Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Really interested to see what else they have (MAROON STUDIOS FTW)
    Now, THAT I can get behind!

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    There are classics that aren't universal that are well known too. Nosferatu, the blob, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, The fly, Godzilla, Night of the living dead, list goes on...
    True, I just think it's a real stretch.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I will be upset if the Carousal Theater was only use for the queue and loading. It should be use for a show room. IMO TRON should be completely indoors and the old PM route should be replace by a similar ride to PM. But if the only choice was between TRON Light Cycles on the PM route or nothing, I would foresure pick the Lightcycles
    Well that's why I said besides that...we have the Starcade...which lets face it doesn't need to exist any more

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The more pertinent question is what in Tomorrowland needs to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I hope they consider building Monstropolis in the third gate. It would be a better fit with Marvel and Star Wars then it is with DCA. It would also be a good land to feature more kids attractions in a park that will need something for kids. You could do a few things for kids with Star Wars, but I assume most of the Marvel attractions will be more aimed at an older audience.
    Bingo!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

"Other Worlds" could be the theme: Heroes, Villains & Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    "Other Worlds" could be the theme: Heroes, Villains & Mystery
    ​That could be fun.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney Dimensions park?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney Dimensions park?
    Yes!, put monstropolis and maybe oz and some original lands. Nice idea

• Filmmaker

You know, I really would prefer that Disneyland's third gate (when and if it ever happens) not be simply "Disney's Miscellaneous Franchises Adventure."

If Star Wars/Marvel/Monstropolis/whatever-the-heck have a thematically appropriate place in the new park, great, I'm more than happy with that. However, I feel the theme of the park should dictate the theme of the attractions, not vice-versa.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Fair enough

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    You know, I really would prefer that Disneyland's third gate (when and if it ever happens) not be simply "Disney's Miscellaneous Franchises Adventure."

If Star Wars/Marvel/Monstropolis/whatever-the-heck have a thematically appropriate place in the new park, great, I'm more than happy with that. However, I feel the theme of the park should dictate the theme of the attractions, not vice-versa.
    In a perfect world I would agree, but we all know that today's Disney is not interested in creating unique themes but finding ways to use franchise film properties. Since that is the case, I'd rather see a park that has a theme with a broad overall concept that accepts that goal. If they're going to create lands based on individual properties it should be done in a park that has an overall theme that works with that goal not against it. I don't think this would at all be a misc. franchise adventure if you choose the franchises that would feel most at home together. These all have a lot of similar characteristics that would go together better then with most other Disney and Pixar stuff. Like California Adventurer said, alternate dimensions and realities, but also adventure, heroes, monster like characters who are both good and evil and some sense of technology and modernism.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Thanks for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    In a perfect world I would agree, but we all know that today's Disney is not interested in creating unique themes but finding ways to use franchise film properties. Since that is the case, I'd rather see a park that has a theme with a broad overall concept that accepts that goal. If they're going to create lands based on individual properties it should be done in a park that has an overall theme that works with that goal not against it. I don't think this would at all be a misc. franchise adventure if you choose the franchises that would feel most at home together. These all have a lot of similar characteristics that would go together better then with most other Disney and Pixar stuff. Like California Adventurer said, alternate dimensions and realities, but also adventure, heroes, monster like characters who are both good and evil and some sense of technology and modernism.

I don't want it to be a dumping ground like the backside of DHS either, but that was why I put it out there.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Being that far from the parking and the main entrance plaza, Park 3 will seem like it's in another dimension, anyway.

I thought this video of Test Track 2.0 with Tron audio was cool.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

that is too fun! I wasn't a huge fan of the tron movie but I feel like it would make for an amazing attraction

Quote Originally Posted by javalos1991 View Post
    When I read Tron Ride, I immediately thought Pony Express from Knott's Berry Farm. Instead of horses, you'll have the light cycles.
    That's what I thought of, too. IIRC Disney doesn't operate any of this type of coaster on any of it's properties, and it's becoming a popular type of coaster, too. I'm all for this one.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast