Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

^

Great post, SidVicious .

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    If you recall the movie, Monsters borrows concepts that are Hollywood-like. It has sets that are like movie sets where the monsters are trained to scare kids...
    Monsters is set in a factory-like environment. The "set" was used for training purposes only, not entertainment. I don't think anyone watching the movie would see that scene and go, "You know what this puts me in mind of? 1940's Hollywood!"

Actually, I think Ratatouille has more of a filmmaking subtext, commenting on the animation industry with Gusteau's as a metaphor for Disney, but I still wouldn't put it in Hollywoodland.
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 04-16-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Senior Minion

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    ...Even if this coaster is amazing and thrilling, it would feel like a lazy decision to add a ride with no regard to theme. Anyone else think this is a step backwards to DCA? It's sucks because it overshadows my excitement for TL getting something. I'm glad they decided to put Frontierland on hold and work on what's already in the park that needs to be fixed. Funny how the article described TL as the "DCA of Disneyland", if Monstropolis comes into fruition then Hollywood Land will turn into the "Tomorrowland of DCA."
    Nail on the head.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Hollywood Land is already the Tomorrowland of DCA. Monstropolis will only strengthen it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I'm a little late to the game on this but considering all of these arguments about whether or not rides like TLM or Carsland can fit into the park respectively, there is a point where you have to say "now they're reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally stretching it" in regards to theme: and I think a Monsters Inc miniland in an area supposed to be themed to 1930s Hollywood IS IT. I cannot find any sort of correlation of even a remote idea of a correlation that could associate Monsters Inc with the new intended theme for the land unless they change the theme of the land entirely or keep it as Studio Backlot or just make the whole land a mini version of DHS. I would be very disappointed if they take this route, and as one poster pointed out, the concept of Hollywoodland has far more potential and is more visually and immersively appealing than a theme intended to resemble movie sets. After all, one of the original complaints of Studio Backlot was that it was a pointless experience when you could visit the real deal with just an hour's drive.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Team Hail HYDRA

I really think building Monstropolis is a great idea. i don't think it belongs at DCA. This would be great for DHS in my opinion.

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Really, if you wanted to just do a blanket movie tie in land, or subland, in the Hollywood section of the park.... Shouldn't it be the set of a "LIVE ACTION" movie, not a world of animated characters? Once upon a time, that's what the purpose of TOON TOWN was for- it was the area you stepped back into the cartoon world. The rest of Disney wasn't a cartoon world. Bugs Land, Carsland, now a third cartoon land? This is another reason so many people don't like the idea.

• Galactic Member

Pixar is Disney and DCA is a Disney Park. We are just going to see more and more Pixar charachter and attractions in the Disney Parks. Also, I do not understand why people want the Great Movie Ride in DCA. I recently went on it in DHS and it is so boring my 15 year old nephew actually fell asleep.
    Galactic Member

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Really, if you wanted to just do a blanket movie tie in land, or subland, in the Hollywood section of the park.... Shouldn't it be the set of a "LIVE ACTION" movie, not a world of animated characters? Once upon a time, that's what the purpose of TOON TOWN was for- it was the area you stepped back into the cartoon world. The rest of Disney wasn't a cartoon world. Bugs Land, Carsland, now a third cartoon land? This is another reason so many people don't like the idea.
    Bingo. The toonification of the DLR is testament to the heavy-hitter position that Disney Consumer Marketing holds in Disney Corp -- a hierarchy-within-the-hierarchy that's focused on marketing to kids. That's kids as in kid demographics, not as "the kid in all of us" or "young at heart."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spacejockey View Post
    Pixar is Disney and DCA is a Disney Park.
    Should Disney have done a Pulp Fiction attraction? How about something staring Jay and Silent Bob?

• Galactic Member

Should Disney have done a Pulp Fiction attraction?
    I believe Disney would utilize more current family friendly based attractions to experience. However, a Pulp Fiction dance party would rock!
    Galactic Member

•   

Ok Im a little late to the party but never to late to bring back a topic. Monstropolis may not be the best idea ever and maybe it wont fit into the theme but guess what........people are still going to go the only reason we care is because we have such high expectations. Honestly i would love to step foot in m onstropolis i think that would be amazing! and thats the whole point of disney to be apart of the action which is what carsland does it brings you into Radiator springs so whats the difference with Monstroplis? And Tron sounds like an amazing idea and we can all agree we would rather see both the people mover track used for something and we would want to see innoventions go bye bye and this gives us both of these things. So hate on me all you want but personally in love both of these ideas

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bingo.
    Nothing warms my heart like a "Bingo" from Wiggins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    So hate on me all you want but personally in love both of these ideas

Throw this one in there, too:

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    ..people are still going to go the only reason we care is because we have such high expectations.
    Darn that Walt for setting the bar so high! We don't need it!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If only he'd built "Amusementland" instead of "Disneyland" right?