Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Looks like they beat me to it lol. Posted before I read the comments. Oh well.

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they getting essentially planning on turning the current Hollywood area to Monstropolis? Won't there no longer be a Hollywood section?
    The entrance to HWL to Hyperion Theater to TOT are all staying. Muppets, Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, Millionaire, Hollywood & Dine will become Monstropolis.

Those are all owned by Universal, that won't happen
    They could be Pixar/Disney version of those monsters. They for sure can't resemble the Universal monsters and probably can't be named.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

The TRON lightcycle ride could be like this but thru TL and maybe an inside section replacing Innovention.

Ohh you wait.....Star Wars and Marvel lands are coming...but in a third theme park...where they'll have a big budget and even more land to really make use of these idea's and characters
    I hope you are correct!

• Minion

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they getting essentially planning on turning the current Hollywood area to Monstropolis? Won't there no longer be a Hollywood section?

Those are all owned by Universal, that won't happen.
    It was just an example. NOt all monster movies are owned by Universal

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It sure suggests that's part of the reason the Iron Man concepts have been postponed, they're likely to reappear in the third gate.
    I am curious as to what the Tron coaster would mean for the future of the Carousel Theater. Unless that segment of track is bypassed it sure would complicate removing the building for Mr. Stark, much less removing even more where the guideway sits above the Submarine Lagoon. I am also curious as to where such an attraction would load. The Rocket Rods entrance is now occupied and the main Tomorrowland promenade is far too small, even if the Astro Orbitor was moved to its proper place. Could the Tron attraction be based in or at the site of the Carousel Theater? The ground floor could be queue space while the upper level could be a show room.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I am curious as to what the Tron coaster would mean for the future of the Carousel Theater. Unless that segment of track is bypassed it sure would complicate removing the building for Mr. Stark, much less removing even more where the guideway sits above the Submarine Lagoon. I am also curious as to where such an attraction would load. The Rocket Rods entrance is now occupied and the main Tomorrowland promenade is far too small, even if the Astro Orbitor was moved to its proper place. Could the Tron attraction be based in or at the site of the Carousel Theater? The ground floor could be queue space while the upper level could be a show room.
    The only space outside of the Carousal of Progress is the Arcade...there is more then enough space if they used the bottom floor as the Q and the Top floor as the loading area

• Banned User

What if they finially did something with the Starcade?

I'm of the opinion that this is a great idea.

For those seriously concerned about DCA becoming Pixar-land, I'd venture a guess that Bugs Land is not long for this world. It combined with the leftover Timon lot seem to be the last logical place for expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    The only space outside of the Carousal of Progress is the Arcade...there is more then enough space if they used the bottom floor as the Q and the Top floor as the loading area
    I will be upset if the Carousal Theater was only use for the queue and loading. It should be use for a show room. IMO TRON should be completely indoors and the old PM route should be replace by a similar ride to PM. But if the only choice was between TRON Light Cycles on the PM route or nothing, I would foresure pick the Lightcycles

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    The entrance to HWL to Hyperion Theater to TOT are all staying. Muppets, Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, Millionaire, Hollywood & Dine will become Monstropolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It was my understanding that only the area behind the false facades along Hollwood Blvd. would become Monstropolis. There's no way they're taking out ToT and I don't think they have any plans to remove Animation, the stores or Playhouse Disney. Who knows if Award Wieners or Shmoozie's would stay. My guess would be the Award Wieners will stay and Shmoozie's will go.
    Thank you both for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    It was just an example. NOt all monster movies are owned by Universal
    Just about all of the well known classics are, though.

• Minion

Thank you both for clarifying!

Just about all of the well known classics are, though.
    There are classics that aren't universal that are well known too. Nosferatu, the blob, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, The fly, Godzilla, Night of the living dead, list goes on...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That said, how do you tie it into Pixar plush sales?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That said, how do you tie it into Pixar plush sales?
    I dont even know lol. Montropolis just shouldnt be done at this point lol. Really interested to see what else they have (MAROON STUDIOS FTW)

• Senior Minion

I hope they consider building Monstropolis in the third gate. It would be a better fit with Marvel and Star Wars then it is with DCA. It would also be a good land to feature more kids attractions in a park that will need something for kids. You could do a few things for kids with Star Wars, but I assume most of the Marvel attractions will be more aimed at an older audience.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast