
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Based upon our last trip to Disneyland back in September, 2012 I have to say the one thing that made me the happiest was seeing the park through the virgin eyes of my five year old son. I was able to disregard the unrealistic expectations of being a cynical adult and experience the park like I used to when I was a child.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast