Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    If they do go for a 'moto' bike .... I do hope they would go for a design ... where we can keep our backs .. upright.

Having ridden Knott's Pony Express ... that was one uncomfortable sitting position. Disney would have to do something different.
    The position is sort of the whole gimmick. Pony Express is a Zamperla coaster. The only thing that may help is the possibility to Vekoma (Disney's go to coaster company) having a better restraint design.

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

i for one wouldnt be against dca morphing into what we all know it's becoming - disney pixarland. the original cali theme was pretty weak, given that most of us already live here. the original cali themed attractions were anywhere from ok to the worst ride disney has ever released (super star limo and mullholland). changing it to pixarland would at least finally cut the cord with the cheaptastic shoddy park that opened up 10 years ago. as someone who visited in the first year, and was totally underwhelmed, that's not a bad thing.

anyway a retheme of the other rides wouldnt be a bad idea and i think would attract more attention from visitors. monsters land, bugs life land, carsland... midway mania, pixar play parade, crush... basically the most popular rides are pixar based anyway. you could easily retheme the generic carnival rides to finding nemo land... u could turn grizzly mtn into some sort of brave theme.

honestly a strong pixar vibe would be pretty neat i think. it would put dca on the map too as a place all disney and pixar fans must visit. it would also finally give an overall theme to the park - not a single new attraction has been unequivocally californian since the park opened (carsland maybe but its more arizonian if anything). obviously the new entry retheme would go against that, but maybe in another 10 years it's something tda can do and finally make pixarland.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

thomaslw, what is the relationship between the Pixar films outside of the studio and Easter eggs that would create an immersive environment?

•   
    • Artistic integrity

If I may say ... I think this "announcement" of Monsters Inc. "mini land" .. and "Tron/reskin the land" for TL is a bit jarring ... that does not seem to fit in the grand scheme of things.

Disney buys Marvel ... and thus - the "Marvel" attractions rumors for the DLR began to grow like the flu in winter. Like musical chairs - A "Tron" attraction is rumored for DL. Then insiders say - They turned it down. Then a Tony Stark/Iron Man EXPO takes the seat. Then Disney buys Lucas Film. And lately ... a poll emailed to some people about future "Star Wars" attractions. And the big fear ... they may level one of DL's original 5 lands, in favor of a one-franchise land.

Mix all this in .... with any other rumors swirling around for the last 3-5 years. Like what to do behind Screamin's west helix. Muppets gets a new theatrical film. First one in YEARS! - A possible facelift for Muppets presence in DCA??

Then I throw in ..... rumors of the last 7 or so years for Tomorrowland. And catch one post who said Tony Baxter had a new TL pitched to the execs 3 years ago, turned down. Probably for internal politic reasons .. and not it's content?? Bring on ... "Oz" land rumors .... "Lone Ranger" ride rumors ... Original ride for Frontierland rumors.

Talks of pushing the boundaries of TL to as close to Harbor Blvd. as possible.
    Then a full renovation becomes - Just one new attraction for the carousel building site (Stark EXPO). Then .... demolition plan to subs, Autopia. From there .... we go to "Tomorrowland may get one big renovation in one hit, rather than piecemeal." Back to "just one new attraction - Tron ... with just a reskin of the old Tomorrowland buildings, and a "Monsters Inc." mini land into the unfinished Hollywoodland.

Rumors tend to get all over the place. But this ridiculous!

And I always will keep Disney's imfamous line in mind - All content subject to change.

Tron ... Stark EXPO ... Tron .... in the next round of "musical chairs" ... what's next?

Whatever really happens in the next few years ... I do hope this talk of just ONE new attraction for Tomorrowland is only talk ... as much more is really needed for Tomorrowland. And as my signature below says ...... I do really, really hope common sense prevails ... and we see a proper relaunch of Tomorrowland that entails not just one new ride .. but a few others .. with something that takes up most of the route of the Peoplemover, if not all of it.

DCA? They went through the trouble to emphasis the "California" theme a bit. Why throw a monkey's wrench into that ... with a cartoon "mini land" that would be too small .. and a jarring fit to the 1930s/40s style of the rest of Hollywoodland?

Seems to me ... there are factions within WDI/Burbank execs ... wanting to get support for their ideas ... and use us as some sort of "gauge" - Well .... here's my final word .. for what it's worth:

Tron? If the only other choices are Star Wars, and Marvel .... then go TRON! And if it's their only solution to get something on the path/route of the Peoplemover .. then they get TWO THUMBS UP from me. The last thing I want to see in a newly renovated Tomorrowland .. is a land devoid of ANY ride that circles the land, above our heads - like the Peoplemover did. The land NEEDS kinetics! But not so fast, now! What was in Tony Baxter's TL plan from 3 years ago????? Better ideas for the Innovention's building?? Better idea for the P.M. track route??? I want to know!!!! I know of only one ride he had in mind - a "Wall E" ride-thru. What else was in that new TL?

And about Monsters Inc.? With the new film coming ... I can see some within the co. trying to get a momentum for such an idea. But as so many others have said here .... It's not a correct thematic fit for Hollywoodland.

I'm use to rumors being all over the place ... But this one .. just seems so "out from left field".... when compared to the grand scheme of developments of more recent times. I"m not sure what to take of it.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 04-11-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The position is sort of the whole gimmick. Pony Express is a Zamperla coaster. The only thing that may help is the possibility to Vekoma (Disney's go to coaster company) having a better restraint design.
    That back piece ... on the Pony Express .... pushing my body in that awkward position - Made me glad ... Pony Express was like a minute in length .. or less! LOL

I hated it.

And I'm sure I won't be the only one who would hate that uncomfortable seating position.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Made me glad ... Pony Express was like a minute in length .. or less! LOL
    ...snip...
    And I'm sure I won't be the only one who would hate that uncomfortable seating position.

Yeah, look at the screaming over the Matterhorn seats. And that's not forcing you into anything other than those foot holes! You can pick (sort of) how you angle your body within the car.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

It is interesting that the Tron rumor finally popped up on the internet again.
    Anyone remember when i posted that i had talked to someone that said they were excited about the new TRON attraction for Shanghai and they were considering it to be the next Franchise attraction. When they say Franchise attraction they refer to it as being an attraction that would eventually be cloned in other parks.
    In That same conversation the person said that they would be looking forward to the building and opening of the attraction in Shanghai because it would be give WDI the final approval for cloning.

The dates given in this new update seem to match with the timeline in that conversation since Shanghai is supposed to open in 2015/2016 just around Disneylands 60th anniversary. Its good to know that plans for this new thrill ride are still moving forward

• Senior Minion

If I may say ... I think this "announcement" of Monsters Inc. "mini land" .. and "Tron/reskin the land" for TL is a bit jarring ... that does not seem to fit in the grand scheme of things.

Disney buys Marvel ... and thus - the "Marvel" attractions rumors for the DLR began to grow like the flu in winter. Like musical chairs - A "Tron" attraction is rumored for DL. Then insiders say - They turned it down. Then a Tony Stark/Iron Man EXPO takes the seat. Then Disney buys Lucas Film. And lately ... a poll emailed to some people about future "Star Wars" attractions. And the big fear ... they may level one of DL's original 5 lands, in favor of a one-franchise land.

Mix all this in .... with any other rumors swirling around for the last 3-5 years. Like what to do behind Screamin's west helix. Muppets gets a new theatrical film. First one in YEARS! - A possible facelift for Muppets presence in DCA??

Then I throw in ..... rumors of the last 7 or so years for Tomorrowland. And catch one post who said Tony Baxter had a new TL pitched to the execs 3 years ago, turned down. Probably for internal politic reasons .. and not it's content?? Bring on ... "Oz" land rumors .... "Lone Ranger" ride rumors ... Original ride for Frontierland rumors.

Talks of pushing the boundaries of TL to as close to Harbor Blvd. as possible.
    Then a full renovation becomes - Just one new attraction for the carousel building site (Stark EXPO). Then .... demolition plan to subs, Autopia. From there .... we go to "Tomorrowland may get one big renovation in one hit, rather than piecemeal." Back to "just one new attraction - Tron ... with just a reskin of the old Tomorrowland buildings, and a "Monsters Inc." mini land into the unfinished Hollywoodland.

Rumors tend to get all over the place. But this ridiculous!

And I always will keep Disney's imfamous line in mind - All content subject to change.

Tron ... Stark EXPO ... Tron .... in the next round of "musical chairs" ... what's next?

Whatever really happens in the next few years ... I do hope this talk of just ONE new attraction for Tomorrowland is only talk ... as much more is really needed for Tomorrowland. And as my signature below says ...... I do really, really hope common sense prevails ... and we see a proper relaunch of Tomorrowland that entails not just one new ride .. but a few others .. with something that takes up most of the route of the Peoplemover, if not all of it.

DCA? They went through the trouble to emphasis the "California" theme a bit. Why throw a monkey's wrench into that ... with a cartoon "mini land" that would be too small .. and a jarring fit to the 1930s/40s style of the rest of Hollywoodland?

Seems to me ... there are factions within WDI/Burbank execs ... wanting to get support for their ideas ... and use us as some sort of "gauge" - Well .... here's my final word .. for what it's worth:

Tron? If the only other choices are Star Wars, and Marvel .... then go TRON! And if it's their only solution to get something on the path/route of the Peoplemover .. then they get TWO THUMBS UP from me. The last thing I want to see in a newly renovated Tomorrowland .. is a land devoid of ANY ride that circles the land, above our heads - like the Peoplemover did. The land NEEDS kinetics! But not so fast, now! What was in Tony Baxter's TL plan from 3 years ago????? Better ideas for the Innovention's building?? Better idea for the P.M. track route??? I want to know!!!! I know of only one ride he had in mind - a "Wall E" ride-thru. What else was in that new TL?

And about Monsters Inc.? With the new film coming ... I can see some within the co. trying to get a momentum for such an idea. But as so many others have said here .... It's not a correct thematic fit for Hollywoodland.

I'm use to rumors being all over the place ... But this one .. just seems so "out from left field".... when compared to the grand scheme of developments of more recent times. I"m not sure what to take of it.
    I totally understand where you're coming from, but I'm not really surprised. They really had to see how successful the new DCA would be before they could know what the next steps should be. And most of the rumors actually make sense, I'm sure they have many different proposals to choose from and the overwhelming success of DCA has impacted everything.

I really think that the success of DCA has probably moved the third gate into serious focus. It really does seem now that they are saving Marvel and Star Wars for the third gate. It sure suggests that's part of the reason the Iron Man concepts have been postponed, they're likely to reappear in the third gate. I never thought that those surveys were about turning TL into Star Wars land. I think its about third gate planning.

But Monster's was out of left field and I'm hoping its a proposal that they decide not to pursue. I completely agree with you about Tron being a reasonable solution to bringing life back to TL and Monster's making little sense. They did put a lot of money into improving the California theme and these suggestions that they are leaving the California theme behind don't make sense at all.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That's kind of weak. So the name just describes that it is a Disney owned Adventure Park in California? Then why the continued emphasis on California in the [ugly] new logo?
    I am making assumptions based on my own idea of what I think they are trying to do I guess.

• Senior Minion

Well, I'm not going to see Monster's University now. I hope it's a flop, I'm sure it won't be, but I hope it is.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It is interesting that the Tron rumor finally popped up on the internet again.
    Anyone remember when i posted that i had talked to someone that said they were excited about the new TRON attraction for Shanghai and they were considering it to be the next Franchise attraction. When they say Franchise attraction they refer to it as being an attraction that would eventually be cloned in other parks.
    In That same conversation the person said that they would be looking forward to the building and opening of the attraction in Shanghai because it would be give WDI the final approval for cloning.

The dates given in this new update seem to match with the timeline in that conversation since Shanghai is supposed to open in 2015/2016 just around Disneylands 60th anniversary. Its good to know that plans for this new thrill ride are still moving forward
    Cool to hear some corroborating information as this is the far more appealing project.
    -Walt Disney

If they do Monstropolis it should not be very visible from Hollywoodland. It would be completely out of place near a 1930 Hollywood setting. A way to transition the land, is to say the monsters from all the 1930's (and before) monsters movies (Frankenstein's monster and his bride, Dracula, Mr. Hyde, King Kong,the Mummy, Werewolf, and others) came from Monstropolis.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

When I read Tron Ride, I immediately thought Pony Express from Knott's Berry Farm. Instead of horses, you'll have the light cycles.
    Name:  pony.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  94.7 KB
    Image source: Day5Knotts43.jpg Photo by TeknikDC2 | Photobucket

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    If they do Monstropolis it should not be very visible from Hollywoodland. It would be completely out of place near a 1930 Hollywood setting.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they getting essentially planning on turning the current Hollywood area to Monstropolis? Won't there no longer be a Hollywood section?

A way to transition the land, is to say the monsters from all the 1930's (and before) monsters movies (Frankenstein's monster and his bride, Dracula, Mr. Hyde, King Kong,the Mummy, Werewolf, and others) came from Monstropolis.
    Those are all owned by Universal, that won't happen.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they getting essentially planning on turning the current Hollywood area to Monstropolis? Won't there no longer be a Hollywood section?
    It was my understanding that only the area behind the false facades along Hollwood Blvd. would become Monstropolis. There's no way they're taking out ToT and I don't think they have any plans to remove Animation, the stores or Playhouse Disney. Who knows if Award Wieners or Shmoozie's would stay. My guess would be the Award Wieners will stay and Shmoozie's will go.
    -Walt Disney

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast