Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

I say yes to both attractions but I would also like to see some rides based on marvel and more Star Wars rides

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Now a Star Wars land would be great! I don't know if I see them putting something like that in DCA or Disneyland, can only hope. I think both marvel and star wars would be quite popular.

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    And BTW, Pixar has been more Disney than Walt Disney Studios for the last 15 plus years. Pixar is Disney. They are one in the same and their MASSIVE success helps fund and create much of what you love in the parks.

You might as well be saying, " gosh there is just to much DISNEY in DCA. They just might as well change the name to Disney California Adventure."
    Its ridiculous and we should all thank the heavans to have Pixar because, for the most part, Disney movies have sucked over the past 20o years.

Pixar IS Disney.
    With respect to your opinion, I don't think anyone here is disputing that Pixar is "Disney." As I read it, the argument that some here have made is that there is too much of the Pixar aspect of Disney in DCA at the expense of other Disney franchises and original, non-franchise based imagineering. So, IMHO, saying that there is too much Pixar in DCA is not necessarily the same as saying there is too much Disney in DCA.

• Minion

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    With respect to your opinion, I don't think anyone here is disputing that Pixar is "Disney." As I read it, the argument that some here have made is that there is too much of the Pixar aspect of Disney in DCA at the expense of other Disney franchises and original, non-franchise based imagineering. So, IMHO, saying that there is too much Pixar in DCA is not necessarily the same as saying there is too much Disney in DCA.
    It's 2013, and "original, non-franchise based imagineering" does not put people through the turnstyles anymore.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    The Neverland Files: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood

I think these would be better than a monsters land
    Why Wasn't It Built?
    Unfortunately, Disney and Amblin Entertainment (Steven Spielberg's company that co-financed the film) got into an argument over the rights to the character. No new films were produced and the popularity of the character waned, decreasing the desire for a Roger Rabbit attraction.

Considering Amblin's now DreamWorks and their movies are now distributed by Disney, and former DreamWorks producer and Spielberg pal Kathleen Kennedy is now in charge of LucasFilm, is there any reason why there couldn't be a sequel to "WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT"? The original was a huge hit.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf...movieland1.jpg

It would be cool if they were to reconstruct this, though.

I live nearby, and the real site of the original Disney Studios on Hyperion is a Gelson's Supermarket.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Both the Muppet Studios and Roger Rabbit concepts would be a much better fit for that area than Monsters, Inc. (though Roger Rabbit would be somewhat redundant with Mickey's Toontown). However, the concept art for a recreation of Disney's Hyperion Studio would be a perfect fit for a redesign of the Animation building. I would completely refresh that whole block with its ugly facades barely concealing the boxy show building.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    is there any reason why there couldn't be a sequel to "WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT"? The original was a huge hit.
    This is wildly off topic, but please please no. Despite his name being in the title, Roger was not the star of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, it was Eddie Valiant. Hoskins has retired and is suffering from Parkinsons and would not be able to return for a new film, and a new Roger Rabbit film without Eddie Valiant is a stupendously bad idea. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of my favorite films of all time and I would love to see a greater presence in the paks, but I don't want a new movie. Ever.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    It's 2013, and "original, non-franchise based imagineering" does not put people through the turnstyles anymore.
    The public hasn't been given a chance to say yes or no to non-franchise imagineering: it's been decades since Disneyland built an attraction of the quality level of Pirates, Haunted Mansion and the other non-franchise based attractions that once made Disneyland synonymous with originality, innovation and showmanship.

But it's a moot point -- non-franchise innovation is dead at Disneyland. Disney Parks management is dedicated to Eisner's mandate that "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides." Disney's increasingly homogenized parks are run from the top down by risk-averse financial officers and strategic planners who will greenlight nothing that isn't based on brand promotion.

Disneyland is fast becoming a marketing mall with rides. A franchise brand infomercial that you pay to see.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I love the idea of the Tron cycles using the PM track. Not completely sold on expanding the Monster's Inc presence but as others have said, it's already there. Would prefer something that would be a better fit, which means removing the current Monsters ride and updating the entire area to things that are movie or movie studio based.

I'll believe both are happening when I'm riding them.

Part of me really wants to see what this whole Brad Bird Tomorrowland movie is about, and if it's a major success, I'd sooner see that​ drive the design over new Tomorrowland rather than another mishmash of various movie franchises.

That's something I want the new Tomorrowland to have: a relatively cohesive theme.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I like the Tron idea, but like it our not Rocket Rods maybe the last non movie attraction in DL.
    Dave

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The public hasn't been given a chance to say yes or no to non-franchise imagineering: it's been decades since Disneyland built an attraction of the quality level of Pirates, Haunted Mansion and the other non-franchise based attractions that once made Disneyland synonymous with originality, innovation and showmanship.
    Not true. Everest isn't based on any specific franchise and that was a huge E-Ticket. But the ride didn't exactly draw the crowds Disney was hoping and Harry Potter came along and hurt the Florida resort's ego so badly that Disney has to do what they need to in order to compete.

But it's a moot point -- non-franchise innovation is dead at Disneyland. Disney Parks management is dedicated to Eisner's mandate that "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides." Disney's increasingly homogenized parks are run from the top down by risk-averse financial officers and strategic planners who will greenlight nothing that isn't based on brand promotion.

Disneyland is fast becoming a marketing mall with rides. A franchise brand infomercial that you pay to see.
    Snow White
    Peter Pan
    Pinocchio
    Wind in the Willows
    Sleeping Beauty
    Dumbo x2
    Alice in Wonderland x2

Every single one of those are based on a specific Disney movie and every single one was in the park prior to Walt's death.

Not only that, but Disney's biggest property this millennium was one based off a ride, with more on the way (Big Thunder's tv show, the Mr. Toad movie). So why Iger hasn't embraced using theme park attractions as franchise starters is a headscratcher, since he has the clearest evidence he needs its succesful.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    Part of me really wants to see what this whole Brad Bird Tomorrowland movie is about, and if it's a major success, I'd sooner see that​ drive the design over new Tomorrowland rather than another mishmash of various movie franchises.

That's something I want the new Tomorrowland to have: a relatively cohesive theme.
    It has nothing to do with Disneyland.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast