Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

• "I don't like the color"

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Still its based on real world locations. Monstropolis never had that illusion that it was based in our actual 'real' world, its off in its own dimension, connected to ours by closet doors

Regardless of them both being 'fantasy', its an alternate version of our world vs completely separate from our world entirely

And what Illusion said.
    Wouldn't a land populated entirely with talking cars be considered an "alternate version of our world" since there are absolutely no humans to be found?
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

•   
    • Minion

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I think Monstropolis would be a big mistake. In fact, I'd like them to take out Monsters Inc. and Muppets 3D and redo that whole area.
    If I was in charge this is the route i would want as well.

• Minion

Only connection i can think of

List of science-fiction films of the 1950s - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why not have a roller coaster through classic monster film (excluding universal of course) with Mike and Sully guiding us through?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well....one one hand the Tron ride sounds like a nice little addition will give the land more life and won't take up too much space so I'm all for it

Monsters Coaster would be cool if it took over Monsters Inc...but the Muppets 3D show? No way just use stage 17 and Monster inc...to make the new coaster and make a new 3D Muppet show based after the first new movie seems like a better way to get two new attractions out

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Wouldn't a land populated entirely with talking cars be considered an "alternate version of our world" since there are absolutely no humans to be found?
    Yes...thats what I said, you skipped the part where Monsters Inc is its own separate world from ours. Made more obvious by the fact that they have to enter 'portals' to enter our world. They don't exist here naturally, they even go on to explain that fact with the whole 'exile' bit.

Cars is an alternate version of our world, still our world; Monstropolis is not, its its own separate world, that has links to ours, but doesnt exist within ours.

At the very least the architecture of the city is more along the lines you'd find in a city on the East Coast.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

for reference

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Yes...thats what I said, you skipped the part where Monsters Inc is its own separate world from ours. Made more obvious by the fact that they have to enter 'portals' to enter our world. They don't exist here naturally, they even go on to explain that fact with the whole 'exile' bit.

Cars is an alternate version of our world, still our world; Monstropolis is not, its its own separate world, that has links to ours, but doesnt exist within ours.

At the very least the architecture of the city is more along the lines you'd find in a city on the East Coast.
    Meh, potatoe, potato. They are both not of this world but of a fantasy world and to say Monsteropolis doesn't belong while Carsland does smells, well........
    Besides, if you can see the Matterhorn from Main Street it's all good, right?
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Meh, potatoe, potato. They are both not of this world but of a fantasy world and to say Monsteropolis doesn't belong while Carsland does smells, well........
    Besides, if you can see the Matterhorn from Main Street it's all good, right?
    Except one is based on a fantasy of our world, one is based on fantasy of its own world.

They're very different contexts, more how Middle Earth is supposed to be a prehistory version 'fantasy' of our world, compared to...Coruscant which has nothing to do with our world, its its own 'fantasy' world

Potato, tomato (ato = fantasy)
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I think Monstropolis would be a big mistake. In fact, I'd like them to take out Monsters Inc. and Muppets 3D and redo that whole area.
    Hopefully, this is what they'll eventually decide to do.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Only connection i can think of

List of science-fiction films of the 1950s - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why not have a roller coaster through classic monster film (excluding universal of course) with Mike and Sully guiding us through?
    You sure keep coming up with decent ideas! Too bad you're chasing a bad dream, I'd love to see your creativity when it's not being asked to compensate for a bad original idea.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    You sure keep coming up with decent ideas! Too bad you're chasing a bad dream, I'd love to see your creativity when it's not being asked to compensate for a bad original idea.
    why thank you

• Minion

I personally like both ideas, especially the Tron lightcycle one. If they come to be real in the future, I will definitely be in line.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by huntzilla View Post
    Al mentioned that the Tron ride would be an E-Ticket coaster, using the technology from the Tron ride in Shanghai Disneyland, and would be utilizing the Peoplemover track. I don't understand how these add up. The SDL is supposed to be the biggest E-Ticket for that parr. It is going to be a motorbike coaster and is replacing Space Mountain. I don't see how something of that scale would fit on the Peoplemover track.
    A lot of conceptual and logistics type work has already gone into the Tron ride for Shanghai, hence Disney wouldn't have to spend time and money on developing an all new ride system for whatever is put on the People Mover tracks/Innoventions. When you look at the total acreage, Innoventions plus PeopleMover tracks is a lot of space. Now, not all of the track would necessarily be used. I think that the big double width track from the entrance of Tomorrowland to the old PeopleMover load area is in good condition, and could easily be retrofitted.

I believe stairs would be needed per OSHA if you had the old People Mover, which if it lost power you might have to evac 50 people from that section of track alone, so you need stairs to escape a fire/handle the number of guests. If just a single light cycle is stopped, no big deal. Just have railings and walk the guests back to the People Mover station, or nearest exit point.

With a Tron lightcycle ride, they might well want to bank the tracks this time, yes, this is $$ to do this, but it is not nearly as much money in longterm costs as paying for new tires and having to constantly adjust velocity so you don't fly off the track. So, they can bank one end of this track, have the light cycle go through scenes inside buildings, and dark ride scenes in Innoventions and you'd have a great ride.

Why not Iron Man or Star Wars? Obviously, nothing is final until we have an announcement, but however you feel about Tron Legacy's plot, the world of Tron was visually stunning in the last film, and can be easily replicated with a small amount of space (think the People Mover tunnels inside of the Tomorrowland buildings) if you use flexible LED tech, screens . . . could look great, and you could add some night appeal to innoventions with flexible LED theming to make it look like the world of Tron.

Test Track 2.0 in Disney World already has a very Tron-ish look to it . . . and it works pretty well.

It's really funny how Carsland gets a pass and not Monsteropolis around here. Who's to say that Monsteropolis won't be themed to DCA "Standards"? DCA has become less of a tribute to the Golden State anyway so why not? It is interesting to see the comments about "theme" in this thread considering what went on in the PFF thread.
    I think that if they do Monstropolis they will remove the horrible facade for Monsters Inc., and pretty much all the facades in this area, as well as repurpose the Muppet Theater and empty space, i.e. gut it for a Monsters Inc. E-Ticket, and make everything look like it fits together. Basically it will be like the difference between Sunshine Plaza and BVS, right now I don't even feel like I'm inside a Disney park, it looks hodge-podge like Universal.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    They did a good job of co-opting Arizona to make it seem like it was in California.
    I think that for most guests the California part of DCA isn't very important. When you enter Carsland you don't really think that you're in California (I feel like I'm in Arizona or in Monument Valley which is the inspiration for Ornament Valley), at least I sure don't, you just appreciate the awesome details and artistry of the place. I think that when guests enter Monstropolis (if it gets built), then people will be enjoying that world and not thinking about California.

I think the California part of DCA makes sense at the entrance into BVS, but beyond the Carthay, you enter into other worlds.

You sure about that? Looks awfully normal to me:
    Attachment 28927
    I think Monstropolis would blend well with the rest of Hollywood land, which hopefully will be remade into something else at some point, given that Monstropolis is overall much like the human world. I would love the details they could add, i.e. the little Monster-related stuff that let's you know that you're not in the normal world.

• One Little Spark...

I would like to see a mini Muppet Studios. Update Muppet Vision, turn Monsters Inc into the Great Muppet Movie Ride and have another attraction in the unused Hollywood and Dine. Or even turn that area into a sit-down Muppet themed restaurant. There could even be a live Muppet show on the outdoor stage that could parody Disneyland attractions.

Just some thoughts

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Maybe imaginashton could merge our ideas together into something better than Monstropolis?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'm not a fan of the MUPPETS attraction at DCA, but that said, if Disney shot a "MUPPET FILM NOIR" spoof in 30's Hollywood and released it in theaters, they could even shoot some sequences on location in Anaheim, which would give this part of HOLLYWOOD LAND both a genuine shooting location used in a movie, as a back lot area to Hollywood Land, tie into the era they're trying to present, and tie in the attractions that are housed there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I would like to see a mini Muppet Studios. Update Muppet Vision, turn Monsters Inc into the Great Muppet Movie Ride and have another attraction in the unused Hollywood and Dine. Or even turn that area into a sit-down Muppet themed restaurant. There could even be a live Muppet show on the outdoor stage that could parody Disneyland attractions.

Just some thoughts
    We need a MuppetVision 2.0 if they keep it, that attraction was stale and dated on Day One at DCA.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast