Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
    may not be the best idea ever and maybe it wont fit into the theme but guess what........people are still going to go
    That is exactly what Disney was saying before February 2001.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That is exactly what Disney was saying before February 2001.
    Bravo

•   

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Bravo
    and people did go to dca to an extent it was just not as good as they expected and they still have carsland which is going to hold up the attendance on its own(lets face it) so monstroplis will be a cute little distraction for the large cars land crowds.

give an aesthetic reskin to Tomorrowland and create a more modern and sleeker version of the circa 1967-77 buildings there
    Will the new aesthetic reskin be Tron themed too? I could see TL looking like the Grid at night with the Lightcycles zooming though TL and completing the look. But how would it look like in the day time when the grid never had 'sun light'? I'm guessing it might be similar to the facade of Star Tour. How did ElecTRONica props look like in the day time?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

I know not everyone will agree with this, but I think they should use the area in the backlot for the company's biggest star franchise right now--The Avengers. Don't make a mini-land out of it, just keep the area's theme as Hollywood and build a technological, thrilling E ticket themed to the Avengers defending Los Angeles from attack. Tony Stark has a home in the area, so it makes sense, and they can feature a number of landmarks from the area to keep it in the California theme.

The only stumbling block to it I can see would be negotiating all those actor's likenesses: $$$.
    Last edited by jimmay; 04-21-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    I know not everyone will agree with this, but I think they should use the area in the backlot for the company's biggest star franchise right now--The Avengers. Don't make a mini-land out of it, just keep the area's theme as Hollywood and build a technological, thrilling E ticket themed to the Avengers defending Los Angeles from attack. Tony Stark has a home in the area, so it makes sense, and they can feature a number of landmarks from the area to keep it in the California theme.

The only stumbling block to it I can see would be negotiating all those actor's likenesses: $$$.
    The area is no longer the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. It is now Hollywood Land, and supposed to represent the 1930s/1940s.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The area is no longer the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. It is now Hollywood Land, and supposed to represent the 1930s/1940s.
    So they claim. I don't know about you, but I don't exactly feel whisked into the 1930s in the Monsters Inc/Muppets area. I can't see much fitting that theme attraction-wise, either. I really don't want to see a Dick Tracy or Rocketeer ride, and, although I'd love a newer, better Great Movie ride with classic movies only, most people haven't seen anything older than Star Wars, so that's not going to happen.

My Avengers idea breaks the 1930s theme, granted, but at least if there are some Los Angeles ties to the ride it would fit better than another Monsters Inc. ride.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Minion

So the meet and greet concept art actually looks like it fits with hollywoodland. There are defenatly better ideas, but i think im slowly coming to terms with this rumor

• Minion

The concept art for the Monsters meet and greet looks nothing like 1930s Hollywood, in my opinion.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

As long as Tower of Terror is there, Hollywoodland will never be themed to the 1930's...it's a hotel abandoned in 1939, the ride story dictates that it has to be at least the 1960's for it to make sense and tie in with the a Twilight Zone and everything. IMO, they might as well just give up the 1930's vibe as it really doesn't work at all, and just bite the bullet and do the best with the soundstage look they've already established.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    As long as Tower of Terror is there, Hollywoodland will never be themed to the 1930's...it's a hotel abandoned in 1939, the ride story dictates that it has to be at least the 1960's for it to make sense and tie in with the a Twilight Zone and everything. IMO, they might as well just give up the 1930's vibe as it really doesn't work at all, and just bite the bullet and do the best with the soundstage look they've already established.
    When does it dictate that it takes place in the 60's? Couldn't the story take place somewhere in the late 40's maybe early 50's? Just because the twilight zone was aired in the late 50's and 60's doesn't mean the attraction takes place in that time. There are many episodes that take place in various time periods

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    The concept art for the Monsters meet and greet looks nothing like 1930s Hollywood, in my opinion.
    I just think I could blend well since that's already an existing structure in hollywoodland, but I guess you're right. I don't think this will come to fruition anyway...I doubt that they would put that much work into DCA and just ruin it with monstropolis. There has to be other property/ original ideas on the table.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    When does it dictate that it takes place in the 60's? Couldn't the story take place somewhere in the late 40's maybe early 50's? Just because the twilight zone was aired in the late 50's and 60's doesn't mean the attraction takes place in that time. There are many episodes that take place in various time periods
    The ride is self-aware and refers to itself as a unique episode--for Rod Sterling to narrate the ride, it must take place after 1959

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    The ride is self-aware and refers to itself as a unique episode--for Rod Sterling to narrate the ride, it must take place after 1959
    And this unique episode couldn't have taken place in an earlier era? Rod Sterling narrates many episodes of the twilight zone that take place in various time periods.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    And this unique episode couldn't have taken place in an earlier era? Rod Sterling narrates many episodes of the twilight zone that take place in various time periods.
    right, but we aren't part of an episode that takes place earlier..

look, we enter the hotel after it's been abandoned. That automatically puts us at 1940 at the very earliest--this already contradicts the idea of the 1930's.

then we enter the library where we watch the Twilight Zone...that puts us at at least 1959. We aren't part of an episode, the episode is about the 1939 Hollywood Tower Hotel. The only part we, the guests, play is the part of exploring the hotel...we aren't part of an episode of the Twilight Zone, we are the episode's audience that investigates the story behind the episode further.

Either way, with the Tower of Terror looming in the background, Hollywoodland can never be the 1930's. It was built for DHS to take place in the present, and was built in DCA when Hollywood Pictures Backlot was placed in the present. They might as well not even stick with this 1930's theming because it's majorly contradicted and hasn't even begun yet anyway.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast